How do you send Private Message?

PixResearch

Regular
Supporter
As title.

Looks like XenForum calls these "conversations".
Main forum says you just click on a users name and hit "start a conversation". It's not visible for me...

Is this some post count threshold thing?

It's visible for me. There is a post threshold but I would hope you're already met it.

left click on user name
start a conversation
uWf1X0n.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to be a theme thing (missing in dark themes too).

Newcomer was what made me think it may be because I don't post often. Although that's a reasonably high threshold for newbie... Designed a few GPUs during those 150 posts lol.

I had this issue and had to prod Rys to fix it. I think "Newcomer"s are allowed to start Conversations in the permissions but in practice can't. Changing my group allowed me to send PMs.

Looks like for Newcomers I had accidentally set the maximum number of recipients for a PM to zero. Helpful!. I've relaxed that now to match other usergroups.

I approach this thread to ask if I have to write a minimum of message to "start a conversation". I can't see it. Thanks

PS: I lloked for this in the forum but I have not seen it.

No. Members should be anyone who has an account. The person you want to message might have it set to "People You Follow Only" and then not follow anyon.

That would prevent everyone from contact them. Odds are most of the other admins are extremely too busy to be able to check PMs on forums, so they restrict that ability completely, as they'd rather people hit them up on Slack or Social Media or via EMail from the "Contact Us" page.

Or do what I do and just post up a thread in General Discussion with their name as the subject matter, usually gets their attention. :)

Back