PS4 officially Jail Broken!

3DS is selling like crazy and old stocks still available for a long time after the gateway piracy device was released.

As for ps4, there's also many kinds of old inventories. From the old destiny bundle to non bundle old board PS4.

I never used FreeBSD, but did some googling and found this
A lot of unsubstantiated claims here. BSD jails are not a single solution for OS security but the reason the PS4 hackers are unable to get higher level file system access is because of the BSD jail.

I never used FreeBSD, but did some googling and found this:

...and you believe everything you read, from a random blog, without any technical competence to judge it? GO TO FACEBOOK!

OT for the curious: the only equivalent to jails in Linux is the SELinux implementation, which is harder to properly configure and, being not part of the linux kernel by itself, requires more support.
An additional note on SELinux: if you integrate it in the 'standard way' into the kernel, it is easy to bypass with an exploit that just disables it.

Does this mean that online games of PS4 will be filled with cheaters just like PS3 games? Can Sony do something to prevent cheaters and piracy?

Just curios but is there a method to load an older firmware back onto the PS4? I suppose that would be their next major step.

Just curios but is there a method to load an older firmware back onto the PS4? I suppose that would be their next major step.
There is a method to dupe (software-wise) a PS4 so it should definitly be possible to just reset the firmware to an old state.

Doesn't the PS4 come with that feature built-in for those that want to replace a HDD?

Throw the old firmware on a thumb drive, put the PS4 in safemode and simply choose the "Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)" option.

There is? What is that?
There are those shop (was in it Brasil? ) where they sell cloned PS4s. That was what I was referring to. So at least it should be possible to reset a system if you can clone a console-ID and all its software it has.

Doesn't the PS4 come with that feature built-in for those that want to replace a HDD?

Throw the old firmware on a thumb drive, put the PS4 in safemode and simply choose the "Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)" option.
well, that should do it, too

normally sony system will refuse to recover using older firmware. sony system also never make a backup of their old firmware (while xbox 360 always have backup version).

You can't downgrade the firmware by only reinstalling an HDD, it will require a firmware equal or newer to the last one this PS4 had.

Cloning the HDD is not enough, you also need to flash the Macronix chip on the motherboard (the one besides the south bridge).

The cloned PS4 being sold are all the same UID, and that will obviously be banned from PSN.

You can't downgrade the firmware by only reinstalling an HDD, it will require a firmware equal or newer to the last one this PS4 had.

hmm I did read the article, but as far as I remember, it was not specified if they were able to overwrite that on different firmware versions, or they were overwriting with the same firmware version.

Running Linux and nintendo emulation would be fine and harmless...
But I guess their objective is the master key which is clearly not "for educational purpose only"
I hope Sony has seriously beefed up their security since 1.76

Make it run Windows and it will be awesome.

Windows pc games? Check. Ps4 games? Check.

Heck, Microsoft even still unable to make windows games to run on Windows 10 for Xbox.

Back