Nintendo announce: Nintendo NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
or its a bait. a bait to lure the real leak.

to make those with NX in hand feels "less guarded" and more willing to leak.

LOL ah they had me big time,Nintendo apparently related to gamespot that some elements of this fake leak into the real device ,that could just be two thumb sticks for all we know :smile:

Wow, I'm really happy it's fake. But don't underestimate nintendo's ability to do something equally crazy. :runaway:

I will say one thing that troubled me was if that degree of finished hardware was around, why zero credible spec leaks?

Seems we still know nothing about NX. I think 2017 is 50-50 now, may not come out until 2018.

I will say one thing that troubled me was if that degree of finished hardware was around, why zero credible spec leaks?

Seems we still know nothing about NX. I think 2017 is 50-50 now, may not come out until 2018.
We had zero credible spec leaks for the WiiU up until, and beyond, actual retail availability. We may never know thec specs of the NX. Which takas a lot of fun out of speculation.

We had zero credible spec leaks for the WiiU up until, and beyond, actual retail availability. We may never know thec specs of the NX. Which takas a lot of fun out of speculation.

Uhm, I thought there was spec leak on WiiU but no one wanted to believe it was true so it was discarded. Or was that the Wii?

WiiU had spec leaks, but majority of people thought that there is no way Nintendo is crazy enough to use small radeon 4xxx series GPU and still stick with [a bit evolved] gamecube powerPC CPU.

Also in general, there was a lot of apathy toward that system. Nintendo showed few tech demos [that were never matched in actual games], but it became quite early that this console will aim at a bit over PS3/x360 GPU performance range and low CPU performance.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/14/new-nintendo-console-at-e3.aspx

In Apr. 14, 2011 the first details of Wii U were reported (1 year & 7 months before Wii U was released).

So it is really strange that no reliable details are shown if NX will really be released in 7~8 months.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/14/new-nintendo-console-at-e3.aspx

In Apr. 14, 2011 the first details of Wii U were reported (1 year & 7 months before Wii U was released).

So it is really strange that no reliable details are shown if NX will really be released in 7~8 months.
Er, in that article they have no idea whether the WiiU would even be backwards compatible, much less its hardware configuration. They only say that a "Wii HD" will come.
I wouldn't be surprised if the hardware details of the NX are never made public, but I think it would be unfortunate if not. Personally, I feel that hardware engineers should be able to present their work, even if the launch of the system to the public isn't when it is done.

Uhm, I thought there was spec leak on WiiU but no one wanted to believe it was true so it was discarded. Or was that the Wii?

Yes & it was here I remember being the person that believed it
Wii+U+CPU.jpg

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1577763/

Last edited:
Er, in that article they have no idea whether the WiiU would even be backwards compatible, much less its hardware configuration. They only say that a "Wii HD" will come.
I wouldn't be surprised if the hardware details of the NX are never made public, but I think it would be unfortunate if not. Personally, I feel that hardware engineers should be able to present their work, even if the launch of the system to the public isn't when it is done.
http://www.kotaku.jp/2011/04/wii2_tablet.html

Another report in April, 2011 which revealed 6-inch touch screen, IBM CPU and AMD R700 GPU of Wii U (1 year & 7 months before launch).

The NX is too secret for 2016 launch.

http://www.kotaku.jp/2011/04/wii2_tablet.html

Another report in April, 2011 which revealed 6-inch touch screen, IBM CPU and AMD R700 GPU of Wii U (1 year & 7 months before launch).

The NX is too secret for 2016 launch.
:D
The internet is a wonderful place. Maybe it is time to formulate this into a law?
"For a given technical device, with a prospective total audience of "c", development cycle of "m" months, and degree of tech nerd appeal "a", the resolution "r" of the rumors surrounding the device will improve as follows, as time to release "t" shortens:
r=(a*c)/(m*e^(-t))

Feel free to tweak it, there should probably be some Ubisoft constant in there somewhere as well.

Last edited:
From the reddit guy:

- More powerful than PS4, no bottlenecks, definitve version of their game is on NX, at worst NX matches PS4, the game is already out on others consoles and was praised for its graphics.
- Not X64 x86, but development seems easy
- 12GB ram, only 6GB usable for games
- Os is a hog, looks like a bloated Android OS, runs mostly fine
- 1TB HDD
- HDMI 2.0a, USB3.0, sd cards ports
- pair up with mobile devices (android, IOS, phones)
- 25GB discs
- One screen on one controller, 3 controllers in total including a traditionnal controller
- Scrolling shoulders buttons
- Analog triggers + rumble localized on different parts
- Classic console, not gimmicky console
- 1080p screen on controller, physical buttons, hardwired controller
- Capacitive high quality touch screen
- New Nintendo console this year
- Launch window December for their own game
- Final name of NX will marketable and better than Wii U
- Heard nothing about the handheld
- Interactive achievement, implemented like trophies but different in practice
- devkit is a big box with lot of ports, bigger footprint than PS4
- No BC with either Wii or Wii U
- Lot's of red color in the OS
- Nintendo is a part of the name of the console but you can exclude it like DS or 3DS
- You get coins for completing Missions (the different achievements) that can be used to unlock specific bonuses usable in Nintendo store

I told you, lots of details here, the guy has a lot of imagination!

Last edited:
From the reddit guy:

- More powerful than PS4, no bottlenecks, definitve version of their game is on NX, at worst NX matches PS4, the game is already out on others consoles and was praised for its graphics.
- Not X64, but development seems easy
- 12GB ram, only 6GB usable for games
- Os is a hog, looks like a bloated Android OS, runs mostly fine
- 1TB HDD
- HDMI 2.0a, USB3.0, sd cards ports
- pair up with mobile devices (android, IOS, phones)
- 25GB discs
- One screen on one controller, 3 controllers in total including a traditionnal controller
- Scrolling shoulders buttons
- Analog triggers + rumble localized on different parts
- Classic console, not gimmicky console
- 1080p screen on controller, physical buttons, hardwired controller
- Capacitive high quality touch screen
- New Nintendo console this year
- Launch window December for their own game
- Final name of NX will marketable and better than Wii U
- Heard nothing about the handheld
- Interactive achievement, implemented like trophies but different in practice
- devkit is a big box with lot of ports, bigger footprint than PS4
- No BC with either Wii or Wii U
- Lot's of red color in the OS
- Nintendo is a part of the name of the console but you can exclude it like DS or 3DS
- You get coins for completing Missions (the different achievements) that can be used to unlock specific bonuses usable in Nintendo store

I told you, lots of details here, the guy has a lot of imagination!
This is too plausible to not be true. If this is not a real leak of the exact specifications of the laundry list of features a delusional nintendo fan came up with, i don't know what is.

Wow, what a load of fanboy wetdream bullshit...

Over 4gb of ram but not 64bit (x64) is the sure sign of it being false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back