Possibly some a Dreamcast revival?

So that means all the old pirate boot discs would still work, but in HD now? Assuming the system remains as is with optical drive.

I would so love this. Over Thanksgiving, my in-laws were talking about doing some Chu Chu Rocket gaming next year. I was planning on breaking out my old DC for this, but if the rumor is true and the update price is right, I may jump in.

I wonder if my old controllers would work with it.

Aren't there plenty of cheap Android boxes that are perfectly capable of emulating the Dreamcast, to which you can connect any bluetooth gamepad like the Dualshock 3 and 4?

Main issue, really, is that current DC emus are a biiiiiiiiiiiiiit crap. the system has less than 400 games and yet there are still games, close to 20 years after it came out, that emus just recently got the ability to boot.

It's fucking madness.

The Marilyn Monroe console had the best graphics I've seen.

(it's clearly very close to Christmas for everyone here)

I think the rumour was debunked. If that was true, then I'd expect it to sell as much as the new Neo Geo pocket console sold a couple of years ago, which wasn't much iirc.

As a Dreamcast owner myself the thing that really holds some titles back is the lack of dual analog sticks on the controller.

If they ever release an updated Dreamcast this would be one of the most important additions.

As a Dreamcast owner myself the thing that really holds some titles back is the lack of dual analog sticks on the controller.

If they ever release an updated Dreamcast this would be one of the most important additions.
Nope, you were using your Dreamcast controller wrong. In the case of right handers, you're suppose to pivot the controller with your left thumb/middle/index fingers acting as the base while pulling in your left wrist which will expose a very wide angle for your right hand to get in on some button action. One of my favorite controllers, especially for fighters.

I'll be in for some South Park: Chef's Luv Shack.

It was a disastrous controller design. The shape and the lack of double analog sticks was perplexing. Especially when the Dual Shock showed how it should be done on older hardware. Not only we lacked one analogue stick it lacked two shoulder buttons on top of that.
To top it the D-pad was also a huge step back from the Saturn's original controller which was very well suited for fighting games.
The triggers and the VMU were nice ideas though.

Sega took the positive feedback for the Nights controller, but it was a very bad idea. The Nights controller was perfect for Nights, and it was better than the Saturn controller only in relative terms. Better it was, considering that it had an analog stick which was not present on the normal controller and it was better for the very few 3D games that supported it but that did not mean it was better for all games (i.e 2D, side scrolling and fighting games) and neither was that an indication that it was a design that was objectively meeting the demands of the consumer in 1999.
They should have looked forward and took notice what the competition was doing and how games were played on competitive controllers when the DC was supposed to be released.

3D shooting games were a disaster on that controller especially FPS

The only thing Dual Shocks shown was how to ruined the texture of your thumbs, which is something I would not had recommended for the single men out there, my advice. Besides it was useless for 3D camera movement with the overlapping of the thumbs, either do it right or give me one analog stick.

Any-who, I loved the Dreamcast controller : )

The only thing Dual Shocks shown was how to ruined the texture of your thumbs, which is something I would not had recommended for the single men out there, my advice. Besides it was useless for 3D camera movement with the overlapping of the thumbs, either do it right or give me one analog stick.

Any-who, I loved the Dreamcast controller : )
Considering you loved the bulky DC controller and your thumbs were overlapping, your hands must look something like this
Jay-and-Silent-Bob-Strike-Back-Cocknocker-9.jpg

Sega WAS targeting single men. Thats why they made sure only the left hand was occupied with one analog stick. And the DC controller was designed by monkeys that didnt know how to make the Dual Shock right. Like....I dont know, placing 2 analog sticks farther apart for humans with deformed hands? Since Sega was run by monkeys, and the rest were run by humans with common sense, apparently they followed up by giving us two analog sticks to this day...probably because it works 1 million times better than one analog stick

Back