Mad Max [PS4, XBO]

From what I've seen of the game's missing the awesome colour grade of Fury Road. That does seem like a bit of a shame.

Just to be sure, Mad Max is about a cop in a corrupt world with bikers and stuff, Mad Max 2 is with the oil refinery and Mad Max 3 is Thunderdom with Tina Turner.
I have not seen the new Mad Max Fury Road, so I don't know where it stands (is it a reboot ?).

Just to be sure, Mad Max is about a cop in a corrupt world with bikers and stuff, Mad Max 2 is with the oil refinery and Mad Max 3 is Thunderdom with Tina Turner.
I have not seen the new Mad Max Fury Road, so I don't know where it stands (is it a reboot ?).
It's not a reboot. Similar to Road Warrior in that it's not a direct sequel but the events of the prior films can be viewed as stories told by someone else about the character. Don't worry about it too much. It's a great action film. :)

From what I've seen of the game's missing the awesome colour grade of Fury Road. That does seem like a bit of a shame.
Well, nighttime is close enough (blueish..) and daytime has been slightly tweaked in the last builds of the game to closely match the movie compared to earlier builds.

Hm. Are there any other open world games you haven't played yet? As far as I'm concerned, MM is yet another open world game that feels designed by committee. There are a few idiosyncracies here and there (gasoline limitations for the car, water consumption is mandatory, painfully slow animations when eating food) which suggest to me that Avalanche had a more survival-oriented and edgy game in mind at some point, But if anything those only add to the tedium and not the immersion.

I only played for maybe 3 hours mind you, but what a dull 3 hours they were.

Last edited:
I bought the game half price and been trying it now for 2h or so.

It just doesn't click with me. All gameplay features seem in place and I like the characters and crazy setting. But I guess I have open world fatigue...

Just completed this after a month and a half of playing (120+ hours all-in). I loved this game. Awesome wheeled bases destruction coupled with Batman style melee action. The story is a little light, but the anciliaries were fun enough for me - though you don't need to do all of them to to level up enough to help you in the main story line. Theme of the world meshes perfectly with the latest movie and probably one of the best movie-tie-in titles I've played.

Well worth picking it up on future sales, IMO.

I'm pretty excited about this. Just to play in a Mad Max-esque world will be quite exciting. Even if the gameplay is subpar, I think the immersion aspect of the game will be good

Back