The Division

D

Deleted member 11852

The PC specifications have been revealed - courtesy of Eurogamer:

Minimum Configuration
  • Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.
  • RAM: 6GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better - See supported List*.
  • Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.
  • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
  • Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256 kbps upstream, or faster.
Recommended Configuration
  • Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better - See supported List*
  • Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.
  • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
  • Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.
  • *Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release: GeForce GTX500 series: GeForce GTX560 (2 GB VRAM) or better • GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX660 or better • GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX760 or better • GeForce GTX900 Titan series: GeForce GTX960 or better
  • *Supported AMD cards at time of release: Radeon HD7000 series: Radeon HD7770 (2 GB VRAM) or better • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R7 270 or better • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better.

I am weak, I pre-ordered it. Maybe I'll check out the beta

It's fixed now and the beta is decrypting. I got a key to add in Uplay so it seems I can test the beta tonight after work.

It's like a 3rd person cover-based Destiny. I like it so far, but I need to play it more.

I bought the PC version and not the PS4. I am really enjoying it. I am also glad that they changed a few things from the beta mainly the accidental shooting of a fellow gamer which in the beta would turn you into Rogue. Now it takes a few more shots before changing you to Rogue.

Don't think you can go into the Dark Zone as you might've in the beta, it's a lot harder now. But you do seem to upgrade a lot quicker. Really enjoying the game.

Direct-X12-Panel-Slides-62.jpg

I'm assuming these are the "NVIDIA Hybrid Frustum Traced Shadows" within the game.

Did they explain how they mix real and fake shadows and shades?

They cleverly combine those and it works really well in gameplay.

I like the shadow quality a lot. HFTS is the best method I have seen in realtime so far. Every game need contact hardening etc. Otherwise it looks implausible and cheap with the time. That bothers me extremely in Star Wars Battlefront. Crysis 2 DX11 already had softshadows with penumbra.

Good feeling, great graphics, average gameplay... means average game. I'd go as far as mediocre, the UI is abysmal and the mechanics are not quite tight enough.
It's reminescent of Guild Wars (public hub, coop play, instanced games), but has none of its appeal (albeit better graphics). [Obviously they are in very different settings.]

{Just makes me wish there was a successor to Guild Wars. [Not GW2 isn't, it's a totally different game.]}

Those who did not like the main game could possible like the Battle Royale DLC:

This one gives the player a totally different experience.

Besides that the game has changed a lot since the last two patches. DX12 is now also supported. Dont have tested it yet. The Integrated benchmark is in my opinion not meaningful for real gameplay. I read it performces better on NVIDIA than in other games.

The Division – Play it for Free This Weekend on PC
http://blog.ubi.com/division-play-free-weekend-pc/

Main game and season pass received a discount. The Division costs less than 20 USD and the season pass also costs around 20 USD.

Last edited:
So it takes you to this page with the link to download it on UPlay, which prompts for an activation code..... uh what?

Wow what a gorgeous game and runs very well. Only on High of course with my 970 to maintain 60fps but the detail is fantastic. Nothing new of course as it's not exactly a new game and screenshots show it very well. Just great to see it personally finally.

Back