• Other / None of the Above

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Globalisateur

Globby
Legend
Veteran
Supporter
I think 2015 was a great year for gaming. I have shamelessly stolen the 10 first games from Eurogamer's readers top 50 games.

If your game is not in the list, feel free to tell us in your post along with the reasons you picked this particular game.

My GOTY 2015 is Bloodborne. This game is for me the reason why I play videogames: to be fully immersed, surprised and compelled to play. I thought it would be The Witcher 3 at first, but that was before I played Bloodborne.

Bloodborne. I would vote both BB and Witcher 3 if i could. Best games of 2015 for me, but Bloodborne comes out on top because i enjoyed the gameplay more. Both games also have the best DLC I've played this year as well, both The Old Hunters and Hearts of Stone are amazing.

So after really having started Witcher 3 at the trail end of 2015, my vote goes to W3. Not really much to compete with, I play mainly competitive MP games in which I'm unsure qualify for these types of awards. But having said that, I'm super addicted to playing W3 now that I finally get it, and it's got some deep hooks, and at the same time it's a type of game you feel you could play for a long time.

there's just so much content, but at the same time it's got this cinematic appeal about it that usually only bioware gets down right, but the world and the quests, writing, and VO is just so much better than what Bioware can produce; I'm very happy I purchased this title.

Looking forward to the expansions as well as playing this game throughout 2016. This game pretty much wins my SP award of the year.

Last edited:
I've missed quite a few of the big releases the last year, but from what I played it's definitely Bloodborne for me.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy it either.

(Rock Band 4 is #2 even if it's not as good as 3)

Fallout 4 narrowly beats The Witcher 3 for me.

2015 was a good year for gamers. :yes:

This was a great year for games. Something for everyone, and devs took great advantage from nextgen hardware.

1. Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
2. Bloodborne
3. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
4. Project CARS
5. Batman: Arkham Knight
6. Life is Strange
7. Uncharted Collection
8. Rocket League
9. Ori and the Blind Forrest
10. Wolfenstein The Old Blood

It's Witcher 3 for me. I've played computer games since the early 80's and roleplaying games since the mid 80's and it's rare that you see that genre pushed forward and archive something that I thought was impossible. Before Witcher 3 I always used to argue - Well, Bethesda and Bioware just can't create enough meaningful content, storylines or character interaction for these massive open world games. Then small Polish studio creates open world masterpiece that raises bar so high that I don't know if old guard developers can match it. Somedays I still can't belive CDProjectRed managed to do that. Not only that, game itself goes to top of my all time offline cRPGs list, past Fallout 2, Mask of the Betrayer, Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate 2. I'll tip my imaginary fedora for all the developers who worked to create this game.

Yes, indeed, The witcher 3 raised the bar so high for open world RPG it's going to be very hard for the others to even match it. So much high quality content in this game...it's impressive.

Didn't see it on the list, but having really only played a couple of games this year, I'd go with Halo 5.
Diablo 3 would've been my vote, but I believe it was released the year before.

Witcher 3 was a better Skyrim. Big boring world with poor combat. It had a much better story and characters, but not interesting enough to keep me playing. I'd rather have a Dragon's Dogma type game with great game play and a worse story. Game play is king.

No Destiny TTK on the list...must be some mistake.

I didn't really play anything else, although in the best of times I dont exactly gobble down lots of games.

I played literally like an hour or so each of Halo 5 and Gears UE that I remember...

Yeah, so many of the games I'd consider are not on the list.

I had to change the last game to be Other / None of the Above just to be able to capture a vote.

Yeah, so many of the games I'd consider are not on the list.

I had to change the last game to be Other / None of the Above just to be able to capture a vote.
If I could I would add 40 more games on the list.

No Destiny TTK on the list...must be some mistake.

I didn't really play anything else, although in the best of times I dont exactly gobble down lots of games.

I played literally like an hour or so each of Halo 5 and Gears UE that I remember...

No luck, Destiny was 11th on Eurogamer's list...

There are many equally good games last year...it was fantastic.

I still vote for Bloodborne, as this game opened the Soul series for me again. After having played Demon Souls...I was more annoyed than entertained, but I didn't understand the game to be honest.

Fighting through BB and understanding the concept of these games...I can't wait for Dark Souls 3 now!

I voted for MGS V. It may not be perfect but it is a game with a soul. It is still a masterpiece that goes beyond the common belief of what games are. It is the only series that treats the player as a thinking person, someone with intellectual concerns, concerns about world politics etc. Whereas such things in other games serve as a means to make a game, in MGSV they co-exist. Just like in movies there are movies that do nothing but entertain and movies that are made with meanings and messages.
MGSV is the 1984 of videogames. It is no coincidence that it has references to George Orwell's novel.
Also as an 80's kid it brings back memories of the time deliberately. It was dedicated to people who have lived those magnificent times.

Back