State of Decay ~ 81K

Bloodborne ~ 754K
MLB ~ 626K
Order 1886 ~ 357K
Until Dawn ~ 330K
Uncharted collection ~ 259K
GOW3R ~ 162K
Tearaway Unfolded ~ 24K

Now what remains unknown are exact sales numbers of bundles. :)

Last edited:
Interesting proportions. Greater sales of BLOPS on XB1, in contrast to install base, while other titles stronger on PS4. We see here an actual difference in user interests in my mind - those more interested in shooters (BLOPS, SWBF) are/were more likely to buy an XB1.

Well, those two games were bundled with PS4 which sold very well, and those numbers are not included here.

Yes, these show the total for XBO and the PS4 total minus bundles so I guess it's still a bit interesting because PS4 had a bigger installed base anyway (although at the time the gap was fairly minimal in % terms)

ROTTR ~ 345K

So that means between hardware bundles and digital sales, ROTTR sold another 655K units since we have the info that its sold at least 1 million units.

So that means between hardware bundles and digital sales, ROTTR sold another 655K units since we have the info that its sold at least 1 million units.

The number above is for Xbox One only.

Including Xbox 360 unit sales (66k), bundle unit sales and full game digital downloads the total is much higher in the USA.

1 million units sold is easily achievable when you factor in sales from outside the US.

(Off the record, I can easily see it having sold more than 500k in the US inc 360+bundles+ digital. If you add in UK and France sales then it's fairly clear that the total is >1m)

Halo 5 around 1.7 million not counting digital. Not huge but still packs a punch.

It reminds me I saw a gaffer wondering if the days of huge 1st party franchises are over since Halo was pretty much the last one (No I dont think Uncharted sells up there with the big boys).

MLB sold almost as much as Bloodborne despite 1/1000000000000 the hype...

ROTTR didn't really take off. Really none of the 1st party list Sony/MS did gangbuster. And MS's best lineup ever basically underperformed.

Retail is less and less of the full picture. It's just hard to say how much is lackluster sales and how much digital would help if we had that info. Guesstimating 20% isn't really good enough although it's the best we can do.

Oh right, i keep forgetting NPD is US only and the other numbers have is WW. Thanks ZHuge!

Halo 5 around 1.7 million not counting digital. Not huge but still packs a punch.

It reminds me I saw a gaffer wondering if the days of huge 1st party franchises are over since Halo was pretty much the last one (No I dont think Uncharted sells up there with the big boys).

Yep, considering everything and all I do find 1.7 millions in retail very very good particularly for a targeted MP experience. I still think Microsoft should properly split the Halo franchise from now on. Considering how polished and liked the MP now is, it can now live from its own.

MLB sold almost as much as Bloodborne despite 1/1000000000000 the hype...
Yes but MLB is the only decent baseball sport game available in US. So I was told. I am still surprised how well those traditional sport games do in US. NFL is the second most sold game behind COD, NBA is fifth. Bloodborne is in fact the only exclusive game on the list that did better than expected.

And surprised about those 2 millions FIFA sales. FIFA selling better than Batman AK in US? I didn't know soccer was so liked in US.

You only need see the penetration of 'soccer' in mainstream US media over the years to know it's no longer the fringe game it used to be. Plenty of films and TV programmes allude to the beautiful game. The reasons it's the most popular sport in the world aren't at odds with US culture, and the chief benefit - a need only for a ball and no other equipment or umpires etc. - means it can be played by anyone pretty much anywhere. The only concession to be made is to accept they'll keep naming it wrong because they foolish gave the name 'football' to a game where you carry and throw the ball and are as likely to change that as accept metrication. :rolleyes: :p

You only need see the penetration of 'soccer' in mainstream US media over the years to know it's no longer the fringe game it used to be. Plenty of films and TV programmes allude to the beautiful game. The reasons it's the most popular sport in the world aren't at odds with US culture, and the chief benefit - a need only for a ball and no other equipment or umpires etc. - means it can be played by anyone pretty much anywhere. The only concession to be made is to accept they'll keep naming it wrong because they foolish gave the name 'football' to a game where you carry and throw the ball and are as likely to change that as accept metrication. :rolleyes: :p

Here in the United States Football is by far the biggest sport to watch. Soccer on the other hand probably has more people actually participating in it. Most adults no longer play Football, but there are plenty of adult indoor soccer leagues around here.

Going OT, but anyone here play all the sports games on console and be able to comment on their value as games? I'd have thought FIFA is far better as an action coop game than NFL or MLB. NFL is all stop-start and MLB...is that even same machine coop? How's that possible in batting?! NBA (and, what's that silly one @Scott_Arm likes? The boxing-ice skating mashup...NHL or sommat) is similar to FIFA in offering high-tempo multiplayer sports action where everyone can join in and engage in teamwork or direct rivalry. As a computer game I can definitely see the appeal of FIFA over the official sports of the US. But then as I don't 'get' the other games, perhaps there's an amazing team experience in running for five seconds and then stopping for ten minutes to set up player movements and tactics and scribble in a virtual playbook, and there's good reason these sports still dominate as video games beyond cultural indoctrination?

I want EA to bring back NHL Hitz. It was amazing having a team with a devil, a horsehead, a sharkhead, a cowhead, and a knight.

Satan Jr.
H. Cock
J. Awes
T. Bone
Galahad

The fights were epic.

@Shifty Geezer - I'm guessing people just plie to play the sorts they like to watch. I find FIFA a joke, essentially each year people pay for the teams to be updated and minor tweaks to gameplay. PES is by far a better game but sells very poorly...my kids insist on playing FIFA because of this, it's the team names, kits and league names alone (which can be edited) - all the players names (and likenesses) in PES are correct.

Here in the United States Football is by far the biggest sport to watch. Soccer on the other hand probably has more people actually participating in it. Most adults no longer play Football, but there are plenty of adult indoor soccer leagues around here.
Dont call football something that is more like rugby with armor, protein shakes and steroids!

Back