Digitalwanderer

I fucked up by posting on Facebook about her visit and that somehow pissed her off so she cancelled. Well, she didn't cancel so much as just show up and dump off some food and leave.

I've stopped torturing myself about it, nothing to be done. I even took a pain med, although I might start weaning myself off them as the pain is starting to get manageable.

I went to my cardiologist yesterday and she was just stunned at how well I was doing! :D She gave me permission to ride in cars, (not drive though), and get as much walking exercise in as I want/can...she's even letting me skip cardio rehab! She said it'd be too lightweight for me already, so that I should just do it myself. :)

I still got a few weeks of healing before I can do anything with my arms/upper body, but my health seems to be very incredibly good. I'm still a tad anemic, but that's getting better and is just gonna take a bit of time to rebuild.

Just a quick update, everything is going as super well as could be possibly hoped for on my recovery so far. Much thanks again for the concerns/loves!

I went to my cardiologist yesterday and she was just stunned at how well I was doing! :D She gave me permission to ride in cars, (not drive though), and get as much walking exercise in as I want/can...she's even letting me skip cardio rehab! She said it'd be too lightweight for me already, so that I should just do it myself. :)

digs.jpg

Don't know if I should be overjoyed or pissed, but I've been bugging my Doc since Monday about running out of pain pills. I had an appt scheduled for Tues, but they rescheduled it for a week later...leaving me a week without painkillers. I made it to Weds with what I had, but have been out since. Called 'em everyday, no word. Called today, the receptionist tells me she talked to the Doc about it and he wrote me a new script Tues that has been sitting on her desk since, just no one told me about it. :s

I've given up on the thought of being angry or glad about it, I just can't wait to get the pills so it quits feeling like my chest is on bloody fire! :)

No, you forgot the "sudo" part. :p

Quick update. Yesterday was the last day of pain pills for me, and I ain't feeling too bad without 'em. Sure it hurts a bit, but it's very manageable and it's my warning about how far I can push myself. I've been putting in 20 minutes a day on my elliptical trainer thingy doing cardio (I keep my pulse over 100, so weird!) and I was cleared to drive as of Wednesday and got my car fixed up and back yesterday, so I'm sort of like a normal human being again. :D

My gross incisions are turning in to non-gross scars, and there really is a hell of a lot less pain than just a few days ago. I'm still not able to work out my upper body or lift more than 8lbs with my arms for another 2-1/2 weeks, but that's not so bad and I can still do a lot.

Just a happy update, thanks for all the kind thoughts. :)

No, you forgot the "sudo" part. :p

Quick update. Yesterday was the last day of pain pills for me, and I ain't feeling too bad without 'em. Sure it hurts a bit, but it's very manageable and it's my warning about how far I can push myself. I've been putting in 20 minutes a day on my elliptical trainer thingy doing cardio (I keep my pulse over 100, so weird!) and I was cleared to drive as of Wednesday and got my car fixed up and back yesterday, so I'm sort of like a normal human being again. :D

My gross incisions are turning in to non-gross scars, and there really is a hell of a lot less pain than just a few days ago. I'm still not able to work out my upper body or lift more than 8lbs with my arms for another 2-1/2 weeks, but that's not so bad and I can still do a lot.

Just a happy update, thanks for all the kind thoughts. :)

I was hoping you'd say no, so I could reply with "sudo make me a sandwich". You've ruined everything.

Congrats on the great recovery, though!

Nah, dealing with family stuff. I'm doing pretty great, although I have a tendency to push myself too much for a few days and then hurt the next one. :LOL:

I'll do an update soon. I've been running around, cleaning house, cooking, and doing all my other stay-at-home dad things for the last few weeks and it's been hard to get back up to speed. I'm still not back up to speed, but I am getting there with a quickness. :)

Oh, and my wife bought a Jeep. :|

Back