The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Ha! I was literally coming in to talk about Mr Robot. Saw the first three or four episodes and it's intriguing enough to go on but at the same time not exactly amazing.

I'm watching the first episode of Man in the high castle which has a great and weird premise. We'll see...

The Expanse wow! Nice work SyFy, looks like a real winner. Gives me a Total Recall meets Babylon 5 feel.

Fargo 2nd season :oops: :yep2: Incredible stuff! Each episode is a surreal experience unto itself and just adore the casting and characters.

Marathoned Steven Universe over the last two weeks with my friend(most of it over the last six days). It's so damn good.

Cartoons in the U.S. don't usually pay such careful attention to detail and character development. It's one of the very few that do so.

Right, so, The Man In The High Castle. Nine and three quarter episodes of half decent drama. Followed by 15 minutes of WTF.

It's decent but I feel they didn't get the most out of it. It gave me a bioshock vibe right away but imo some of the acting and scripting could be improved. The Nazi's are very well acted though.

Watching Gotham now. Enjoying it very much and much better than I expected. I'm not really into superhero movies and series but I do like xmen and batman. You do need to know the batman movies and games (or comic I suppose) otherwise most of the characters don't make much sense as their background isn't that well explained but the whole series does feel exactly like the movies and games. Seems they had plenty of budget as well as the sets look great.

This certainly is much better than agents of shield which is decent but nothing more than that.

If you're at least a casual fan of Sherlock, watch this year's special episode as soon as you can. You know, the one that takes place in the original Victorian setting.

1. It's really good and clever and funny, well acted (Cumberbatch is, no surprise, just as good as XIX. century Sherlock), and also beautiful to look at.
I'd say it's on the level of the memorable Buffy specials (the silent one and the musical one).

2. You have to see it unspoiled, and I expect the internet will be full of spoilers within a few days, or possibly within a few hours. So, do whatever it takes to see it ASAP :)

Well, I've finally finished watching Jessica Jones. Quite enjoyed it (despite the rather bleak setting) and the villain was an excellent concept but overall thought the story was stretched out far too long.
Reminded me of the movie Dead Calm, oddly enough, where dozens of chances to easily kill the bad guy are spurned by the main character just to keep the whole thing ticking over a bit longer. The show would have been markedly superior if it had been trimmed down by a few episodes.Also thought it was a bit clunky the way they set up some new villains for a second series, though I suppose this is always the case in this type of show.

Overall, quite enjoyable. May well give Daredevil a try next (though we've also begun to watch series 1 of Fargo which is very entertaining).

I watched the pilot for Billions (starring Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti) and it was riveting. I will be watching when it starts January 17.

I am also watching Making a Murderer, a 10 part documentary about Steven Avery. It is very good but it is also the worst thing I've ever seen. The story is insane and I am glued. At this moment I am watching episode 4. Go watch it on Netflix asap.

Making a Murderer - holy crap! I'm halfway through and probably it's shocking because it's actually true, but damn! You can't make this shit up.

If you're at least a casual fan of Sherlock, watch this year's special episode as soon as you can. You know, the one that takes place in the original Victorian setting.

1. It's really good and clever and funny, well acted (Cumberbatch is, no surprise, just as good as XIX. century Sherlock), and also beautiful to look at.
I'd say it's on the level of the memorable Buffy specials (the silent one and the musical one).

2. You have to see it unspoiled, and I expect the internet will be full of spoilers within a few days, or possibly within a few hours. So, do whatever it takes to see it ASAP :)
It was a bit hard to follow and unfortunately I was also doing something else at the time which made it harder. I'll see if I can catch a replay of it to give it a fair watch.

It was a bit hard to follow and unfortunately I was also doing something else at the time which made it harder. I'll see if I can catch a replay of it to give it a fair watch.

It was bloody rubbish, if you ask me! Trying to be too clever by half (as so often) and so ended up as incoherent nonsense setting up the next series. (I assume).

Watching Jessica Jones, but sometimes it is so goddam stupid!!

In the police station, why didn't she just punch Kilgrave in the face?

Watching Jessica Jones, but sometimes it is so goddam stupid!!

In the police station, why didn't she just punch Kilgrave in the face?

I think the implication there was that if she had attacked Kilgrave, all the Cops had been instructed to kill each other. Most of her actions were aimed at stopping others getting injured. The problem was that there were many opportunities in later episodes to kill Kilgrave but she, erm, didn't. Just to keep the show rolling on.

Back