Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

From what I have read the tv show streams with an internet connection and can be readily skipped.
Thats the worst implementation ever :oops: ! Just shows the TV show is a meaningless leftover from the XB1 'Watercooler' era. Waste of money, I say. If it was so pivotal to the game it would have been on the disc. If Remedy is okay with ppl skipping it, it just shwos it adds nothing important to the format. Game is independent of the show.

Frankly, I don't want live action TV in my game, but that personal taste. IF you are going to put a show in there, atleast make it cohesive.

The total game size with the TV show is 120 gigs, i'm not sure if they wanted to have 3 bluray disks for the whole thing. I just hope i can stream it without problems, i've seen like 10 minutes of the show and while it's not anything extraordinary, it's quite entertaining to watch and adds some character development to the game.

From the second video, when camera is static or moving slowly image quality is very pleasing, and far beyond any 720p title

Images so spoiler tag
1btr6l.jpg

When you start moving the camera image quality drops
23wraw.jpg

The effect their taa can have on thin geometry during camera movement
32brt8.jpg

It's a very interesting technique, i'd like to know more about how it's applied and curious to see if it's used on PC as well :yep2:

Edit: Look at that (i don't think it's lod streaming)
qbgif2qepum.gif

Gamersyde also report great performance in the X1 version

Last edited:
Has that Alan Wake like almost black crushed shadows. Also wish there was no film grain.

Anyways I am pretty sure this reconstruction is just going to work while staying still and the game will be 720p while moving which, if true, brings me to a conclusion that the only reason it exists is to have 1080Pr.

Just a word of warning, people reporting end-game spoilers on twitter. Don't ruin the game for yourselves, i haven't seen anything and not planning to.

Anyways I am pretty sure this reconstruction is just going to work while staying still and the game will be 720p while moving which, if true, brings me to a conclusion that the only reason it exists is to have 1080Pr.

Or image better image quality when you stop to look at something ...

Back