Problems with quoted offsite articles including formatting

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
I'm seeing quite a few copy/paste quotes from websites that include text formating resulting in dark text which is unreadable in the Dark theme. Is there anything that can be done about that in the forum? Do we need a new sticky notice?

The text box also seems to have issues displaying copy/pasted text unless I hit the wrench button. Not sure if it's just a Dark theme issue.

Basically, if I copy part of a quote to use later, then I paste it, it is invisible until hitting the BB Code Editor - I've ended up with a wall of pasted text as a result of trying to paste it into existence. :p
The text box also seems to have issues displaying copy/pasted text unless I hit the wrench button. Not sure if it's just a Dark theme issue.

Basically, if I copy part of a quote to use later, then I paste it, it is invisible until hitting the BB Code Editor - I've ended up with a wall of pasted text as a result of trying to paste it into existence. :p

I'm not sure how easy it is to clear the formatting on paste, so it loses the dark font colour that makes things unreadable. As for pasted text not showing up, I'll take a look.

Screen Shot.png
Manux's post appears an empty box and I wouldn't have known it wasn't a bug if not for the yellow hyperlinks. This problem is new to me from maybe some months ago. Perhaps it's a change in how browsers copy/paste content? However, it's a problem that's growing and needs some solution. Maybe that solution is removing the Dark Theme because the internet assumes dark text on a light ground and trying to be different causes these sorts of issues? Or maybe users of the Dark Theme are to be trusted to select quotes to make them readable in a way ordinary users would struggle with? It's not even possible to advanced-edit the quotes to remove styling from what I've seen, and I've resorted to copy/pasting into Notepad and copying that back as plain text to paste into the forum.

Isn't there anyway to do a paste that doesn't inherit the formatting of the copied text? I now in some applications and web forms if you a right click paste there an option for formatted and unformatted. Not sure how viable that is here. Or just have some kind of default to unformatted or uncolored text.

Regards,
SB

I'll work out a fix in the next couple of weeks, just haven't had the time yet.

Basically, if I copy part of a quote to use later, then I paste it, it is invisible until hitting the BB Code Editor - I've ended up with a wall of pasted text as a result of trying to paste it into existence.
yes I've had that multiple times, also yesterday after I posted some text (that contained capital letters) I could not change my typed text from CAPITAL to non CAPITAL letters afterwards, tried everything (perhaps a select text and then click on reset formatting button would be the secret for this and other errors)
another error, is copying and pasting within a reply doesnt work

Back