The pain of fanboys and their rulers *spawn

I have to say PC fanboys can be just as bad or worse.

For example, there was a thread about a year ago in reddit's pcmasterrace showing how one could build a $400 PC that was superior to consoles in every way. The thing had a GTX 750 Ti 2GB (GM107) and something like a low-end Core i3 or a Pentium.

I tried to explain that at least the PS4 would be technically more powerful, because the iGPU had considerably more compute power, higher fillrate, access to much more RAM at a much higher bandwidth, etc. And all of that would show an even larger gap because of low-level optimizations available for consoles and not DX11/OpenGL at the time.
I made sure to say "sure, you can build a PC that is multiple times faster than any console, but this particular build is not, and you're actually getting more power for the money with the PS4 here".

I was insulted and my comment was downvoted so many times that I lost the right to post in there more than once every hour or something.

I game a lot on PC but I'm frankly I'm often ashamed to associated with the platform because of the "master race" bullshit. The PC can blitz consoles in every technical regard but let's not forget there are people out there gaming on old and/or low end PCs that would struggle to run some games at the graphical fidelity of the Xbox One. And you know what, I have more time for those guys running games on uber low settings who are in it for the game play than whinging bastards complaining about no support for their 120hz monitor driven by multiple GPUs.

Not everybody has (or wants) a "gaming rig". By the way, a "rig" is a truck, what you have is a computer. Calling it a "rig" doesn't make it more manly or extend your penis.

That felt good but all fanboys are awful to listen too. Worse than Arsenal fans.

I have to say PC fanboys can be just as bad or worse.

For example, there was a thread about a year ago in reddit's pcmasterrace showing how one could build a $400 PC that was superior to consoles in every way. The thing had a GTX 750 Ti 2GB (GM107) and something like a low-end Core i3 or a Pentium.

I tried to explain that at least the PS4 would be technically more powerful, because the iGPU had considerably more compute power, higher fillrate, access to much more RAM at a much higher bandwidth, etc. And all of that would show an even larger gap because of low-level optimizations available for consoles and not DX11/OpenGL at the time.
I made sure to say "sure, you can build a PC that is multiple times faster than any console, but this particular build is not, and you're actually getting more power for the money with the PS4 here".

I was insulted and my comment was downvoted so many times that I lost the right to post in there more than once every hour or something.
Oh my PC fanboys.....they are indeed worse. They blame consoles for not getting the most of their PCs, they blame the developers for not getting the most of their PCs, they think developers are lazy bastards and proof are the mods which they think are an easy task to make, they think PCs can emulate all consoles and its Nintendo, MS and Sony to blame for not having perfect emulators because they sue, at any given chance they are showing off their glorious specs to console players who are nothing but peasants who play ugly graphics, a lot of PC fanboys dont even play their games because they treat them as graphical tech demos for showing off, and of course games available on consoles and PCs are not for serious gaming except those made exclusively on PCs. If a game doesnt run above 1080p and above 60fps on highest settings it is crap. Oh.....and.....E-PENIS.

Basically this....

Oh boy do i agree. I play games on PC for almost 20 years, always had a "rig", always tried to build my own, always tinkered with the hardware. PCMR is probably the worst "fan" base, if you can even call them that, out there. This is all too accurate: http://i.imgur.com/7rw1Qwb.gifv

Last edited:
By the way, a "rig" is a truck, what you have is a computer. Calling it a "rig" doesn't make it more manly or extend your penis.

This is not necessarily true. The word "rig" can mean any machinery, device, or equipment that serves a particular purpose. If that person or persons built their computer exclusively around gaming purposes (or any other specific purposes), they can quantify it as a "gaming rig".

Oh my PC fanboys.....they are indeed worse.

I have to disagree. People who make bad buying decisions, and try to convince others that their decision (purchase) is the best, knowing the facts don't lineup - are the worst.

Can I finally unleash my true foolishness power without being banned?

When you want to do this....
clash-of-the-titans-kraken-om-nom.jpg

...and it ends up like this.
225px-Zoidberg_promo_2.jpg

Shortbread said:
I have to disagree. People who make bad buying decisions, and try to convince others that their decision (purchase) is the best, knowing the facts don't lineup - are the worst.
How do you even define bad decision? Neither Xbox, PS or PC is a bad buying decision. All are good decisions based on what the consumer wants. And this is where the PCMasterrace becomes a big ballbuster. Console owners might argue which console is better but you wont see them claim that consoles are more powerful than PCs. At worst they can argue about their exclusives. The PC fanboys will try to convince the console owner that his buying decision is stupid because PCs are better at everything and cheaper even when the console owners dont even bother to argue against PCs

ZX Spectrum >> C64
Atari ST >> Amiga
This is one of those fanboy arguments that's utterly ridiculous - Amiga was better in every way; ST had nothing. Not like Spectrum v C64 where Spectrum was crappy but had charm, games, low cost and street cred. Or DC versus PS2 and the like. ST was just a poor man's Amiga and there was no merit to its existence.

Owned many Amigas. Loved them but the non-Zorro CPU bus was shit and why clock the CPU at 7.14/7.16Mhz? Oh right. One crystal and a shit bus split even and odd cycles. :runaway:

Gotta love that VideoToaster tho! :yes: Spectrums.. don't make laugh. :nope:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamers are wuss, hiding behind the distance of teh internets. When I was 13, a kid at school told me he had an Atari ST, so I gathered my Amiga friends, and we punched him in the face, because he was inferior, and inferior people get beaten in school. We shouted across the cafeteria "All hail Jay Miner! Bow down or suffer the consequences! Blitter and 4096 colors or die!" :yep2:

No.. not really... I was a geek with glasses.

Back