Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion Archive [2016 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get all that, it just bothers ME not knowing the lowest possible dips. And all DF can do is count a few random spots, not many, or the work gets out of hand.
Is the lowest res hard coded or could it just keep dropping? It's nice to have numbers, but as others say, sometimes you just have to accept the unknowns. Dynamic res is 1080p or lower.

You can never know the absolute lowest the frame rate will drop to either.(especially if the game tears or if you count using a long trailing average).

Looks like Tantalus (Straight Right) has done a good job with the Zelda Twilight Princess HD remaster. Digital Foundry only had one area where the framerate did stutter, chalking it up to fog (alpha transparencies), and suspect that they are hitting memory bandwidth limitations. The frame buffers is a full 1080p, and there is post processing anti aliasing. Sounds like the new textures are very nice, a true eyesore in the original version. I am very much looking forward to playing this again, and this time my 1080p LCD tv wont add insult to injury, like it did when playing on my Wii.

Yeah, great game and great ports. The only bad thing is that MS won't allow cross play between platforms.

To add to the list, DC Universe recently added cross-play support with PC, and upcoming games Boundless and Paragon will also support it.

Last edited:
Yeah, great game and great ports. The only bad thing is that MS won't allow cross play between platforms.
MS allows Crossplay with PC. There is nothing that could stop you of supporting this. It is up to the developer to make this happen. But almost nobody does it. It was possible on xbox 360, too.
It is a bit harder for the developer but they can do it.

Hm... not that I know any better, but wasn't it Square Enix saying MS isn't allowing them to do it, thus FFXIV isn't comming to XOne?

Digital Foundry: Performance Analysis: Far Cry Primal
Rock Solid

On the whole Far Cry Primal is a solid release on both machines. PS4 and Xbox One deliver highly playable experiences with very little in the way of technical shortcomings that distract from the familiar action on offer. If you've spent time with Far Cry 4, you'll pretty much know what to expect here, and while the scope of the gameplay may lack surprises, the execution can't really be faulted.

Rock Solid

On the whole Far Cry Primal is a solid release on both machines. PS4 and Xbox One deliver highly playable experiences with very little in the way of technical shortcomings that distract from the familiar action on offer. If you've spent time with Far Cry 4, you'll pretty much know what to expect here, and while the scope of the gameplay may lack surprises, the execution can't really be faulted.

Well it is the stone age :mrgreen:
Still not much of a fan of HRAA, imagine how crisp this game would look without the slightly artificially sharpened and temporal ghosting if it already looks this crisp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back