Why does user542745831 have an inferiority complex towards consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't nobody got time to re-buy the same games as "HD/4K remasters" every bloody generation. I'd much rather have it this way.

Solution:

Sell your console. Buy a PC. Buy only PC games. Buy a new GPU once in a while. Crank up the resolution over time. Done. No need to buy HD/UHD remasters.

Gamers should let consoles die. Simple as that.

Sell your console. Buy a PC. Buy only PC games. Buy a new GPU once in a while. Crank up the resolution over time. Done. No need to buy HD/UHD remasters.

This bollocks again. When I can buy a PC that retains the benefits of a PC (hardware upgrades, backwards compatibility) but comes in a neat package that'll fit comfortably in my AV centre and contact to nothing but my TV, that doesn't require me to worry about anti-virus or anti-malware software, that doesn't expect me to have a keyboard or mouse available, that can be used exclusively from a gamepad with a single store and unified UI, that doesn't need me to rollback to a previous OS backup because an updated driver hosed one of my games, that let's me freeze the game any time I like and ignore it for 3 weeks, then be back in the game in five seconds.

When that's a thing, please post and I'll jump. Really. I have money to spend on something like this right now. I thought Windows 10 might be a step towards this gaming utopia but now we're getting software splintering across the different stores on Windows which definitely isn't going to help.

that doesn't require me to worry about anti-virus or anti-malware software

Seriously? Windows has Windows Defender built-in which updates itself...

that doesn't expect me to have a keyboard or mouse available, that can be used exclusively from a gamepad with a single store and unified UI

There's Steam Big Picture (which does not need a mouse or keyboard):

http://store.steampowered.com/bigpicture

But even if you were to need a mouse, the DualShock 4 touchpad can be used as a mouse for example:

http://ds4windows.com/

that doesn't need me to rollback to a previous OS backup because an updated driver hosed one of my games

LOL, in that case you simply uninstall the new driver and install the old one.

When that's a thing, please post and I'll jump. Really. I have money to spend on something like this right now.

If you spend your money on a console and console games instead, you can't expect anything to change (unfortunately). Stop supporting the consoles. Let them die. Then things will (hopefully) change.

but now we're getting software splintering across the different stores on Windows which definitely isn't going to help.

At least we're getting Forza Motorsport on these stores now. At up to 4K that is. Try that on your console.

Last edited:
Solution:

I was a believer in that philosophy and MS's new future vision until I recently bought a Surface Pro 4. The Windows experience is still as shite as ever. This is MS's own OS on MS's own, fixed platform hardware, andnthey can't get it right. Example - I installed a video editing application which ran with a poop interface (developers fault for not using system drawing). I came to run it yesterday and a .dll is missing and I'm told to reinstall the app. The changes since installing that application were installing two others and changing screen resolution. One of those simple acts killed a .dll. Oh, and Unity refused to install. Oh, and I got a trillion Sjype notifications for a conversation I had already had and no means to disable them in Skype settings because MS had cleverly hidden those settings away under system notifications.

PC still doesn't work properly. You need to be very tech savvy to operate one. You need to browse the internet to learn how to use one because the interface is gobbledegook and nothing's intuitive. The best experience for PC thus far, IMO, is Windows 7 and Steam, but that still can have issues. Until Windows requires zero maintenance on behalf of the user, and is as simple as buy-install-play-remove on everything, it can't compete with the console (or mobile) experience. But the very nature of PC as mixed hardware means that will probably never be realised. As I say, even MS's own fixed flagship hardware can't handle the OS correctly. What chance is there for the typical random ensemble of PC parts in Gamer Joe's PC?

At least we're getting Forza Motorsport on these stores now. At up to 4K that is. Try that on your console.

Who is "we" ? I've been a Windows gamer since the mid-90s. I know what the PC experience is like :rolleyes: I use Steam in BigPicture Mode when streaming to my TV and use a DualShock 4 (with ds4tool). Want to switch between Steam and the other stores for games which aren't sold with Steam? Yeah you have to setup that shit yourself. You haven't used a console in a while if you think it's the same experience.

The appeal of a console is that it's like an appliance. You can ignore it until you want to play a game then you're gaming within a few seconds. The console's been in low power mode, but effectively off, everything is updated.

I was a believer in that philosophy and MS's new future vision until I recently bought a Surface Pro 4. The Windows experience is still as shite as ever. This is MS's own OS on MS's own, fixed platform hardware, andnthey can't get it right. Example - I installed a video editing application which ran with a poop interface (developers fault for not using system drawing). I came to run it yesterday and a .dll is missing and I'm told to reinstall the app. The changes since installing that application were installing two others and changing screen resolution. One of those simple acts killed a .dll. Oh, and Unity refused to install. Oh, and I got a trillion Sjype notifications for a conversation I had already had and no means to disable them in Skype settings because MS had cleverly hidden those settings away under system notifications.

PC still doesn't work properly. You need to be very tech savvy to operate one. You need to browse the internet to learn how to use one because the interface is gobbledegook and nothing's intuitive. The best experience for PC thus far, IMO, is Windows 7 and Steam, but that still can have issues. Until Windows requires zero maintenance on behalf of the user, and is as simple as buy-install-play-remove on everything, it can't compete with the console (or mobile) experience. But the very nature of PC as mixed hardware means that will probably never be realised. As I say, even MS's own fixed flagship hardware can't handle the OS correctly. What chance is there for the typical random ensemble of PC parts in Gamer Joe's PC?

Since when does one use a Surface Pro 4 to do serious gaming?

And since when do consoles have video editing applications?

This comparison is so much flawed...

Did we split the thread? Are we going to have two separate U4 threads? o_O

Did we split the thread? Are we going to have two separate U4 threads? o_O
This one is for PC Master Race bullshit. I have hope that if Google can build an AI to beat humans at Go, one day they build a filter to keep the PC Master Race bullshit out of console forums. What a day that will be! :yep2:

This one is for PC Master Race bullshit. I have hope that if Google can build an AI to beat humans at Go, one day they build a filter to keep the PC Master Race bullshit out of console forums. What a day that will be! :yep2:

As a PC gamer for almost two decades i concur. PCMR is the equivalent of console wars last gen, turned up to 11 :LOL:

I almost feel embarrassed to say that i'm gaming on PC, feels like i have to accompany it with "oh and consoles suck btw and 30 fps is completely unacceptable!" :neutral:

And WTF is "serious gaming"? Playing a fucking tax simulation?

Serious gaming is playing games that require more than lousy tablet hardware...

And the fact that there are tax simulations on PC but no Uncharted is because people support consoles instead of refusing them.

If people would no longer buy into consoles, then something like Uncharted would surely be on PC.

Just imagine Uncharted 4 being on PC, or DriveClub for example, how nice that would be.

But no, we have to stick to fu**ing console exclusivity because people support this sh**.

oh and consoles suck btw

Yes, indeed, they do.

and 30 fps is completely unacceptable!" :neutral:

Let's face it: Yes, it really is. Especially when you're used to 60 fps.

And to come back to topic:

People will be really spoiled when they play Uncharted 4 multiplayer at 60 fps and then get back to Uncharted 4 singleplayer at 30 fps.

As a PC gamer for almost two decades i concur. PCMR is the equivalent of console wars last gen, turned up to 11 :LOL:

I'm also a PC gamer of almost two decades - I bought my first Windows PC in 1998 (Pentium II 400Mhz, 96mb RAM, Nvidia Riva 128 GPU) running Win98 to play Half-Life (OpenGL because DirectX sucked) and have gamed own PCs consistently since then. But what makes me embarrassed about being a PC gamer is shit like what has been posted here where a PC gamer assumes if somebody has a console they're some kind of peasant and/or don't also own a PC so couldn't possible know anything about it.

I am PC gamer and have gamed on computers way more than I have consoles and I say without hesitation that most PC gamers are arseholes. The prevalent attitude of PC gamers is so unbelievably bad that they've been dubbed with the catchphrase "master race". And that's not a term of endearment, that's actually reflective of their views to gamers who think differently to themselves.

edit: the post above, kind of makes my point. the fact that somebody wants to remove choices for other people. gaming fucking genocide.

Serious gaming is playing games that require more than lousy tablet hardware...

My ps4 is faster than surface pro 4 :)

And the fact that there are tax simulations on PC but no Uncharted is because people support consoles instead of refusing them.

My english is not good enough to comprehend this sentence.

If people would no longer buy into consoles, then something like Uncharted would surely be on PC.

Just imagine Uncharted 4 being on PC, or DriveClub for example, how nice that would be.

But my pc is shit for gaming (damn you radeon HD 7770 with only 1GB ram) and already more expensive than ps4 :(

BTW you can play uncharted and drive club on PC via remoteplay.

Let's face it: Yes, it really is. Especially when you're used to 60 fps.

Have you ever experienced rock solid, low latency 30 fps game called DESTINY?

Not that shifty laggy the division. Try destiny. They have a free demo.

And to come back to topic:

People will be really spoiled when they play Uncharted 4 multiplayer at 60 fps and then get back to Uncharted 4 singleplayer at 30 fps.

Meh, I'll just turn on my TV motion smoothing and dial it to max.

I'm also a PC gamer of almost two decades - I bought my first Windows PC in 1998 (Pentium II 400Mhz, 96mb RAM, Nvidia Riva 128 GPU) running Win98 to play Half-Life (OpenGL because DirectX sucked) and have gamed own PCs consistently since then. But what makes me embarrassed about being a PC gamer is shit like what has been posted here where a PC gamer assumes if somebody has a console they're some kind of peasant and/or don't also own a PC so couldn't possible know anything about it.

I am PC gamer and have gamed on computers way more than I have consoles and I say without hesitation that most PC gamers are arseholes. The prevalent attitude of PC gamers is so unbelievably bad that they've been dubbed with the catchphrase "master race". And that's not a term of endearment, that's actually reflective of their views to gamers who think differently to themselves.

edit: the post above, kind of makes my point. the fact that somebody wants to remove choices for other people. gaming fucking genocide.

Sony console users will soon see the same when PS4.5 launches and PS4.0 peasants will be jealous.
Do you really, honestly think consoles owners are "jealous" of more powerful hardware? Does you brain assess that as a concept and throw out "yup, definitely true".

Seriously? :oops:

Do you really, honestly think consoles owners are "jealous" of more powerful hardware? Does you brain assess that as a concept and throw out "yup, definitely true".

Seriously? :oops:
I thought he was joking....I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back