All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did all the sales at BF crash PSN on Saturday?

Super strategy from Sony: sell all consoles at Friday, and directly show the new customers the quality of their paid online service.

I wonder if we are allowed to use PSN this christmas, or if the many new customers will 'surprise' Sony again and break down PSN?

Games with online connection are a real pain on PS4...BF:SW, Destiny, NfS.

It still baffles me how incompetent Sony is.

Super strategy from Sony: sell all consoles at Friday, and directly show the new customers the quality of their paid online service.

I wonder if we are allowed to use PSN this christmas, or if the many new customers will 'surprise' Sony again and break down PSN?

Games with online connection are a real pain on PS4...BF:SW, Destiny, NfS.

It still baffles me how incompetent Sony is.

Is this really an issue that you're having? I was able to download two PS4 games Friday without any issues and surf PSN as usual. However, I didn't play any MP games though...

leftover___copy_by_pocky4th3win-d9iek1x.jpg

via http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187136310&postcount=330

There were some Kinekt bundles apparently, $379. Most people bought $299 bundles for BF though. (this is what is left over in one of the stores)

If MS can't capture the PR battle win for December's NPD, then yes

IMO, Xbox winning December will mean nothing in a grand scheme of things. Sony will continue to demolish them worldwide.

Anyway, I think PS4 will easily sell more this month in the US.

ex-GAF insider Tidux has said that on BF PS4 had:
  • 2nd largest PS4 console PSN activation rate in its history [behind US launch]
  • biggest number of online players PS4 ever had
  • biggest day for digital PSN sales ever
  • 1+ million PS4 consoles sold in Nov [presumably US only]
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/11...etting-a-few-records-on-black-friday-insider/

I did not notice any PSN issues, but I presume the network was pretty strained.

Last edited:
PSN struggling under the weight of Black Friday
Is it regional? NA fine, other territories no good? I guess regional servers, regional content, all very regional, that can happen.

What ever the reason they need to do a better job with PSN, I've had trouble too often when big titles are released or around holidays, granted that's anecdotal but I think its an issue at times with the service.

Hololens is an independent AR computing platform, it has nothing to do with Xbox One. And additionally it will be very expensive when devs get access to early kits sometime in 2016.

I am thinking that's a promo shot for "The best Xbox lineup in years™" on the back of the GeoW bundle instead of a bundle.

PSN struggling under the weight of Black Friday
Is it regional? NA fine, other territories no good? I guess regional servers, regional content, all very regional, that can happen.

It is really bad imo. At Saturday afternoon, where I had time to play a bit...PSN was down. The store was ok, it was possible to buy stuff (yeah Sony?!?).

But you could not log into your account, hence no online play possible. Lot's of people moaned about this: no Destiny, no BF:SF, no COD. Nice.

Sony needs to drastically improve PSN stability. It is way to often down.

Right now, I cannot recommend buying a PS4 to my friends because of this. I tell them that imo X1 has super shit hardware, but at least MS knows how to do 'teh internez'.

In the UK here and I haven't had any issues with PSN the past couple of days. I downloaded the Rainbow Six beta and have been playing that without issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back