NPD February 2016 Sales Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
SFV apparently did 200-210k. I'd imagine that this would be a type of game that would sell more digitally compared to other games, but still not good. The complete lack of advertising and lack of content really hurt sales it seems. Again, hopefully it has legs when the game is finished and leaves early access.

There I fixed it for you. ;) They should have just called it what it was. Early Access. You are buying an unfinished game.

Regards,
SB

The PS4 sales are understandable. The XB1 with kinect abandoned is just a weaker console with for not too much less money.

The PS4 sales are understandable. The XB1 with kinect abandoned is just a weaker console with for not too much less money.

And the Xbox with Kinect was just a weaker console for considerably more money.

MS did what they had to do. Customers didn't want it, even when they tried eating half the cost and bundling Titanfall (not even a Kinect game, so basically 'lol'). They're in a bad place now, but by goodness they were in a far worse one.

On their original trajectory Xbox One would now have been written off like most of Nokia.

And the Xbox with Kinect was just a weaker console for considerably more money.

MS did what they had to do. Customers didn't want it, even when they tried eating half the cost and bundling Titanfall (not even a Kinect game, so basically 'lol'). They're in a bad place now, but by goodness they were in a far worse one.

On their original trajectory Xbox One would now have been written off like most of Nokia.
MS learned the lesson Sony did from the previous generation, it will benefit everyone for the next generation and even the current one due to a change in course. For all the flaws I'm actually impressed by the rebound, theyve gotten quite a bit right with the post E3 less arrogant, less greedy MS. So much so that I'll probably pick up an XB1 later this year if for no other reason than the first titles coming and already released, there is quite good content there.

Yeah XB1 sales are still good in their own right, PS4 is just on another level. MS did a very good job of turning things around.

If they didn't de-bundle kinect, things would be even worse. That was the first logical move to reduce the price. Even if MS released high quality kinect games, the price of the XB1 with kinect was too high to compete with the PS4 IMO. At best their install base would be about the same as it is now.

I laugh so hard at all the people who thought MS had a chance this gen. Some friends try to argue: "But PS3 turned things around, so MS can do it as well". I then have to explain that, in total, PS3 outsold the 360 from the day it launched. And from the moment the 360 launched, Sony sold +50 million PS2 consoles.

But with the One; the moment the DDR3 specs and mandatory Kinect were known, it was over. The Always Online and some other bullshit MS tried to pull, to me, were just the icing on the cake.
Titanfall2 will be really interesting. I expect 70-30 in the favour of PS4, and that's just in the US. Globally... 75-25.
If Xbox sales drop below 100k a month, MS will pull the plug. Halo 6 might still be on Xbox, but Halo 7 will not be, mark my words :)

I laugh so hard at all the people who thought MS had a chance this gen. Some friends try to argue: "But PS3 turned things around, so MS can do it as well". I then have to explain that, in total, PS3 outsold the 360 from the day it launched. And from the moment the 360 launched, Sony sold +50 million PS2 consoles.

Except PS3 still hasn't outsold X360 LTD. It may have done better launch aligned, but not LTD.

Regards,
SB

I laugh so hard at all the people who think console gaming is still relevant.

Except PS3 still hasn't outsold X360 LTD. It may have done better launch aligned, but not LTD.

Regards,
SB

Eh, it's pretty much the same in terms of shipments. Active PS3 installed base is higher.

I then have to explain that, in total, PS3 outsold the 360 from the day it launched.

You should try explaining to them the truth instead of lies. The PS3 had not outsold the X360 in terms of lifetime to date sales numbers.

Eh, it's pretty much the same in terms of shipments. Active PS3 installed base is higher.

You know, I doubt that active PS3 install base is still higher (given third party sales), but if you have figures perhaps you could share them?

You know, I doubt that active PS3 install base is still higher (given third party sales), but if you have figures perhaps you could share them?

Just to clarify, I was talking about worldwide shipments rather than US.

The data I've seen is from companies like IHS & Wedbush etc...

IHS probably had no idea what they are talking about unless somebody can prove otherwise. They are the common report people cite for PS3>360, but there's never any evidence shown behind that report. If somebody can prove the data, please do.

It might be different if IHS had said "using NPD/GFK/Media Create data, we conclude" or something, but they didn't. There's literally no mention how they concluded that. It probably was a guess IMO.

I guess we wont know but pretty much most data I know of certainly suggests X360 won by a nose (including that PS3 died off a lot quicker, due to the hot PS4)

It's pretty easy to believe ps3 active use is higher based solely on overall hardware reliability and Bluray functionality.

It's pretty easy to believe ps3 active use is higher based solely on overall hardware reliability and Bluray functionality.

No its not easy to believe. There's higher reports of optical drive failure for Sony PS3, what with optics getting out of alignment and bluray laser failures. I dont know if anyone can honestly say Ps3 has higher reliability.

IHS probably had no idea what they are talking about unless somebody can prove otherwise. They are the common report people cite for PS3>360, but there's never any evidence shown behind that report. If somebody can prove the data, please do.

It might be different if IHS had said "using NPD/GFK/Media Create data, we conclude" or something, but they didn't. There's literally no mention how they concluded that. It probably was a guess IMO.

I guess we wont know but pretty much most data I know of certainly suggests X360 won by a nose (including that PS3 died off a lot quicker, due to the hot PS4)

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about lol.

You seem to be confusing IDC with IHS. Two completely different companies.

IHS (previously screen digest) do have access to that data from GfK etc... and accurately track install base figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back