Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Ah, OK! It was some virtual cgi rollercoaster video plus some skimpily dressed lady that I viewed on the cardboard, I assumed it was 3D but apparently it was just 2D video. I think all the content I viewed must have been just 2D videos. That explains a lot :)

Only VR I have ever tried is the Google Cardboard and that was very unimpressive. Is PSVR how much better?
How much better is PSVR compared to for example Samsung's Gear VR?
I know neither of those have much interactivity, but how much better is PSVR image quality, field of view etc..?

Psvr and Vive should have more interactivity due to their hand controllers.

Rift Psvr and Vive have positional tracking. So you can lean and move in the virtual world. While gear VR only have rotational tracking.

Google cardboard is more like huge personal display than VR. It's lag is just.. Too much.

Ah, OK! It was some virtual cgi rollercoaster video plus some skimpily dressed lady that I viewed on the cardboard, I assumed it was 3D but apparently it was just 2D video. I think all the content I viewed must have been just 2D videos. That explains a lot :)

This music video is 360 3d

You have to pay extra for more 3d...and less dress.

I could be really biased towards PSVR,

You? Never!

but I would objectively judge the possibility of VR mass market adaptation by a combination of the following

-content
-quality
-comfort
-ease of use

And which of these factors is it that you're surreptitiously trying to suggest OR doesn't qualify in? Because all the reviews and impressions I've read seem to be praising it on all those factors.

Oh and by the way, PSVR is just as interactive as PCVR.

That's probably debatable when it comes to room scale. But it's certainly possible, may just be that's not been announced for PSVR yet.

Psvr and Vive should have more interactivity due to their hand controllers.

By the time PSVR launches, Occulus Touch will probably be on the market so they are in effect even in that regard (if you consider move to be the equal of touch).

Soooo from reading reddit. It seems the conclusion was

Psvr have the least glare. Rift have less sde than Vive. Psvr sde is comparable to Vive and rift but nobody knows for sure. As for fov, all of them feels similar but all of them have different view shape.

While of the hand controllers, rift > Vive > Psvr. The more common complain was Psvr PS move is too big.

Well, that Portal kind of game I saw on Vive made me want to buy a PC+Vive the other day.

But I could never risk breaking the life size statue of Shifty I keep in my lounge. Naked of course.
Strip it of nakedness!

Considering how little people wanted to clear a small space for Kinect, I don't see room space VR being anything other than niche for the moment.
Isn't room scale VR so works fine for mat size VR? Or table scale VR?

Although Psvr and rift also able to offer it... I think Psvr demoed their room scale VR with the walk VR a year ago.

Considering how little people wanted to clear a small space for Kinect, I don't see room space VR being anything other than niche for the moment.
The sensors are interesting enough to tell you your play space. You can see your play space in the VR set if the developer set it up to show you your walking boundaries.

It's reasonable, about the size of a cubicle. Some games can be larger but I guess it all comes down to the type of game.

I honestly don't see it having mass appeal, certainly not before a wireless headset anyway. I'm happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong though.

This got me excited about VR in general

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/welcome-to-the-virtual-age/

When we see Neo look down from a ledge in the Matrix, we may get some sense of vertigo, but no one would equate it to the actual experience of standing on the edge of a thousand-foot drop.

Stand on a ledge in a Rift, and you’ll instantly understand why VR is fundamentally different. You will in fact feel like you’re on the edge of a thousand-foot drop – and, if you’re like me, you’ll instantly take a reflexive step back. There’s no interpretation or reconstruction involved in VR; the experience is as visceral and direct as the real world

Imagine that five to ten years from now, instead of Skyping, you and a friend chat at a table on a virtual Piazza Navona, pulling up screens, holograms, and whiteboards as needed, then teleport to Yankee Stadium to catch a game. That’s certainly within the realm of possibility, although getting there will require time and a great deal of research and innovative technology, in areas ranging from displays to computer vision to perception, and much more.

Back