ReCore [XO, XPA] (from Keiji Inafune and creators of Metroid Prime)

http://news.xbox.com/2016/01/04/greatest-games-extends-to-2016/

Recore is now TBA 2016.

I think maybe it will be delayed in 2017. The game enter full production after E3 2015

"We started around 14 months ago," Armature game director Mark Pacini told Polygon. "And we're just going into full production right now. We've done a demo internally. So we're at that point where we can start making the game for real."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/8823747/recore-trailer-story-behind-scenes-interview-inafune

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/thomas-keene/17/887/8b2

* Trained engineers, artists, and designers in the use of the Unity 3D engine for the content pipeline of a video game for the XBox One and PC.

Armature Studios is not a big studio and it seems they will use Unity for Recore. It is more a AA. Maybe 16 to 17 months in production will be enough for this title. I don't expect it will be release before fall 2016...

Sounds like a smaller digital title. There is no gameplay of this yet right?
This is also my thinking, mainly due to the choice of Unity. No real gameplay shown yet. We won't likely see anything until E3 if they are delayed.

Nice, I will definitely pick this up for PC at some point. If the gameplay looks like something I'd like it may end up being sooner than later. The story, concept and graphics all looks great.

Recore is now getting a simultaneous release for Xbox One and Windows 10.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-exclusive-recore-also-set-for-pc-release/1100-6433514/

Pretty much case in point. Any first party game developed for the XB1 after Spencer took over and led the mandate to unify PC & XB will be for both systems.

And I'm all for it. There's no reason I have an HTPC, an XB1 and a 360 under my TV in the living room when a single box is technically able to do all of it, the only thing holding it back is software and all three devices are running software from the same source (MS).

Pretty much case in point. Any first party game developed for the XB1 after Spencer took over and led the mandate to unify PC & XB will be for both systems.

And I'm all for it. There's no reason I have an HTPC, an XB1 and a 360 under my TV in the living room when a single box is technically able to do all of it, the only thing holding it back is software and all three devices are running software from the same source (MS).

Say what? There are several titles that have released and will release that are still exclusive to the Xbox one at least at launch since he has taken over. Halo 5, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Forza 6, Forza horizon 2 and possibly crackdown.

Sure there are several titles that are getting a release on both Win10 and Xbox one, but there is no evidence that Ms are completely abandoning Console exclusives.

So sure more titles are having simultaneous releases, but your reaching quite a bit in your conclusion that exclusives are done.

Quantum Break will eventually be on PC. Remedy have yet to make a game that hasn't appeared on PC AFAIK.

Upcoming Halo Wars 2 will come to PC even though Halo Wars never did. Scalebound is likely to come to PC. I think I even heard a rumor of Crackdown coming to PC.

The only exclusives that I haven't heard anything in relation to PC is Halo (FPS series) and Forza.

Even one of their former exclusives, Shadow Complex, has gotten a PC release and are getting a release at a later date to XBO and PS4. Appears that Microsoft have released Epic from any contractual obligations to keep it on the Xbox platform.

Regards,
SB

Quantum Break will eventually be on PC. Remedy have yet to make a game that hasn't appeared on PC AFAIK.

Upcoming Halo Wars 2 will come to PC even though Halo Wars never did. Scalebound is likely to come to PC. I think I even heard a rumor of Crackdown coming to PC.

The only exclusives that I haven't heard anything in relation to PC is Halo (FPS series) and Forza.

Even one of their former exclusives, Shadow Complex, has gotten a PC release and are getting a release at a later date to XBO and PS4. Appears that Microsoft have released Epic from any contractual obligations to keep it on the Xbox platform.

Regards,
SB

Eventually releasing on Win10 and simultaneously releasing on both are 2 completely different things. Exclusives made by 3rd party studios commonly release on multiple platforms at a latter date. It is nothing out of the ordinary for any console.

Microsoft is in the unique position of having 2 platforms to support with games.
It is going to be much more common for 1st party titles to release for both console and PC at the same time. Its a good thing for Ms and the consumer, but they clearly have not abandoned the Idea of console exclusivity. Whether it be timed or permanent.

This whole thing has gotten very off topic, but Ms or Phil Spencer have never released a statement stating all 1st party titles will appear simultaneously on Windows and Xbox. Even E3 2015 focused pretty heavily on Xbox One exclusives.

Eventually releasing on Win10 and simultaneously releasing on both are 2 completely different things. Exclusives made by 3rd party studios commonly release on multiple platforms at a latter date. It is nothing out of the ordinary for any console.

Microsoft is in the unique position of having 2 platforms to support with games.
It is going to be much more common for 1st party titles to release for both console and PC at the same time. Its a good thing for Ms and the consumer, but they clearly have not abandoned the Idea of console exclusivity. Whether it be timed or permanent.

This whole thing has gotten very off topic, but Ms or Phil Spencer have never released a statement stating all 1st party titles will appear simultaneously on Windows and Xbox. Even E3 2015 focused pretty heavily on Xbox One exclusives.
I think @RancidLunchmeat is kinda right. I was averse to the idea, like you, not much time ago, but I realised that that should be the focus after thinking it over. Consoles..., I loved them for many years, although believe it or not I started off as a PC gamer, being Windows 95 my first OS (first console was Xbox but I played other consoles too before, although they weren't mine), but a console isn't a necessity to play the best games these days nor with the highest quality. The golden era of PS3, X360 is gone. The PS4 keeps up pace, and that's okay, there will be some exclusives ranging from jrpgs and so on for it, but anywyas...

I am enjoying the games I have on GoG and Steam and so on, mostly games with nice gameplay and okay graphics (my laptop has a Intel HD3000 GPU so you can't expect much), more than the "infinite" games I have on my Xbox (X360 and One) collection, save a few gems like Wolfenstein, Clash of Heroes of Might and Magic, etc etc.

This change of mind is because I see that I have everything I need in my technological life and studies and son on, on a single device, and I can comfortably switch from one thing to another in a matter of seconds. Configuring a PC is algo easy these days.

I think Bill Gates' premonitory dream of merging the Xbox consoles with Windows is starting to become a reality, and hopefully, the next Xbox is going to be a beefed up Surface Pro 4 with native gamepad built in, along with mouse and keyboard. :)

I think @RancidLunchmeat is kinda right. I was averse to the idea, like you, not much time ago, but I realised that that should be the focus after thinking it over. Consoles..., I loved them for many years, although believe it or not I started off as a PC gamer, being Windows 95 my first OS (first console was Xbox but I played other consoles too before, although they weren't mine), but a console isn't a necessity to play the best games these days nor with the highest quality. The golden era of PS3, X360 is gone. The PS4 keeps up pace, and that's okay, there will be some exclusives ranging from jrpgs and so on for it, but anywyas...

I am enjoying the games I have on GoG and Steam and so on, mostly games with nice gameplay and okay graphics (my laptop has a Intel HD3000 GPU so you can't expect much), more than the "infinite" games I have on my Xbox (X360 and One) collection, save a few gems like Wolfenstein, Clash of Heroes of Might and Magic, etc etc.

This change of mind is because I see that I have everything I need in my technological life and studies and son on, on a single device, and I can comfortably switch from one thing to another in a matter of seconds. Configuring a PC is algo easy these days.

I think Bill Gates' premonitory dream of merging the Xbox consoles with Windows is starting to become a reality, and hopefully, the next Xbox is going to be a beefed up Surface Pro 4 with native gamepad built in, along with mouse and keyboard. :)
I'm not against simultaneous releases at all. I could care less as long as the title is available on a platform I own.

The point of my posts is that Recore launching on Windows as well as Xbox one is not a declaration of the end of console exclusive titles. In fact the whole discussion is completely off topic of the thread. If Ms is going that route its fine, but they haven't announced any such thing. In fact they continue to announce games as Xbox one exclusives. The whole point of creating and selling a console is to sell software. There are first party titles that are always released on both platforms like fable. There are also 1st party IPs that have never seen release on PC like Forza.
I believe that Ms will continue to keep franchises like Forza and Halo console exclusive as long as they still make consoles. Sure Halo 1 & 2 saw PC release years after there launch, but where are Halo 3, 4 or even ODST or Reach?

I'm not against simultaneous releases at all. I could care less as long as the title is available on a platform I own.

The point of my posts is that Recore launching on Windows as well as Xbox one is not a declaration of the end of console exclusive titles. In fact the whole discussion is completely off topic of the thread. If Ms is going that route its fine, but they haven't announced any such thing. In fact they continue to announce games as Xbox one exclusives. The whole point of creating and selling a console is to sell software. There are first party titles that are always released on both platforms like fable. There are also 1st party IPs that have never seen release on PC like Forza.
I believe that Ms will continue to keep franchises like Forza and Halo console exclusive as long as they still make consoles. Sure Halo 1 & 2 saw PC release years after there launch, but where are Halo 3, 4 or even ODST or Reach?
I don't think that anyone really expects lately that MS's 3rd party exclusives would be exclusive forever. Does the fact that someone else might get the game lessen our enjoyment with it? Hopefully not!

There is Microsoft Studios, and as long as they keep building from that, there are potentially great exclusives on a specific environment -not device though-.

As you say, as long as they keep making consoles..which I think they are going to make for a long ime, just not in a traditional way. I think MS in the console business is the odd one out, and it's the hardware but essentially it's mostly about the software you have for it, and with an actual Windows integration things should be easier and more unified.

Have my eye on this one. It isn't a full price game. $40 USD. If the reviews are decent, I'll pick it up. Don't have any interesting platformers right now.

Crh47yBUEAA-64j.jpg

I love it, I want it, I need it, I don't have the money to buy it.

I picked up this game the day before launch, mostly using a MFT of BingRewards points.

I like the game, story, characters and sidekicks so far. At its core, the game is a dungeon crawler hack and slash platformer. You need to collect prismatic cores which are more than normal cores that normal monster robots have to unlock more dungeons to collect more prismatic cores. I saw one area dungeon requires 75 prismatic cores to unlock. I would say this game mechanic is similar to Diablo III in that it fits in the rinse and repeat category.

This overview is based on my completion up to Pylon 512, the first large dungeon. Other dungeons may be slightly different, but I think they'll be similar.

You start off with a basic rifle and 1 sidekick. As you collect prismatic cores to power up various locations on the world map you encounter spare parts and blueprints that you can craft to make upgraded items for your sidekicks. You also collect different colors of energy that can be used to level up your sidekicks. The prismatic cores are located in various parts of the world but tend to be inside of dungeons. You may also find rifle attachments which provide different means of using your rifle, mostly altering the damage style to best match the attacking robot monsters.

The dungeons have some areas where jumping and dashing are required to move on to the next area and some areas where you're in a mini-mob battle. When you're done chasing down the side areas to unlock whats needed to pass into the final area, you will have a main boss fight that will summon minor mobs as well. The only way of killing bosses is to extract their core. To do that you will have to weaken it to a point where the shields and defenses are down low enough to perform an extraction. The extraction is performed by using lock-on (left trigger) and pressing right stick button (extract tool which is a grappling hook cable), then you'll be in a tug of war over the core. You dont want to just pull back the entire time as that may break your grappling cable, so you struggle a but getting it right to pull out the core.

I think the game is worth the $40 asking price, however those who tire of the rinse and repeat mechanics might not agree.

Thanks for that write-up. If i get it, I'm probably going digital since it is a xbox play anywhere title.
GAF impressions are good at least for the early part of the game.

I'm definitely keeping on eye on it.

I picked up this game the day before launch, mostly using a MFT of BingRewards points.

I like the game, story, characters and sidekicks so far. At its core, the game is a dungeon crawler hack and slash platformer. You need to collect prismatic cores which are more than normal cores that normal monster robots have to unlock more dungeons to collect more prismatic cores. I saw one area dungeon requires 75 prismatic cores to unlock. I would say this game mechanic is similar to Diablo III in that it fits in the rinse and repeat category.

This overview is based on my completion up to Pylon 512, the first large dungeon. Other dungeons may be slightly different, but I think they'll be similar.

You start off with a basic rifle and 1 sidekick. As you collect prismatic cores to power up various locations on the world map you encounter spare parts and blueprints that you can craft to make upgraded items for your sidekicks. You also collect different colors of energy that can be used to level up your sidekicks. The prismatic cores are located in various parts of the world but tend to be inside of dungeons. You may also find rifle attachments which provide different means of using your rifle, mostly altering the damage style to best match the attacking robot monsters.

The dungeons have some areas where jumping and dashing are required to move on to the next area and some areas where you're in a mini-mob battle. When you're done chasing down the side areas to unlock whats needed to pass into the final area, you will have a main boss fight that will summon minor mobs as well. The only way of killing bosses is to extract their core. To do that you will have to weaken it to a point where the shields and defenses are down low enough to perform an extraction. The extraction is performed by using lock-on (left trigger) and pressing right stick button (extract tool which is a grappling hook cable), then you'll be in a tug of war over the core. You dont want to just pull back the entire time as that may break your grappling cable, so you struggle a but getting it right to pull out the core.

I think the game is worth the $40 asking price, however those who tire of the rinse and repeat mechanics might not agree.
I'll keep an eye on this one. Great review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm too careful with my money now to take a chance on it, even at $40. Trying to save money, and just generally be more responsible with money. If it goes down to $20, I might take a chance on it. Right now, reading a bunch of reviews, seems risky.

Back