Gears of War 4 [XO, XPA]

Clukos

Bloodborne 2 when?
Veteran
Supporter
I was searching for a gears 4 thread to post this and nothing came up (only a closed thread) so i'll post this one.

Game Informer is covering Gears 4 this month :yep2:

Previous footage

IS it officially Gears of War 4 now? They had named it Gears 4 earlier, which was weird.

This means we will have a good chunk of gameplay at E3 this year, I guess.

IS it officially Gears of War 4 now? They had named it Gears 4 earlier, which was weird.

Seems to be that way
cover-610.jpg

Multiculturalism: The Game (like every other game these days :p) Checkbox all those races and genders!

Obviously near the top of my most anticipated list.

Game Informer needs to have an easy way to one off digital issues. You know I just might pay 1.99 or something to look at this article, but I cant (that I know of, correct me if I'm wrong). So i'll have to find it some other way and not pay them...

I mean, I actually BUY mp3's sometimes these days in my old age cause it's easy and cheap.

True true.

Saw the scans...my jaw dropped...WOW...loaded with color too...red! There's red/orange/sunset tinted levels!

One of the most "next-gen" games I've seen going by the screens.

I'm hyped through the roof now.

Last edited:
That one VActress had really carved out a career for herself. She is in every triple A game so far. From halos to UC. She's here again for Gears and I'm sure much more.
Game looks good, I actually forgot how good it looked.

That one VActress had really carved out a career for herself. She is in every triple A game so far. From halos to UC. She's here again for Gears and I'm sure much more.
Game looks good, I actually forgot how good it looked.

Laura Bailey, she actually had a character modeled after her in Infamous First Light. She's really talented so i don't see a problem, she's like a female Troy Baker :yep2:

Wonder how they're handling a trio in the campaign for co-op purposes.

Gonna have to re-read the Gears EU material. I don't recall if they explicitly say that Anya was "barren" (infertile) as a reason for her not taking part in the breeding program (she skipped it). Either the story writer retconned the fertility issue or... perhaps her superiors (in-universe) pulled some strings because of her status (conjecture).

On a side note in the novels, it was mentioned that Dizzy had twin daughters - they were mid-teens by the end of the trilogy. Would be kinda neat to have them appear aside from old Marcus et al.

They should have Clayton somehow die during conception or birth of next-gen Carmine. Maybe even have a daughter to break the curse. Call her... Clayra Carmen Carmine. There's still a 4th brother somewhere anyway.

1080p30 SP 1080p60 MP

Take note 343i, is it really that hard to make a basic, simple, common sense decision like this? Everybody happy, game looks better, no debates.

In that interview (and they say in mag interview too) they are definitely going after more color as a thing. And it's not super saturated, overdone, or cartoony color it's still understated and still fits well in the Gears universe.

That said, I still find it funny as a I say about Gears, Mortal Kombat, and some other franchises, it doesn't matter when they are making Gears 100 in 2150, they will still be talking about "we're going back to our roots and being more like Part 1!). Heh, just never changes. Because they are saying the same thing for Gears 4.

Take note 343i, is it really that hard to make a basic, simple, common sense decision like this? Everybody happy, game looks better, no debates.

Not everybody. I know I won't be getting this due to the 30 fps for SP.

I'm a huge Gears fan, but I just do not do 30 FPS games anymore. Playing at 30 FPS in any sort of action game is just so horrible once you get used to the responsiveness of 60 FPS. I used to tolerate it, but not anymore. I just can't stand it anymore.

Regards,
SB

1080/30 for SP yes please! Might end up to be one of the best looking game that way. Gears is one game that should always retain its graphic prowess at least for the single player, going 60 with huge sacrifices would just tear down the its core appeal.

I'm pretty hyped for gears 4 myself.
From what I have read at Game informer there are all new enemies called the swarm. Weather will change as you progress through levels and the wind will affect gun play. Sounds pretty interesting along with a new close cover melee system.

I could be wrong but I dont think I've seen a shooter where the weather affects gunplay.

Buy it and only play multiplayer? ;)

If you limit yourself to 60 FPS games might as well stay away from consoles entirely I guess?

Yup, that's one of the reasons I rarely ever game on console anymore. Also the main reason I haven't been tempted to get a PS4 despite there being some interesting games on there. Love Bloodborne, hate the 30 fps graphics (ugh) and controls on it. Just like the Dark Souls games. 30 fps on console felt and looked horrible. 60 fps on PC made them infinitely better to control and watch.

I still have the XBO from when Kinect and TV integration was a thing. But I rarely turn it on for games anymore. I'll still pick up a game for it here and there if it's 60 fps and something I'm interested in. Unfortunately, it's pretty rare for that to happen.

One of my hopes if Microsoft does start to iterate more often on Xbox releases with upgraded hardware is that games in the future will have an option to unlock a 60 fps mode on newer versions of the console. That might get me more interested in console games again. But with 30 fps still dominating consoles, it's mostly a dead platform to me now. 30 fps graphics are just crap if there's a lot of motion (like most action games).

Regards,
SB

Back