The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I finished binge watching Gotham. I loved it. Really enjoy Gordon's badassery here. I want a Batman movie similarly unafraid to pull its punches now, but with the movie business being the movie business, with its stifling rating system and all, that's just not gonna happen I'm afraid.

I'm not really a fan of Gotham, but I'd watch an entire film with nothing but Gotham's Gordon and Alfred just kicking everyone's ass verbally and physically. Holy fuck did they get the casting and writing right for them, especially Alfred.

Having read the books already might have helped me in not having any trouble with the unknown characters...

I'm not really a fan of Gotham, but I'd watch an entire film with nothing but Gotham's Gordon and Alfred just kicking everyone's ass verbally and physically. Holy fuck did they get the casting and writing right for them, especially Alfred.

I think the casting is fantastic across the board actually. Falcone, Moroni, The Penguin, Harvey, Selina, Bruce, Fish - all of them are fantastic. Lovely looking show too. The Chandleresque look of the city resonates a lot more with me than Nolan's slightly embiggened Chicago.

Daredevil S02 so far

The first season was pretty much the best it can get for comic book adaptations, utterly amazing overall, and Fisk is probably the best damn villain character that has ever been filmed. Properly serious stuff, really good writing and acting, amazing fight choreography, the whole deal.

So I was kinda scared after all the trailers with the color coded ninjas and old girlfriends. I don't want this to become a fancy halloween soap opera going down the way like the Arrow did.
Now, I've only seen the first few episodes yet, but the quality is still there. And hot damn, Bernthal was just made for this part. I really hope they don't mess it up later on :)

I think the casting is fantastic across the board actually. Falcone, Moroni, The Penguin, Harvey, Selina, Bruce, Fish - all of them are fantastic. Lovely looking show too. The Chandleresque look of the city resonates a lot more with me than Nolan's slightly embiggened Chicago.

I don't know what it is but I am not digging the show at all. I just watched the first two episodes of DareDevil S2, and I like it so far, though I'm finding that I'm not liking it as much yet as Jessica Jones. But I like it nonetheless!

I started watching Daredevil season 1 last night. Decent opening episode and looking forward to the rest.

I'm getting in touch with my dark side (no I havnt bought a ps4)
currently watching
Lucifer : The Devil decides to go on holiday to L.A and become a police consultant - I shit you not.
Damien : The same guy from the omen movies the series mostly forgets the events of everything after the first film and picks up with damien now 30 and realising he's the antichrist.
hardly classics but there o.k

I've been watching Lucifer because it was just there and the main guy is quite entertaining. Still, the whole thing is pretty shit considering the potential. Looks like things are getting more interesting now.

Watching Jessica Jones at the moment. Doesn't really do it for me. Coming straight from the amazing Daredevil, the whole thing seems a bit lacking all across the board. There's nothing really compelling about the mopey and rude main character and her ditzy blonde sidekick (or the hunky blonde sidekick of the sidekick for that matter). I'm also having a really hard time taking the bad guy seriously, even though his capabilities should be rather frightening. The show also doesn't really seem to go anywhere. Seriously, how many times are you gonna catch the bad guy, only to let him escape in the next episode? The whole show has been going in circles for 10 episodes now.

Last edited:
Season 4 of House of Cards (US). Every season is just as good or better than the previous and damn Kevin Spacey is just fantastic in the role.

It's all a matter of taste I think, though season 3 wasn't the best of the three for sure. But I definitely enjoyed season 4 (almost through).

I started with Jessica Jones the same way as you Sigfried, but by the end I enjoyed it more than Daredevil. I'm not sure what it is, but I liked the bad guy better and I liked the mental struggles better.

Finished Daredevil S2 and I believe it's not as good as the first season; although still better than most of the other comic book hero shows. Some minor spoilers follow.

Based on the trailers, I've been afraid that it'd become more like The Arrow for example - lots of people cosplaying in bright colored suits, silly soap opera relationship dramas, and make-believe alliances between enemies and such. Thankfully that did not happen, the suits are almost always black because of the lighting and grading ;), and the characters act believably most of the time.
The actual letdown is the story mostly, as it gets a bit convoluted, and forgets to deliver on most of the questions and moral issues it raises in the beginning. For example, the disagreement between Matt and Frank about killing people is kinda forgotten in the end; or, there is a whole plot thread that's concluded way too quickly. Also, while we do get another amazing long-take action sequence, it's in the first third - and then the finale is kind of a let down.
It's also a bit too much, and a lot of it is told in parallel, which makes it convoluted, harder to follow and less exciting. And a lot of it is an obvious build up to upcoming seasons.

I also did not like the supernatural element with the introduction of The Hand. As far as I know it's an important part of the franchise, and the Marvel CU is going this way too, especially with the upcoming Dr. Strange movie - but I feel that it does not fit the realistic tone of the series. And it's just wrong to kill a major character and then immediately show that resurrection is next...

Then there's the return of Wilson Fisk, and while it is quite good, it's not closely related to the story - yet. Karen's murder of Wesley is almost completely unmentioned, and she seems almost non-effected by it either (she got herself a gun and that's all). Another plot thread for the next season I guess.

They did get the new hero characters right, though. Castle is a badass, and his simplicity actually helps. Quite likely to get his own show very soon :) Elektra on the other hand is quite complex, and a real femme fatale, and her relationship to Matt is handled much better. Casting is really good for both, too.
They are also

So all in all it's still worth watching, but it is obvious that the loss of the original showrunner was a major setback. I'm definitely looking forward to the next season, but I hope they'll be able to recover.

Back