Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

I've had a play and I've found a grip where I can comfortably (for a while at least) hold the DS4 using the left grip so my thumb can access the left stick of the d-pay, or the right grip where my thumb can access the right stick or the face buttons but neither are good for L1/L2/R1/R2 and the angle is oblique so I've be surprised if the camera could track the controller well - or not at all if I'm waving my about about.

Well Nav only has minimal buttons so won't need all the shoulder buttons I suspect it will be used for little more than moving the player around so DS4 should suffice...and the PSVR won't want to track the DS4 in that scenario because the Nav isn't trackable anyway. I also think they will likely design the games with no Nav controller in mind (or at least try to avoid it's use).

Well Nav only has minimal buttons so won't need all the shoulder buttons I suspect it will be used for little more than moving the player around so DS4 should suffice...and the PSVR won't want to track the DS4 in that scenario because the Nav isn't trackable anyway. I also think they will likely design the games with no Nav controller in mind (or at least try to avoid it's use).

Good points, well made! :yes:

I don't understand why the PS Move charger is not included in this bundle. These Move controllers can't be charged using a regular USB charger and the PS4 only charges them when its fully powered (on).

The PS Move charger kit is very cheap these days, for as little as 5 GBP (Amazon marketplace).

I don't understand why the PS Move charger is not included in this bundle. These Move controllers can't be charged using a regular USB charger and the PS4 only charges them when its fully powered (on).
Sony sell a charging station which will charge two of the original PS3 Move controllers. It's £5 new at Amazon UK. Yeah, I know.. must be a pricing error. My Vita stand was CAN$20 and I had to import it. Too bad, Sony/Amazon. It's mine now!

Once people realise these stations will be in demand, the price will rocket.

Kinda Funny Games Interview with Yoshida (PSVR talk begins at 11:52 and ends at 29:10). One of the topics discussed is the reason for the delay:

18:55 - 21:02
KFG Shuhei Yoshida Interview said:
KFG: Are you optimistic this thing is going to meet whatever your internal targets are for the year?

SY: We had an internal target that we realized was a bit too small. That was the reason we pushed back the launch from the first half, around the June E3 time frame. The hardware development has been done, its on schedule. More and more we get feedback from consumers and retailers and our business side realized we need more units than we originally anticipated to prepare for the launch. So, the only thing we can do is delay the launch so that we can manufacture more for day one. That's the biggest reason for the October launch as opposed to first half. At the same time we know that delaying it will give time for all of the software developers, including ourselves, to keep polishing the games because VR is very difficult, there are lots of hardware problems to solve, so that lots people will have a great experience when they try PSVR for the first time . So giving teams, all teams, more time will help them improve the initial experience of the consumer when they buy PSVR and their games. These are the 2 major reasons we pushed back the launch time frame.

The above is not a direct transcript and has some paraphrasing (largely since this is a video interview not a written interview and transcribing the spoken dialogue would be harder to parse when reading).

Last edited:
Scoop: Sony says PSVR was delayed! (to confuse people thinking now Psvr getting delayed)

Added to previous crunchy statement like "oculus rift is more state of the art than Psvr"

I don't understand why the PS Move charger is not included in this bundle. These Move controllers can't be charged using a regular USB charger and the PS4 only charges them when its fully powered (on)..

I'm not quite sure I understand? They use the older mini USB (PS3) which can be got easily enough and the PS4 charges in standby?

i wonder, does DS4 in VR need the LED to be on "bright" or "dim" is okay?

on "dim" it already dead in a few hours... if it needs "bright".... i guess i'll need to buy high quality long microUSB cable, but where...

People will need breaks a lot more often with VR. It's not such a bad thing if controllers need to be plugged in every few hours. Who would actually be playing on PSVR or any VR for hours with no breaks? Can't be good for you. God I sound so old.

Just be sure you do, and it's not a VR simulation of your leaving VR but you're still trapped inside the machine!

200_s.gif

Back