CryEngine V

The main site remains offline but the documentation is accessible:

A New Launcher and UI: Navigate CRYENGINE more intuitively thanks to a streamlined UI which includes realigned features and new icon groupings. The tried and trusted CRYENGINE interface has undergone a major facelift making it not only easier to use, more consistent and visually appealing, but also providing additional customization options to ensure that developers can put the functions that matter most to them front and center. As a result of the new UI we will be starting a new change list from scratch, and as we progress will add fixes and updates all based on user feedback.

CE# Framework: A new APIthat allows developers who are familiar with C# to start scripting straight away in CRYENGINE V. While C++ is the industry standard in the traditional high-end game development space, it can seem daunting to aspiring developers who are just starting out. So to this end we are introducing a C# layer to CRYENGINE that allows a wider range of programmers to achieve their vision.

DirectX 12 Support: Utilize the latest branch of DirectX to take greater control of hardware resources. Introduced alongside Windows 10, Microsoft’s new DirectX 12 low-level API allows developers to get tomorrow’s performance out of today’s hardware. Thanks to CRYENGINE V’s newly introduced DirectX 12 support, developers will be able to work close to the metal getting the most out of CRYENGINE’s famous performance and state-of-the-art visuals.

Reworked Low Overhead Renderer: Significantlyincreases the performance of today’s hardware in graphically intensive applications. CRYENGINE V comes with a completely redesigned and rewritten core Renderer that allows submitting draw calls with minimal overhead. The new Renderer architecture enables us to get the most out of modern graphics APIs like DX12 and also greatly improves performance under DX11.

Advanced Volumetric Cloud System: Optimized for VR to give clouds full 3D spatial rendering for higher quality with a minimal performance hit. In CRYENGINE V we introduce an entirely new cloud system that enables users to create stunning volumetric clouds that integrate seamlessly into CRYENGINE’s advanced lighting models and with performance that can even fulfill the strict frame time requirements of VR apps.

New Particle System: Createstunning real-time fluid effects, handled almost entirely on the GPU. With a new Particle System that will optionally offload particle management and processing to the GPU, developers can achieve significantly higher particle throughput for expensive effects, further improving performance while building stunning worlds for gamers to explore.

FMOD Studio Support: Tight implementation of yet another professional Audio middleware that allows for greater flexibility in Audio middleware selection.

Improved Profiling: Profile your code with the power of advanced external profilers such as Brofiler (shipped with CRYENGINE), PIX, GPA and/or VTunes.

Visual Studio 2015 Support: CRYENGINE is now compliant with the MSVC 11.0, 12.0 and 14.0 compiler.

http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC1/CRYENGINE+V

That fluid particle system is very intriguing... TECH DEMO NAO PLZ!!!!!

Also, game showcase:

Ooooh gonna buy that humble bundle!

Cry engine is the nicest looking 3d game engine I ever used. Unreal and unity have horrid looking ui that really puts me off.

Even crazier, I can do some real time stuff at 10fps on my 6 watt tablet lol. I think I used it to make some kind of flood visualizations a few years ago.

Ooooh gonna buy that humble bundle!

Cry engine is the nicest looking 3d game engine I ever used. Unreal and unity have horrid looking ui that really puts me off.

Even crazier, I can do some real time stuff at 10fps on my 6 watt tablet lol. I think I used it to make some kind of flood visualizations a few years ago.
Even UE4 ?

Is there some issues with Cry engine's log in, it keeps giving me an internal server error when I try do dl the engine.....

Teaser for Basemark's CryEngine benchmark:

EDIT:
Procedural volumetric clouds look great. Seems like they support self-shadows:

Last edited:
@L. Scofield finding news from Crytek

tnIkTFK.gif

Jokes aside, looks amazing as always.

ah was able to dl it today, didn't see the activation email! should be interesting to compare this to lumberyard.

anybody lost their login? i just created again using my "go-to" email for registering anything and it works again -___-

and now they have a seperate launcher? no offline full download? last time i remembered it was a simple zip archive, extract, login, done.

yeah you have to dl it through the launcher now. The editor looks very different now and actually kinda navigates like UE4.

And he only used the built-in assets. Imagine that combined with a bunch of user created assets. The voxel lighting is just gorgeous.

my brain is fried or something?

i remember in CryEngine 3 sandbox i can make a "game" from scratch easily, with 0 programming. I can create simple floor, create terrain, add water.

then add water rise/lower using built-in logic flowchart.

Now in Cryengine V, i cant do any of that. and the official tutorial tell me to copy paste a bunch of codes into Mono.

What the heck? why crytek make cryengine harder to use? or my memory playing tricks at me...

Back