News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamerscore: 4595
Unlocked Achievements: 327 and in the Top%
Only in the Top 5% for Gamerscore :(
Hours on Xbox Live: 3880 hours/Top 1% :)
Most played Game was Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
Surprising only 38 hours on Halo 5. Maybe not considering it hasn't been out that long.

Unreal Engine 11 preview 1 adds "Fast Semantics for Xbox One" ... Wut the ... Maybe some real performance improvements coming for UE games on Xbox One then.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?94321

Edit:
Really weird. Fast semantics became part of the Xbox One SDK in May 2014, and Unreal Engine is only implementing it in preview now. Probably a January/Feb 2016 release.

Edit:
For those that don't remember, Fast Semantics was basically a bunch of DX12 type features: Command Lists, Draw Bundles, Deferred Contexts and maybe some more. It was all part of offering a lower-level implementation of DX on Xbox One.

Last edited:
Some really nice sale prices going on for Xbox One in the digital store. Witcher 3 is 50% off! Arkham Knight has a nice price cut, as well as Rise of the Tomb Raider, State of Decay, GTA, Destiny Taken King, Forza 6, Halo 5, Just Cause 3 and a bunch of other stuff.

http://majornelson.com/2015/12/21/t...-xbox-stores-countdown-the-biggest-sale-ever/

Some really cool stuff there, but I was able to get some of those cheaper during Black Friday. I got Forza 6 for $40, DBZ Xenoverse for $20 and Arkham Knight for $20. I'm tempted to go for Tomb Raider and Transformers Devastation although I like getting physical copies of games....decisions!?!

Does anyone know how to make it so the XB1 does not turn off every time I switch HDMI inputs? I've turned of HDMI-CEC in my TV, but its going through a receiver. Its the only device I have every seen that does this.

Does anyone know how to make it so the XB1 does not turn off every time I switch HDMI inputs? I've turned of HDMI-CEC in my TV, but its going through a receiver. Its the only device I have every seen that does this.

Wow, I never experience that at all with my Denon AVR X3000 and my Xbox One. I suspect you need to fix a setting in your avr/receiver.

Wow, I never experience that at all with my Denon AVR X3000 and my Xbox One. I suspect you need to fix a setting in your avr/receiver.

I've never seen that happen to me either and my Nvidia Shield TV automatically switches HDMI inputs when I turn it on from the one I have set for my X1..

I usually don't turn off my X1 (I should) because it automatically shuts of my TV and Cable Box via IR blast on Kinect.

A little late but...1654 hours on live in 2015. Almost all Destiny I assume.

It says my "friends" (almost all randoms from Destiny I dont actually know or play with) averaged 2550 hours...wow. Maybe a lot of TV in there?

My Gamescore was 665, and I was top 5% in hours and top 25% in gamerscore .

Still, 1654 hours is an average of 4.5 hours per day, every single day...that's a LOT given work, sleep etc.

I'm sure TDP is a big part of the factor and perhaps cost is not as much? It's clear that both companies are _well_ aware of the technologies and power that is available well in advance, but both of these machines do incredibly well for the low wattage machines that they are.
Exactly. For something so "weak, underpowered.." then how do you explain the high power draw from these next gen consoles? Even in the Xbox one case, I see users (sometimes even from reasonably knowledgeable respectful users) often pass around that the gpu is garbage. So I did some quick looking for myself and was convinced that the gpu is actually very impressive and will make for a good gaming PC much like that of the 750 Ti. Remember, these are suppose to be consoles.

And, for the record, this console (speaking from the Xbox One pov) jump is absolutely massive. I remember seeing the Xbox 360 on display at Circuit City and having my jaw dropped constantly at Peter Jackson's King Kong, Kameo and Call of Duty 2, but with the Xbox One it crushes the Xbox to Xbox 360 jump. My recommendation for users, is to get off Youtube and treat yourself to a nice TV display and check out these games like Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Assassin's Creed Unity ect. in person.

Oh, and wireless controllers with headphones passing through high quality audio is straight magic, it's bonkers!

In my own personal case the Xbox One can use over a 150 watts, in one example, Halo 5 Guardians.

Also, I never said the 750 ti was high end rather it will make for a good gaming PC.

In my own personal case the Xbox One can use over a 150 watts, in one example, Halo 5 Guardians.

Also, I never said the 750 ti was high end rather it will make for a good gaming PC.
thats still extremely low power.

150 watts?? Hard to build a powerful gaming PC that can do 1080p/60 for a high fidelity game at that wattage for cheap. Not even sure it can be done. You'd have to find a low powered CPU and a Low powered GPU bundle it in a mATX form factor to further he savings etc. Hmmm. I should price one out for shits and giggles but it's not easy to find a high end PSU that tops out at 250W.

That being said the main advantage for console has been low level access APIs as well as consistent and dedicated hardware that can be fully leveraged.

When DX12 is in full swing for PC games consoles will essentially be effectively left in the dust.

Remember, these are consoles.. There is nothing "extremely low power" about a console using over a 150 watts, and who knows what the case is of how high the power draw can get from workloads.

I also wanted to add that the 750 Ti can process most of the software in a case by case basis with shipped code in retailed games from the year 2013/2014/2015 at 1080p with 30/60 fps targets, hence for my "good gaming PC" comment earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back