Fable Legends. And its natural lighting.

It would be awesome if they made a Fable 3 that actually finished the second half of the game.

Would you recommend a play of it? I haven't opened it yet, but would hate to waste my time on it.
I played Fable 1 and 2, but would consider myself more of a casual fan.

Would you recommend a play of it? I haven't opened it yet, but would hate to waste my time on it.
I played Fable 1 and 2, but would consider myself more of a casual fan.

I actually enjoyed it up to a point, and then Peter Molyneux syndrome kicked in. There is a point where you become king, and have to rule the realm. Great concept. You're supposed to be preparing for the arrival of some villain. You have a limited number of days to prepare. So the game advances a number of days every time you make a decision. I don't remember exactly how many decisions you get to make, but it's not a lot, and then suddenly the days just fly by and the villain is there and you have this weird closing battle that pretty much feels completely unfinished and the game just ends. They had 75% of a great game and then 25% unfinished mess. If you're really into Fable, I'd play it, because what's there is great. If you're really casual ... probably a pass.

Thanks, I'll pass unless the urge really hits me. Too many games to play finish/play. Also, this weekend is dedicated to watching the EVO streams.

You know, one of the great things about Fable Legends, that I can say because it's not under NDA, is that Peter Molyneux is no longer involved. The Fable games were great, but that guys jumped the shark and the fact that he's no longer there reduces my skepticism about another Fable game immensely.

No comment. You skipped the best one.
Every Fable game I played, I disliked. I never knew which was the point of it. A woman fell in love with me after pressing buttons repeteadly, belching laughing, farting, dancing and crap like that. And that's not how it works.

I enjoyed Fable II the most. They're OK if a little disappointing considering the pre-release hype which I guess any game would have trouble living up to.

Every Fable game I played, I disliked. I never knew which was the point of it. A woman fell in love with me after pressing buttons repeteadly, belching laughing, farting, dancing and crap like that. And that's not how it works.

Your life must be miserable.

Your life must be miserable.
: ) My miserable 2 cents on it, if there is no suffering, it's no love. If you suffer for someone, you usually love that person.

But in Fable I felt silly having to press different buttons to achieve a relationship repeatedly, on and on and on and on.... Always the same poses and gestures, they could make it a bit more varied, I think.

Last edited:
I don't think any of them are available on Xbox One. Not sure which, if any, work in backwards compatibility.

Actually none of the Fable games are currently backward compatible on the XB1. I suspect that will change for launch though. But if you have a 360 you can still buy the original Fable here for $10. It was one of the few digital Xbox Originals they re-released on the 360. I believe it's supported via original Xbox backward compatibility on the 360. However, I would think the Anniversary version would have been better.

Tommy McClain

Fable 2 was my favorite game of last gen. I'd love to have a remake of it.

Fable 3 was as Scott described. Coming from Fable 2, i was a bit let down.

How is Fable 1? and is the the PC version visually upgraded?

Fable 2 was my favorite game of last gen. I'd love to have a remake of it.

Fable 3 was as Scott described. Coming from Fable 2, i was a bit let down.

How is Fable 1? and is the the PC version visually upgraded?

Fable 1 is great even today. I thought it was much better than 2, if i had to rank them it would be like this 1>2>3 but love all three. Really sad about these news :no:

Fable 1 has the best soundtrack out of the trilogy as well

Fable 1 was pretty good. Fable 2 was pretty bad (traded it in after 5 boring hours) and 3 was supposed to be worse. The Legends beta was cringe worthy levels of bad.

While MS has lost a staple of the Xbox ecosystem, at least they now have two Forza games!

Fable is a bit like Far Cry in the it's an archetype. I agree with you on the games though, I really enjoyed the original and really didn't click with the second and skipped the third. I'd like to see a new Fable game but not from Mr Molyneux.

Fable is a bit like Far Cry in the it's an archetype. I agree with you on the games though, I really enjoyed the original and really didn't click with the second and skipped the third. I'd like to see a new Fable game but not from Mr Molyneux.

It's called fable journey and it's boring. Then far legends get canceled now

I'm curious how exactly could you tell? Their twitter seemed to give no indication of it.

I don't mean Lionhead getting shut down. I could just tell the game was going through development trouble and I was worried about it being scrapped.

Back