A comparison of motion blur implementations *spawn

From the latest behind the scenes video of U4
DearestDistinctHackee.gif

OBnZfc2.gif

There are more good scenes with "blurry stuff" in it.

I think the PSVR version will impress a lot of people. This game was meant to be ported to VR!

Am I wrong to think the VR verion will not be the Battlefront that currently we are playing? It'll just be a different game, so I don't think there will be porting. I'm guessing lightsaber stuff on rails.

A good example of great motion blur in CG from the latest U4 trailer by digic

Looks absolutely amazing, even if it looks "blury" in stills in high motion scenes.

Ever since they moved to Trackmania 2 engine, this franchise always looked absolute stellar to me, mostly thankfully to the good blur that conveys excellent sense of speed. Here is the awesome overview [and driving] of the all environments from the latest Trackmania Turbo release.

Uploader also has several standalone videos where he tries to break records. Game looks great in all of them.

Ever since they moved to Trackmania 2 engine, this franchise always looked absolute stellar to me, mostly thankfully to the good blur that conveys excellent sense of speed. Here is the awesome overview [and driving] of the all environments from the latest Trackmania Turbo release.

Uploader also has several standalone videos where he tries to break records. Game looks great in all of them.
Canyon track at 2:18 looks so good.

Yebis wins, every single time.

Project Cars blur straight from replay, camera is tracking the car and surrounding move quite fast
ProjectCARS201603271.png

and Just Cause's 3 attempt at hiding 30 fps jerkiness when rotating the camera around object
JustCause32016030418.png

Project Cars blur straight from replay, camera is tracking the car and surrounding move quite fast
ProjectCARS201603271.png

I don't know if they patched it later, but cars are exempt from any type of motion blur no matter what the motion is, in project cars. I'll find a couple of screenshots demonstrating it.

Wow! How have I never heard of that? It looks stupidly good and fun!

Trackmania was so far a PC-only franchise, it has a great fanbase there. This is the first game that fixed the menus into something casual user can use, and online servers will probably not be as seizure-inducing as before [server host could mod-in zillion custom hud elements [usually 10 types of rankings] and play custom music]. :D

The main appeal of this franchise for me is that it has awesome track editor, so after just few months users can go on a online server each day, drive short tracks with 99 other players, and almost never drive same track twice.

This is Project Cars PC version, screenshot from this video, best I could find in 5 mins:
NJ1K5Ou.jpg

As you see, cars are held exempt from the motion blur shader. Hint:
The car moving in the opposite direction should receive motion blur.

So in the shot that novcze posted, the car is sharp not because the camera is moving with it, but simply the shader is not applied on the car, in any case. (Of course, this works in 90% of the cases, but you can see their trick in S curves)

Now that i've seen this one bit repeated multiple times... On what exactly did his hand cling to when it stops slipping?

You know it's not a simulation, right? Or real on any level.
I thought they were using GPU physics to calculate the ring getting stuck.
Kidding aside (if that's what you think I thought?!), someone who is constantly climbing and clinging onto things wouldn't wear a ring. He could as well wear an inflatable sumo wrestler costume because it's a game and stuffs and Drake is not real.

edit: This belongs in the UC4 thread, sorry for the noise.

Last edited:
Back