The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Well all the shows are starting again in the next couple of weeks, and I can't wait for my new fix of Good Wife, The Flash and so much more...

Yeah Flash had an interesting story on top of all the rest, but let's not get into spoilers :)

Woo f***in whoo, FX is developing a show based on "Y the last man". That was one of the few comics that was just sooo right all the way, with a perfect ending.

Please don't frack it up...

I just finished Narcos. Thought it was really captivating. Unforuntately they opted to drag the whole thing out over a second season instead of neatly finishing everything up (I was expecting something along the lines of the Fargo mini series, and up until the series finale came and went, it actually seemed like I'd get my wish). Really wondering what they'll do with season 2 now. Season 1 basically covered all the noteworthy details about the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar.

I gotta say after 10 full seasons and into their 11th I still get excited for new supernatural. Sure the first few seasons were amazing and the others uneven but its just silly fun.

This weeks episode took place from the perspective of the car and was the best episode of any show I watched this season

Jessica Jones - Brilliant!

Now that the shows have all started again, there's so much to keep up with... From the Flash, Supergirl (cute and silly but I'm liking it), now Jessica Jones which I'll probably finish in the next few days - hey I like my superheroes, ok??

And I've started Supernatural again. How could I ever leave the uber cute brothers??

Jessica Jones - Brilliant!

Now that the shows have all started again, there's so much to keep up with... From the Flash, Supergirl (cute and silly but I'm liking it), now Jessica Jones which I'll probably finish in the next few days - hey I like my superheroes, ok??

And I've started Supernatural again. How could I ever leave the uber cute brothers??
Netflix or ...? If you have Netflix, watch Kristen Ritter in Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23. Delightfully deranged.
I watched the first episode of Jessica Jones. I'm really liking it, and her, though I sort of miss the "realism" of Daredevil. :) Wow, that show is gritty. But my impression is that her super powers tie into the plot, which will soon have a very dark element to it. So, I'm prepared to love this show.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/62038/dont-trust-the-b-in-apt-23-the-complete-series/

I did watch Apartment 13 :)
I just got to episode 10 of Jessica Jones - started the series today! - and it gets better and better. Love it, very happy with the gritty shows Marvel is producing.

Finished Jessica Jones and loved it, thinking Man in the High Tower is next.
(possibly even true) Trivia: PKD wrote the novel by using the I Ching (yarrow stalks). Every time there was a major plot turn, he'd cast the sticks, mull them over, and then proceed to write what happened next. So, given how it's also used in the novel, and by the writer, you're really going down the rabbit hole with this one! Enjoy.

http://www.conceptualfiction.com/the_man_in_the_high_castle.html

Dick once claimed that he relied on the I Ching to help him
develop the plot for this novel—and even blamed it for elements of
the story that left him unsatisfied.

The Expanse started on Syfy. Seems like it's the first good show on Syfy for quite a while. It is based on the books by James S. A. Corey which are thoroughly entertaining (read them all).

The Expanse started on Syfy. Seems like it's the first good show on Syfy for quite a while. It is based on the books by James S. A. Corey which are thoroughly entertaining (read them all).

Hmmm. I might look out for that one. I've not read the most recent book yet, but quite enjoyed the others.

Could be a bit of an issue differentiating between the body types of people from Earth and those from Mars/Belters! Not feasible in a live action show, I'd have thought.

Hmmm. I might look out for that one. I've not read the most recent book yet, but quite enjoyed the others.

Could be a bit of an issue differentiating between the body types of people from Earth and those from Mars/Belters! Not feasible in a live action show, I'd have thought.
There are some CGI and perspective tricks, but I think they have done it well. Naomi is not as much belter as she is in the book, though.

PKD's Radio Free Albemuth is on Netflix. It was kickstarted a while back, and made it to film. Lol at how they directly referenced The Man in the High Castle. The actor playing PKD announces good news. His newest novel will be published in hardcover. "Which one?" he's asked. "The one about what might have happened if Nazis won the war.", he replies.

Some recognizable stars, very intriguing stuff.

The Expanse! First episode was incredible! Now we have to wait a month for ep 2. :(

I stalled on the books at the beginning of the third one for other Life reasons, but plan to get back into it.

By the way Phillip K Dick is totally nuts. :) He writes some pretty good stuff but he truly believes an alien intelligence is communicating with him via beams of purple light.

Yeah, but that's why I love him so much! "Kampus" and "Flow my Tears the Policeman Said" really hit me in my teen years.

Finished Man in the High Castle and loved it, remembered at the very end that I read the book and suddenly understood everything and it was f-ing BRILLIANT!!! :D (I used to read a LOT of sci-fi, so I tend to forget what I read)

I liked Jessica Jones, but it was almost too dark for me. Way darker than Daredevil I thought, by virtue of having far fewer people who actually enjoy being alive for a decent percentage of their lives (Trish basically the only one?). Also, the actress looks weird - her nose to lip size sometimes scares me a bit. But I definitely enjoyed it, and the bad guy in particular was very good, as was the moral tension.

Watched the first season of Mr. Robot. Shamelessly derivative show about a hacker vigilante suffering from social anxiety disorder amongst other things (because of course he does). It's Dexter meets Fight Club meets American Psycho meets The Matrix meets every hacker stereotype you could possibly think of. It doesn't have a single original bone in its body, but damn it if it isn't a lot of fun to watch.

Last edited:
Back