Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

Also, B3D, where you at on Halo 5 MP. Game is a BLAST....but better with friends that you know!!!!

I uh... gotta go return some videotapes.

REQ unlocking is strangely addictive and disappointing at the same time. Disappointing only because you cross your fingers for cool unlocks like new armor, helmets, weapon skins, etc only to get lame weapons for Warzone that you already have like a thousand of.
I think it needs a tiny bit more depth. I dunno. The lack of a pure PvE makes it difficult to do stat modifiers because they need to balance that with the PvP aspect.

If they had a PvE mode, they could pretty much do it like Mass Effect 3 MP where you could accumulate identical cards as a means of upgrading (for permanent cards). For Halo vehicles, they could increase armour, acceleration, damage etc.

Or make it more RPG-ish - weapon experience (more kills with weapon, better accuracy/reload speed etc), but again - can't do that with PvP.

Bleh.

Last edited:
I uh... gotta go return some videotapes.

I think it needs a tiny bit more depth. I dunno. The lack of a pure PvE makes it difficult to do stat modifiers because they need to balance that with the PvP aspect.

If they had a PvE mode, they could pretty much do it like Mass Effect 3 MP where you could accumulate identical cards as a means of upgrading (for permanent cards). For Halo vehicles, they could increase armour, acceleration, damage etc.

Or make it more RPG-ish - weapon experience (more kills with weapon, better accuracy/reload speed etc), but again - can't do that with PvP.

Bleh.

I think more REQs are coming although maybe not in the way you suggested. For the most part, REQ weapon/armor/vehicle modifiers are used in Warzone. It's already my least played of the MP matches, possibly because I'm really bad at it. 343i seem to be very open to feedback, so if enough people ask for it, maybe they'll add it.

The REQs I hunt for are the cosmetic mods to armor, helmet, weapon skin, etc.
Right now, I play mostly BTB. Also, one weird thing with the latest update is that all your rankings have been reset for the new season and you'll have to requalify. Oddly, BTB ranking was removed.

. Also, one weird thing with the latest update is that all your rankings have been reset for the new season and you'll have to requalify. Oddly, BTB ranking was removed.
Thank god :) lol. There are clearly some individuals that are completely out of their zone.

Thank god :) lol. There are clearly some individuals that are completely out of their zone.

True! I think the matches were better though. Now, I seem to get a ton of "kiddies" with little to no idea of how to play the objective games and think every match is just about slaying.

Also, I really wish people had a lot more common sense etiquette when playing on-line. Between the constant annoying whistling, overly loud background punk music or inane personal chatter with the significant other(s). It's a tough choice between trying to communicate/coordinate and just unplugging the mic/headset.

Also, I really wish people had a lot more common sense etiquette when playing on-line. Between the constant annoying whistling, overly loud background punk music or inane personal chatter with the significant other(s). It's a tough choice between trying to communicate/coordinate and just unplugging the mic/headset.
I can explain!

......................no I can't.

Does H5 show who is talking when you pull up the team list? I don't think it does, which sucks because you can't individually mute the asswipe doing all that shit Timberwolf mentioned.

Does H5 show who is talking when you pull up the team list? I don't think it does, which sucks because you can't individually mute the asswipe doing all that shit Timberwolf mentioned.
It should I think yes. As long as the score board is up while they talk

It should I think yes. As long as the score board is up while they talk

It's weird becomes sometimes it does and other times it doesn't. I do check and mute them if I see it, but when it doesn't show, it's very annoying and is a good and easy excuse for my bad play:)

That said, I have caught myself with the mic not muted when I don't want it on. It usually happens at the beginning of a play session though. I could just remove the headset, but then there are those times when you get a group that has great coordination and the game becomes that much more fun....even if you lose.

While I'm on it, the other annoyance is those matches when your team spawns with those goofballs that just stand there doing nothing the whole match. I know they're connected because occasionally they'll move the weapon, but without doing nothing. It's very frustrating because in effect they'll become slayer fodder or put you at another disadvantage in an objective game type.

Last one....343i needs to fix the extremely annoying disadvantage spawn bug in Arena. Nothing sucks more than spawning 3 vs 4 in a CTF or a 1 death Arena match. My team has won a few of those, but has probably lost a ton more.

Sorry for the rants....

It's weird becomes sometimes it does and other times it doesn't. I do check and mute them if I see it, but when it doesn't show, it's very annoying and is a good and easy excuse for my bad play:)

That said, I have caught myself with the mic not muted when I don't want it on. It usually happens at the beginning of a play session though. I could just remove the headset, but then there are those times when you get a group that has great coordination and the game becomes that much more fun....even if you lose.

While I'm on it, the other annoyance is those matches when your team spawns with those goofballs that just stand there doing nothing the whole match. I know they're connected because occasionally they'll move the weapon, but without doing nothing. It's very frustrating because in effect they'll become slayer fodder or put you at another disadvantage in an objective game type.

Last one....343i needs to fix the extremely annoying disadvantage spawn bug in Arena. Nothing sucks more than spawning 3 vs 4 in a CTF or a 1 death Arena match. My team has won a few of those, but has probably lost a ton more.

Sorry for the rants....
It's okay. Lol.
For games where you play 1 or 2 man down your record or rating is impacted significantly less. We've had bad players auto booted by the system. Basically a TKer who would TK if you took their weapon. People who Afk should be booted as well. But I haven't seen it happen yet

I suicided 3 or 4 times in a Team Slayer match and was auto booted with a timeout. I missed a few jumps on a map you could fall off of, so I know the game has logic to look for that type of behavior.

343i just needs to make it easier to mute assholes. The kids that think it's cool to play music through their mic are the ones I can't stand.

Last edited:
It's okay. Lol.
For games where you play 1 or 2 man down your record or rating is impacted significantly less. We've had bad players auto booted by the system. Basically a TKer who would TK if you took their weapon. People who Afk should be booted as well. But I haven't seen it happen yet

What's a TKer?

I suicided 3 or 4 times in a Team Slayer match and was auto booted with a timeout. I missed a few jumps on a map you could fall off of, so I know the game has logic to look for that type of behavior.

343i just needs to make it easier to mute assholes. The kids that think it's cool to play music through their mic are the ones I can't stand.

I admit to having inadvertently "betraying" teammates in my zeal to get slays. So far, I've been lucky that no on has booted me yet, although I did get yelled at once in a player's first Stronghold match when I was guarding a stronghold with a Ghost. He kept yelling at me to get out their and get kills or to get off the Ghost so he could do it. I kept trying to tell him I was defending our Stronghold and he couldn't get it.

I think there have been a very few that had their Kinect mic on and didn't know it was broadcasting, but I'm sure that they aren't the majority.

Team killer

Thanks! I ran into a few of those as well, but I chalk it up to new players that don't understand objective game play.

I've never been Team Killed for a weapon though and other than a shotgun in Stronghold or DMR/Rocket Launcher in any other BTB match, I don't usually look out for specific weapons.

I'm especially inept with the Sniper rifle even though I did get a very rare Triple kill with it a couple of times. The Spartan laser and Railgun is pretty much useless in my hands so I usually will grab and drop it for a teammate if I can.

Back