Detroit [PS4, PC]

I wonder what type of story we get? Seems to be a political one this time? I get I, Robot (Will Smith) feelings from this.

As I liked all QD games so far, and Until Dawn....can't wait!

2015-10-3117_03_42-de06ura.jpg

Fantastic details for a NPC

God, this guy is CHEASY. For all his pretentions of making art-house games, the guy sure has some pretty shitty B-side TV show aspirations. His stuff is too boring to be enjoyed as games, and too silly to be enjoyed as art. So far he's had success for the novelty and tech-demo factors, but damn, isn't he moving foward?
Just my very early and prejudicious 2-cents.

God, this guy is CHEASY. For all his pretentions of making art-house games, the guy sure has some pretty shitty B-side TV show aspirations. His stuff is too boring to be enjoyed as games, and too silly to be enjoyed as art. So far he's had success for the novelty and tech-demo factors, but damn, isn't he moving foward?

Thankfully Cage isn't the only writer this time around, this may actually turn out to be something good. I was incredibly disappointed by Beyond: Two Souls.

Funny you should say that as we had a tv show called Humans in the UK about human like androids that had feelings etc. I instantly thought off while watching the trailer.

You're not thinking of the excellent I think Swedish series called Real Humans? (Äkta Människor I think it was called originally) Detroit reminds me more of that.

That is so weird .. The original is really great and quite recent too, why remake it? I'll try and see how good the remake is then.

Not many Swedish speakers in Britain and America I guess. It says it's based on it, not a remake as such but I wouldn't know not having seen the original.

Just watched the trailer .....got me interested....more because the Kara demo was so touching back then. But I only wary of what happened with the story of Beyond; Two souls. The game was great but the story was , lets stay decent here, not worth mentioning by the ned. It started amazing and ended in a pile of dump , lol ! But I liked Beyond for the way it played. What I didn'tlike was that it was almost impossible to fail a scene so u never saw what else could happen, it was too easy. HR had that balance right.

Hope he doesn't screw up the story, other than that I am all in.

Girl is not in the focus.

But trailer is really choke full of awesome looking NPCs. Someone should do a frame-by-frame analysis and post many more examples of them.

I really don't see David Cage like that at all. I just see him as a passionate guy that likes to try to inject emotion into his games and try to get his audience to connect emotionally with the characters in the stories of his games. Nothing wrong with that, and for the most part he suceeds where alot of devs fail in that particular regard.

I mean, the dude makes games that include alot of weird supernatural elements on top of these very character focussed and emotional stories. I don't see it as pretentious, or trying to be "art-house". To me his games are like good TV soap opera drama. I go in with that mindset and just enjoy the ride (however flawed).

I really don't see David Cage like that at all. I just see him as a passionate guy that likes to try to inject emotion into his games and try to get his audience to connect emotionally with the characters in the stories of his games. Nothing wrong with that, and for the most part he suceeds where alot of devs fail in that particular regard.

I mean, the dude makes games that include alot of weird supernatural elements on top of these very character focussed and emotional stories. I don't see it as pretentious, or trying to be "art-house". To me his games are like good TV soap opera drama. I go in with that mindset and just enjoy the ride (however flawed).

Fair enough. Guy could do with a little less arrogance maybe, I built that impression of him based on a fair share of interviews I've seen when he dismissed all AAA games out there for being silly and cheap, just to go on and do the same thing. He just switched action for melodrama, but the lack of intelectual depth is still pretty much the same. Very well, I can see why someone could get off of interactive touchy filly soup opera clihès just like I get off of interactive popcorn action movie clichès. But yeah, Cage might help diversify the medium, but he sure as hell is not elevating it in any way.

Fair enough. Guy could do with a little less arrogance maybe, I built that impression of him based on a fair share of interviews I've seen when he dismissed all AAA games out there for being silly and cheap, just to go on and do the same thing. He just switched action for melodrama, but the lack of intelectual depth is still pretty much the same. Very well, I can see why someone could get off of interactive touchy filly soup opera clihès just like I get off of interactive popcorn action movie clichès. But yeah, Cage might help diversify the medium, but he sure as hell is not elevating it in any way.

To be honest, I've never seen Mr Cage appear arrogant in an interview or particularly dissmissive about other games (certainly not in the same way that some gamers and critics seem to outright dismiss and attack his games as being "non-games" or being of no value at all to the medium).

At the same time however, I haven't actually paid much attention to alot of his interviews, outside of trade shows, so maybe I've juse missed that side of him.

I just see him as a guy that wants to do something different and that's ok by me. Heavy Rain is one of my favourite games of last gen and I enjoyed Beyond:TS despite its issues, so I give him credit for overall succeeding in his mission.

To be fair though, David Cage made Omikron: The Nomad Soul, so there's nothing in my mind that the dude can say or do that will take away his free pass that I give him. As I f%$kin LOVE that game (essentally, any game starring David Bowie = insta-win)!

I also enjoy the silly cheap action stuff too, and I agree that there's room in this industry for games of all types. But I would argue that yes he does switch the action for melodrama, with his games lacking in intellectual depth; however I don't really interpret any of his hyping of his games as meaning that they are supposed to contain much intellectual depth in the first place. All I hear him say when he speaks, is that he wants his games to have emotional depth, and they do, so I would say that again he's justified in this.

Hoping he will design the controls of the characters less complicated just for the sake of it. Pressing L2 or R2 at the exact time to climb (well walk-ish) a slippy hill? Very annoying.

To be honest, I've never seen Mr Cage appear arrogant in an interview or particularly dissmissive about other games (certainly not in the same way that some gamers and critics seem to outright dismiss and attack his games as being "non-games" or being of no value at all to the medium)

I fully agree most of the harsh criticism he gets is totally uncalled for. A lot of game critiques of today are very close-minded still. I do, for one, apreciate the fact we have someone like Cage, doing what he is doing. Its very healthy to the medium.

Back