Digitalwanderer

Here's a brief footage of digitalwanderer leaving the hospital right after surgery:

His new alias should be "Chev Chelios" as he gets even better after heart surgeries and can't be stopped.

Seriously though, congrats on your quick recovery and improvement. I wish you perfect health from now on.

No arguing today guys, today I just want to sit home in front of Bubbles and enjoy the heck out of being out of the hospital! :D

I'm home, I'm well, and I am f-ing wiped from just the day...but I feel good and tomorrow will be an even better day. I plan to follow the hell out of all my docs instructions, don't worry!

Today though I'm gonna rest, probably lots of that tomorrow too come to think of it. ;)

Waking up to real coffee in my own home after a fantastic night's sleep? HEAVEN!!!

Feeling great, hanging easy. Thanks for all the kindness, things are going very well. :)

digiathome-jpg.1074

Attachments

• digiathome.jpg
    digiathome.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 214
good to hear its going well, stay active man thats the key to maintaining health I believe (that and eating right, but thats a lot harder to do)

Thanks! Things are steadily improving here. I can shower and dress myself, although I can't cook yet or do laundry or vacuum or steam clean or take out garbage or ride in a car...

Funny story about that last bit. True story, just happened.

I'm technically considered "home bound" by both my cardiologist and my surgeon because neither of them with a car with any kind of seatbelt across my chest. These newer cars, (including all ours), have those fancy seatbelts that tighten sometimes when you brake quickly and that would apparently be a very bad thing for me. So the only other option is no seatbelt, which I'm not real wild about either so I've agreed to their terms. I can only ride in the car for needed doctors appts and they assigned me a home nurse to check in on my bi-weekly. Met her the other day, she was nice. She said she'd be back today to get a blood draw.

Wake up to a message from her saying that after giving her report the insurance company determined that I was way to capable to be considered home bound and I'd need to take a 10 mile trip to the hospital to get my blood draw. I explained nicely to her that both my doctors had both pretty much expressly forbid that and if she really wanted me to do it I'd be fine with it so long as her company gave me a written statement telling me they were forcing me to go against doctors orders to comply with their policies.

She laughed and said she'd get it all taken care of, and she'd call me this afternoon for when she'd be over for my blood draw. :)

From a brits point of view that's incredibly scary
From an american point of view it pissed me off! If they wanted me to go against doctor's orders that was fine, but I wanted them to put it in writing first. I heard from them this weekend, the nurse comes Monday to draw my blood sample.

Back