Tom Clancy's The Division [PS4, XO]

We only got to experience the most basic of the game play though. We only got to try a very limited portion of the skill set (pulse, heal, sticky bomb and shield) and only one modification related to skills. We didn't even get any exposure to perks and talents. Skills are manually activated while talents seems to activate based on in game action and perks are passive and active as long as they are equipped. And we have no ideal how builds at later levels will affect game play. Some players may favor high dps while others may favor health or tech. I noticed some of the gear with the best modifiers also came with some of the worse. Tremendously boosting one stats while negatively affecting the others which may mean heavy focus in any one area may require being disadvantaged in the others.

butt the basic gameplay is already clunky :(

heck, doing simple thing like throwing grenade is clunky.

essential and basic thing like aiming is also clunky.
- You need to get out of aiming mode to make the auto aim works again.
- the aiming itself is laggy
- you cant damage enemy in neighboring zone despite you can see their 3D model and aim to their head

- you cant damage enemy in neighboring zone despite you can see their 3D model and aim to their head

I'm not saying its faultless. But its a tps where clunkiness seems to reign supreme. Funky mechanics seem way more common in the tps genre. Its not like GTA's popularity is derived from its stellar gun play controls.

- The auto aiming is light, not like this total fucking shit like in Destiny TTK (How Bungie can made this?!?), so you have a more direct aim. I'm hating auto aim!!! :D
- Aiming is not lagging… is a "normal" time to aim to the shoulder… and direct firing is effective and quick for stopping rusher.
- ??? you're speaking when they're in cover? Don't have see this. But maybe the cover-box is littler over the cover, need to check.

Grenade, the tuto is not well explain:
For choosing the type, hold left D-pad and choose with R-Stick, hold off left D-pad to validate.
For use quick push left D-pad to arm grenade, choose distance and location with stick and throwing with R2.

- The auto aiming is light, not like this total fucking shit like in Destiny TTK (How Bungie can made this?!?), so you have a more direct aim. I'm hating auto aim!!! :D
- Aiming is not lagging… is a "normal" time to aim to the shoulder… and direct firing is effective and quick for stopping rusher.
- ??? you're speaking when they're in cover? Don't have see this. But maybe the cover-box is littler over the cover, need to check.

Grenade, the tuto is not well explain:
For choosing the type, hold left D-pad and choose with R-Stick, hold off left D-pad to validate.
For use quick push left D-pad to arm grenade, choose distance and location with stick and throwing with R2.

the aiming is laggy but not as laggy as GTA V. try compare it with destiny. they are the same 30 fps. but much laggy-er in The Division.

Maybe their "process graphic post process whatever" threads add too many additional lag (like many games when SSAO was activated vs no SSAO)? or its their animation thats lagging (like killzone)?

---

about auto aim, its actually much more active/sticky in The Division than destiny when you do aim-in/aim-out. But if you just keep aiming, the auto aim almost nonexistent.

---

im not speaking about eney in cover. i speak about

[zone A]--------------------[Zone B]
[me]------[Enemy1]---[Enemy2]

i can shoot Enemy 1 because he is still inbetween zones
but Enemy 2 is too close to the neighboring zone, so he become invincible despite its 3d model still displayed in my screen.

this "transition" between zone 1 and 2 is too large, or ubi simply too late in making the enemy 3d model dissapear.

i suspect its the graphics draw distance is too far and not in-line with network draw distance. so the graphics system says Enemy 2 is still visible. but from the network perspective, he is outside zone. damage not registered to him.

---

i know how to use grenade, its just clunky and slow.

I'm not saying its faultless. But its a tps where clunkiness seems to reign supreme. Funky mechanics seem way more common in the tps genre. Its not like GTA's popularity is derived from its stellar gun play controls.

GTA is super clunky in the aiming and even worse in the lag. best to keep using the snappy auto aim :D

but the auto aim in The Division is only snappy when you aim-in/aim-out :(

the auto aim in The Division is only snappy when you aim-in/aim-out :(
The problem is you can kill every enemy taking cover and repeating this secuence: L2,R2, small burst, release L2...and again.
So, we have two problems:
1-they allow aiming while in cover, that makes it arcadey.
2-they allow auto aim while in cover, that makes it not even arcadey but auto-pilot.

They should take a pair of clues from TLOU for managing cover (and crouching by the way).

To all the above sum the fact that gunfire procedural destruction is way nerfed regarding the E3 2013 revealing and it converts gunplay in this game in a little dull. I would say even Watch Dogs had better gunplay (although, as with The Division, far away from their initial E3 showing).

P.S: Gunplay in the E3 2013 was the more realistic gunplay i had ever seen in a TPS. A pity it was all canned.

Last edited:
division_glasselud1.gif

One thing I noticed, and I see lots of other games get criticized for this, is there was lots of random buildings on the street but guess what...you cant walk into and explore any of them...

I dunno, less and less hyped for this. Datto says it's even much less single player friendly than Destiny. If you go into Dark Zone solo you are dead. We'll see, but that seems a step in the wrong direction.

That's a shame cus I dont know what to look forward too now, Quantum Break?

Here's datto's vid, he's usually fairly sensible

Depends on the matchmaking. When you pitted with Japanese, alone in DZ seems fine. But when I got Arabs and western players, alone is hard.

BTW what is the rogue in Japanese the division? They keep talking about Nora but I'm confused.

Nora is rogue, or Nora is the npc enemy I'm DZ?

One thing I noticed, and I see lots of other games get criticized for this, is there was lots of random buildings on the street but guess what...you cant walk into and explore any of them...

I dunno, less and less hyped for this. Datto says it's even much less single player friendly than Destiny. If you go into Dark Zone solo you are dead. We'll see, but that seems a step in the wrong direction.

That's a shame cus I dont know what to look forward too now, Quantum Break?

Here's datto's vid, he's usually fairly sensible

Why the heck there is more and more you tubers rambling with unrelated video?

He's talking destiny is like this, you can like this like that. But the video on screen is the division.

What the...

Why they didn't include the apt video for the sentences they spoke?

Apparently we weren't the only ones to notice (and complain) about the high input lag of The Division. This is a video about the high input lag of The division on PS4.

The guy compares the input lag of Destiny VS The division with the exact same console + TV and the comparison is not good for the Ubisoft game. Aiming and shooting have both high input lag much higher than in Destiny. Basically we get Assassin's creed input lag in an online shooter.

From what I can tell both are similar but Warframe has a pay to win problem, very grindy, and mainly, worse gameplay (also does it have the equivalent of raids? Destiny's tour de force). What turned me off was the bland brown brown brown brown green gray graphics.

I guess Division has an open Beta Feb 16 now?

I'm kind of wondering what exactly I'm going to do in the Division. And the thing with Destiny is Crucible...whenever you are bored you just default to crucible, it's like the glue of the game. Division wont have that. Which I guess is unfair, because for a long time I didn't touch Destiny PVP.

I'm honestly questioning if Division can be that Destiny replacement for me after the alpha/beta though. The gameplay just doesn't seem nearly as addicting.

Also, it doesn't seem solo friendly which I was hoping for. Report are Dark Zone solo isn't really viable. That's disappointing to me.

Also, how are people evidently getting the top guns and gear in the game already in a 3 day beta? people loaded with golds/purples (the equivalent of legendaries/exotics I guess). That's...weird, unless I'm missing something.

I have yet to try the division. I'm going to give it a shot when the open beta hits.

As far as the comparison of destiny to warframe goes I see why people think they are similar. I've really tried to get into warframe, but I can't seem to want to play it regularly. In warframe the grind is so slow compared to destiny if you dont buy platinum. Finding all the materials to make guns from blue prints is extremely time consuming and frustrating. Then you have to wait 24 hrs to craft each gun.

Sure there is a wider variety if you include all weapon types and warframes but time spent in destiny is much more rewarding loot wise and gameplay wise. I also dislike warframe's heavy dependence on procedural generation.

Wow that's terrible input lag. But I guess people are playing ok with it? But damn....

Noooo, I'm not OK with it. And now it's proven I'm not delusional :D

BTW destiny is kind of an anomaly in 30 fos world. It's lag is super responsive and consistent.

Heck, it's even more responsive than dynamic 60 fps games. <-- have not checked frame by frame, only by feeling.

Why the heck there is more and more you tubers rambling with unrelated video?

He's talking destiny is like this, you can like this like that. But the video on screen is the division.

What the...

Why they didn't include the apt video for the sentences they spoke?

Huh? Did you watch? He's talking about The Division, sometimes vs Destiny other times not...but about the Division...

But yeah in general people on youtube will put all kinds of commentary over gameplay of whatever games, just because you dont want to look at a black screen while you essentially listen to a solo podcast.

Huh? Did you watch? He's talking about The Division, sometimes vs Destiny other times not...but about the Division...

But yeah in general people on youtube will put all kinds of commentary over gameplay of whatever games, just because you dont want to look at a black screen while you essentially listen to a solo podcast.

Then he should put appropriate video footage. Instead of rambling with random gameplay footage.

That video about input lag is good. He properly used the medium (video). Instead of rambling with unrelated footage

Ps4 also got nice screenshot. But you need to see it in small size to make it look good. It looks horrid in full screen 1080p

Back