Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
I don't think it's just a straight sharpen filter, as there'd be more ringing and such. It's probably a bit more complex, and IMHO it looks pleasing enough.
Then again, I'd like to see it in motion too :)

I am weak sauce!

A buddy of mine is visiting me this week, he convinced me, we played splitscreen coop the whole evening and it was great fun ( we played through all available splitscreen content this evening...4 maps).

Ok, after playing a little more, also together with my buddy who visited, here my impressions:

- Graphics are good, but nothing special really. I like the blaster impact effect with all the sparkles. And the animation of the thermal imploder is fantastic. The rest is good.

- Sound is great.

- SP content is a joke. Basically, there is no SP. don't count on it. It took my buddy and me maybe 2h at most to complete all coop missions. This is especially sad, as the mode was super fun.

-splitscreen is cool!

- In MP, there are 2 modes that are interesting for me: at-at assault and supremacy, which are nearly the same modes really, just a slight variation.

- As all know, there are only 4 maps each. Furthermore, these maps lack characteristics imo, except maybe Endor with its tree fighting. In about 1h gaming, you have seen everything.

- I somehow like the pickup system. It is exciting what you pick up next.

- Boba Fett is extremely overpowered.

- I like that the other pickups at least don't seem to be overpowered.

- Gunplay is great. The weapons I have so far feel quite different.

- I like the star cards, makes it s bit interesting which ones you choose.

- Match making is super fast, but lacks a browser (or I can't find it).

Overall, the game makes fun, but after 5h or so of playing it is already a bit boring. Maybe jump in for a quick game or so, but no real interest.

In summary, the game to me seems like a Battlefield mod more than a full game. It would be absolutely ok if they'd sell it for 20 Euros as a standalone expansion like e.g. Old Blood for the Wolfenstein game.

I can't recommend this game at full price.

- SP content is a joke. Basically, there is no SP. don't count on it. It took my buddy and me maybe 2h at most to complete all coop missions. This is especially sad, as the mode was super fun.

Overall, the game makes fun, but after 5h or so of playing it is already a bit boring. Maybe jump in for a quick game or so, but no real interest.

Same here. Graphics look nice, sound and music are great. However, the game didn't change my lack of sympathy for multi-player games. Pointless running around, without
any story, in a map/level just doesn't make sense for me.

Well I had a good session last night, I'm about 5hrs in @ level 11 - dragged my abysmol KD of 0.53 up to 0.77 even managed be the best player a few times and at once stage was even carrying my team! :eek:

I'm still loving its simple approach, all I did was play the drop-zone one (or whatever it's called) - the hunt the hero was getting too demoralizing with players who are good at the game using it to uprank.

Fans really take a liking to the weirdest things, For as popular as Boba Fett has become, the most memorable part of his tiny role in the old trilogy was dying the the most pathetic death imaginable.

Fans really take a liking to the weirdest things, For as popular as Boba Fett has become, the most memorable part of his tiny role in the old trilogy was dying the the most pathetic death imaginable.

One word:
- Jetpack

^which he successfully used about one single time before it malfunctioned, and as a result propelled him right into the gaping maw of the the Sarlac Pit. Awesome device!

Doesn't matter. Jetpack.

Joking aside, while the original trilogy did paint Bobba Fett as a not very skillful fighter, he was indeed the only mercenary cunning enough to track the millenium falcon after escaping the empire. And let's not forget he lost to Luke, who is actually one of the most powerful force-sensitive users in the far-away galaxy by episode VI.
Then, the expanded universe in its novels, comics and games painted him as a very intelligent fighter that together with his gadgets could trade blows with a Jedi Jnight.
And then it is revealed that all the Clone Troopers came from Jango Fett, after Darth Sidious supposedly searched for the best fighter in the galaxy, and Boba is the only unaltered clone of Jango.

Doesn't matter. Jetpack.

Joking aside, while the original trilogy did paint Bobba Fett as a not very skillful fighter, he was indeed the only mercenary cunning enough to track the millenium falcon after escaping the empire. And let's not forget he lost to Luke, who is actually one of the most powerful force-sensitive users in the far-away galaxy by episode VI.
Then, the expanded universe in its novels, comics and games painted him as a very intelligent fighter that together with his gadgets could trade blows with a Jedi Jnight.
And then it is revealed that all the Clone Troopers came from Jango Fett, after Darth Sidious supposedly searched for the best fighter in the galaxy, and Boba is the only unaltered clone of Jango.

Spoiler alert! :runaway:

Well anyone who didn't want spoilers from 12-35 year-old movies maybe shouldn't be wandering in a thread about a game that already takes the knowledge of such movies as granted :)

Back