News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DieH@rd didn't originally credit Mabru in his NeoGAF post, so when the site got the info there probably wasn't reason to think credit lay elsewhere. For all we know Mabru got the info from someone else so crediting him might not be appropriate either. ;)

I guess it's probably because Gaf is more popular and DieH@rd didn't give credit where it's due :p
DieH@rd didn't originally credit Mabru in his NeoGAF post, so when the site got the info there probably wasn't reason to think credit lay elsewhere. For all we know Mabru got the info from someone else so crediting him might not be appropriate either. ;)

snLplqq.jpg

We should all just thank FMOD for "leaking" stuff

Last edited:
Bah. I created thread quickly, and I've added reference to Mabru late.

Btw, someone should scour the web for the changelogs of other middleware solutions, maybe there are more interesting data hidden there. :)

I guess the internet can spread info so quickly that we need to be a little more comprehensive on first release. Changes can be made quickly too but get oft overlooked.
Btw, someone should scour the web for the changelogs of other middleware solutions, maybe there are more interesting data hidden there. :)
I suppose some people track Patents for giggles. I imagine some bright spark could automate change-log searches to select console specific entries. I'm guessing Mabru came upon it from using FMod.

I do, I track patents for giggles. I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...

The problem with patents is that SCE is patenting a million different weird things that never materialized, all the experiments from their magic lab with some really cool stuff that might not be commercially viable. I think the important patents are not becoming public until the product is out.

Remote play to PC and Mac is fantastic. They should put remote play on as many devices as possible. Android and iOS should be next.

Remote play to PC and Mac is fantastic. They should put remote play on as many devices as possible. Android and iOS should be next.

They should already have the Android version since it's available for Xperia tablet and phone.

I'm wondering if this is a Gaikai implementation, or a different implementation managed by the Gaikai team.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's web based and integrated with PlayStation Now.
I would, PlayStation Now does not appear to host PS4 games. My Bravia has PlayStation Now built in and it can only the same games as I can get on my PS4.

That doesn't really matter. Since both use nearly identical streaming technology on the client end they could use a single portal to connect either to your own PS4 for Remote Play, or to Sony's servers for PS Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back