Day of the Testicle Remastered [PS4, PSV]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11852

largecapsule_thumb.png

Out today, 22nd March 2016, on PS4, PS Vita (Cross-Buy on PlayStation) and PC on GOG. I have real fond memories of DotT!

It’s been 23 years since Day of the Tentacle first hit store shelves, but today Dr Fred’s Mutant Purple Tentacle is once again poised to take on the world!

We’re hopeful that our remastered version of the classic point and click puzzle game will delight fans new and old, with new high resolution artwork and high quality audio combining with the celebrated dialogue and clever puzzles that made DOTT an instant classic back in the day.

To celebrate launch day we’ve put together this little making of featurette which follows the development of the game here at Double Fine. You’ll see the lengths we went to when making sure the remaster was recreated as faithfully as possible.

Reallu great news. The remastered art looks surprisingly non-shitty, and very true tobthe original. Sprites seemed like were mosrly vectorized by some automated software ( with artist touchups for sure ) but the results look great. I hated the art from MI remaster... Its a shame they couldn't jusr re-scan the actual hand painted BG art from back in the day. Most if not all of it is probably lost...

Gezus I read the thread title as "Day of the Testicle".

What a way to out yourself!

Since you haven't played it, I can strongly recommend it. Funny as hell and goofy beyond belief. I still have the original game around somewhere and a copy that came on a CD with voices. That were crazy back in the day :D

Why they didn't release it for tablets is beyond my understanding though. Point and Click adventure games are perfect in that form factor.

Back