Official Mod Support in Console Games?

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
I havent seen much on this, but it seems to be the start of something with recent games on consoles claiming to support MODs. Fallout 4 supports mods (on xbox one only?). Doom support mods.

Any other games officially support mods?

What capabilities do these two mod systems support?

The brief description for Doom doesnt seem all that flexible. It almost seems more like basic game Mutators, similar to the Gears of War bighead, comet, etc. Is it more powerful than that?

Has there been any released mods for Fallout 4 console? If so, what functionality changes or enhancements do they bring?

Note: posting from tapatalk so couldnt easily search for existing threads. Move to any appropriate existing thread.

UT3 on PS3 supported mods. Iirc up to full conversions.

Mods were constructed on PC, there was apparently a button you could hit in UE which converted the mod to PS3.

After some game updates and enhancements, mods could be directly downloaded to ps3 (before it needed usb stick with special folder structure).

UT3 is still king wrt mod support on consoles imo.

I havent seen much on this, but it seems to be the start of something with recent games on consoles claiming to support MODs. Fallout 4 supports mods (on xbox one only?).
Fallout 4 mods are coming to PC then Xbox One then PS4 but I'm not holding no breath for a free open mod scene on either console :nope:

Back