Gorgeous RPG Bastion has been confirmed for consoles

To me Summer of Arcade has a kind of lame lineup this year except for Bastion.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks awesome. Glad it's finally coming out. The only game that looks bad is Fruit Ninja for Kinect. From Dust and Toy Soldiers should both be very high quality titles, and the mix of genres across the titles is great.

At the end of Bastion already and I stand by my A+ verdict.

Finally got some time to play and started up Bastion. Absolutely brilliant game. I've put Ms Splosionman on hold until I finish Bastion now.

Next week is From Dust which looks to be really cool also. As I've stated multiple times XBLA has given me as much if not more quality and unique experiences as retail. I'd say, certainly more on the unique front.

Ah you found a thread, my search didn't show it so I mentioned it in the Transistor thread. I never played it beyond the demo.

Ah you found a thread, my search didn't show it so I mentioned it in the Transistor thread. I never played it beyond the demo.
When you put 'bastion' into the search box, tick Search titles only and bingo!

Are you on good terms with the Search Gods? Perhaps offer a sacrifice to Google the Omniscient or Bing the Pansophical?

Bastion really is a great game. I'd be willing to pick it up and replay through it on the Xbox One (not sure if its available for it or not).

It's weird, Bastion and Transistor are two games I just couldn't get into for whatever reason, got bored of both quickly. Go figure.

I've also found them hard to get into. The presentation is really appealing, but somehow the gameplay doesn't click very easily. It's fairly different from what I'm used to. That's also part of the appeal though. They are more interesting than most traditional JRPGs in terms of gameplay, I feel.

I simply didn't like the combat system in Transistor at all. Fairly boring enemy designs too. It's also a game that loves talking yet never really says anything particularly interesting. Whenever I think of Supergiant games, I cannot help but think of the Southpark Episode "Smug Alert". In case you were wondering, that episode primarily revolves around the hip San Francisco residents who love nothing more than the smell of their own farts.

Bought this just before last year's Christmas for the Vita (was like 4 bucks). The experience with it was very similar to the one I had with Transistor: it looked lovely, but I didn't exactly have a lot of fun with it.

I had a lot of fun with Bastion on the ps4. More than Transistor, in a action way, though transistor is more brains than brawn. I am actually looking forward to Bastion on vita now, but after I am done with my initial wave of curiosity about other games !

I like Transistor OST, not played the game, it looks nice though. As for Bastion, I played it twice, I like the music and the narrator, it was a blast !
And I picked the only right ending !
And I've been a nice forgiving guy. :)

Back