AMD: Speculation, Rumors, and Discussion (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stream is on, Lisa Su just shot what I think was some T-Shirts at the audience using a compressed air bazooka and Raja is talking about chemistry on a lab coat.

Well they're having lots of fun :)

Vega confirmed for late 2016 / early 2017

amdroadmap.jpg

Vega confirmed as an architecture coming out early 2017, followed by Navi in 2018.
It says HBM2 below Vega, which makes afraid that there really isn't any Polaris coming with HBM2 this year.

bLXCAt7.jpg

"TrueAudio Next" - It seems TrueAudio isn't dead at all.

Polaris 10 running Hitman DX12 1440p 60FPS. Can't say anything about quality settings because the video stream isn't great.
Let's just hope this wasn't everything they showed about the GPU..

Total War: Warhammer from Creative Assembly confirmed DX12

A bunch of press folks wrote about it as soon as the event started. Looks like a scheduled embargo lift.

Slowpoke!
Wow I even thought my post had been posted twice somehow.

TrueAudio Next appeared in the slide after that one with the roadmap. It was the only thing that wasn't known already.

The distance from the center of the "Polaris" square to the x-axis is a tad over 2.5 times the distance from the center of the "28nm GPUs" square to the x-axis. So with the same measurement method, I get the following perf/W estimates for Polaris, Vega, and Navi (assuming that the scale is linear).

Polaris: 2.6x
Vega: 3.9x
Navi: 5.2x

EDIT: I placed a chart on top of the image and I got slightly different values for Vega and Navi: 3.8 and 5.1 respectively. Not that these differences really matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back