Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

I got that new Helmet in a REQ pack last night. I've haven't spent any money on additional REQ packs and don't really feel the need to. I will admit that curiously, I am motivated to play more to get more points to get more packs. I also kind of like that it is a pull of the one arm bandit to see what you get instead of buying specific items with your REQ points. There is a weird love/hate anticipation in hoping you get something good only to rage at getting crap.

I'm happy to see that proceeds from the DLC is going towards tournament prize pools. I think it can only attract more players that would've otherwise not been interested.

BTB is awesome when the team works together. When it doesn't.....

BTW, does anyone know how you can tell whose blasting music in your headset while in game. There was a player today who was blasting crappy music in a CTF BTB match that made it really hard to coordinate. I tried to see who it was to mute it, by hitting the "back" button, but it didn't show sound being broadcasted by any of the players although it was clearly being broadcasted.

Nice to see they are doing like Valve does with The International for DOTA 2. A part of every compendium purchase goes towards the prize pot. For example for The International 5 this year, Valve seeded 2 million USD of their own money. Another ~16.5 million was added purely based on proceeds from sales of the digital Compendium for a prize pool of ~18.5 million (the winning team walked away with ~6.6 million USD).

Don't think we'll be seeing those lofty heights from Halo 5's World Championship, but it's still nice to see that proceeds from a digital purchase for the game are going towards the prize pool allowing players of the game to show their support for the HWC.

Regards,
SB

I got that new Helmet in a REQ pack last night. I've haven't spent any money on additional REQ packs and don't really feel the need to. I will admit that curiously, I am motivated to play more to get more points to get more packs. I also kind of like that it is a pull of the one arm bandit to see what you get instead of buying specific items with your REQ points. There is a weird love/hate anticipation in hoping you get something good only to rage at getting crap.

I'm happy to see that proceeds from the DLC is going towards tournament prize pools. I think it can only attract more players that would've otherwise not been interested.

BTB is awesome when the team works together. When it doesn't.....

BTW, does anyone know how you can tell whose blasting music in your headset while in game. There was a player today who was blasting crappy music in a CTF BTB match that made it really hard to coordinate. I tried to see who it was to mute it, by hitting the "back" button, but it didn't show sound being broadcasted by any of the players although it was clearly being broadcasted.
Sometimes when I run into players like that, I create a solo party, it kicks you out of game chat.

Sometimes when I run into players like that, I create a solo party, it kicks you out of game chat.

Are you still able to communicate with the rest of the BTB team. We almost won despite it, but it was just annoying. I don't understand how people get enjoyment from being a nuisance.

I rarely do this, but I would given him bad rep too so I don't get matched with him again.

Are you still able to communicate with the rest of the BTB team. We almost won despite it, but it was just annoying. I don't understand how people get enjoyment from being a nuisance.

I rarely do this, but I would given him bad rep too so I don't get matched with him again.
Yes you won't be able to communicate lol. I've never tried to mute someone not in my party but it might be doable.

They should put that money towards non-Forge maps.

I'll pledge my MS Paint skills for textures.
I think they mentioned that the REQ system paid for free map content.
That being said, I don't mind forge maps. They are quick to iterate and change for addressing gameplay. They had 1 truly MLG based map and they removed it. I was so upset lol. I know a lot people cried about it but there should be maps for all levels of play. I thought the map was great. There was this damage boost that few people knew how to get. I see it as a sign of how soft the community had become, with thr introduction of YouTube there are many competitive players that show you the ins and outs of each map. If people
Only knew how hard it was to learn things in q3. Some of those jumps required more than just mastering strafe jumping, you needed like 200fps hacks as well.

But in any event forge maps, if there really is a good forge map that people love and take to, it makes for good reason to actually invest and rebuild that map to look good.

Good games with Brit last night although overall we stunk it up in Warzone with a big doughnut and being placed on Offense on Warzone Assault like 5/6 times in a row.

We switched over to BTB and finished strong in Team Slayer like 100-50 ish. I was on the bottom of our parties kill list all night, but on that last one, I had a 2.7 K/D and second in kills. It was around 2 am and I wondered where the time went.

Despite the yammering on my part, last night was a lot of fun. The last game Wolf was on fire!

My night started at 10pm with my friends MrPants, Xtropy, and their friend Showtime then we picked up X's friend Tong with a bit later meeting up with Wolf and Anderson to play many games before eventually calling it a night around 3-3:30am.

I had one exceptional game with a triple double (kills, assists, and sadly deaths) and I think another game where I rarely died which is quite something when I wasnt being cautious at all. I'm still in the phase of getting a better feel for those new to me maps and the various weapon spawn points. I liked the objective based BTB more than raw slayer modes, they seemed to have a little less chaos.

Warzone Assult was still fun, despite at times it being so lopsided when the defenders are with BattleRiffles and the offense is still with assault riffles and magnums and being spawn killed. There was a match or two where the offense was close, on the final core objective. That gets so cramped that its a real cluster. It would have been nice to have it mixed up where we would be on defense, being on offense 6 times in a row can be demoralizing.

The last couple minutes of an evenly matched game is what really keeps me coming back. Nothing like going neck and neck to the end to keep you coming back over and over

Last edited:
That last match in BTB I was surprised that no one was jumping on the Gungoose. I'm pretty sure that almost all my kills were from it.

Now we need Al, NRP and some others to get in.

I hope 343i figures out something reasonable to get rid of rage quitters. Every single match, I had at least 2-3 even with near even matches.

One a few, lost of most--but would've been more even matches if they stayed in.

PSA: Halo Reach is now on the backwards compatibility list.

Also, B3D, where you at on Halo 5 MP. Game is a BLAST....but better with friends that you know!!!!

REQ unlocking is strangely addictive and disappointing at the same time. Disappointing only because you cross your fingers for cool unlocks like new armor, helmets, weapon skins, etc only to get lame weapons for Warzone that you already have like a thousand of.

Back