AMD Radeon Crimson Driver

Huh, I hope AMD gives thought to incorporating all that wonderful RadeonPro like mojo. Some nice tweaks become possible if you give users the options to dig in.

Interesting. I shall be looking forward to that date then...!

Thanks for posting. :)

Bought an R9 390X today (because it's relatively cheap-ish for a high-end board), so new hot driver would be a welcome thing... :)

I don't remember seeing any substantial performance boosts promised for the first crimson driver release. It seems to me that the changes are mostly aesthetic and functionality driven.

So was there an unveiling on the 20th or not...? I haven't seen any news whatsoever on the subject on any of the sites I checked - 2 of the major swedish sites, as well as anandtech, pcper and techpowerup.

Is there an embargo in place perhaps? If so - why? You'd reasonably WANT people to know about your shiny new driver I would think...! :p

So was there an unveiling on the 20th or not...? I haven't seen any news whatsoever on the subject on any of the sites I checked - 2 of the major swedish sites, as well as anandtech, pcper and techpowerup.

Is there an embargo in place perhaps? If so - why? You'd reasonably WANT people to know about your shiny new driver I would think...! :p

Well the event took place and apparently the driver will be released next week.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/022/G002212/20151120143/

So this was an Asian event, with nobody from the west invited? Because hopefully, the reason there seems to be no mention of this in english media is not that nobody in the west gave a shit... :p

So with LFC (Low Framerate Compensation), there will be no reason to hesitate in choosing Freesync over Gsync (if it works as advertised). Also the general improvement looked very nice. My iGPU needs every help that it can get :)

Back