Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Clukos

Bloodborne 2 when?
Veteran
Supporter
21902780203_773f8e9746_z.jpg

This was announced @ PGW yesterday, some info from PS Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/27/gran-turismo-sport-coming-to-ps4-in-2016/
On stage, the Polyphony team talked about the advances that PS4 offers to allow them to continue to improve the graphics, physics, and sound to deliver the most realistic driving simulator to date. But with GT Sport they’re looking to deliver more than that; to deliver a revolution in the way that people experience driving games, a figurative “rebirth” of motorsports.

FIA Partnership
Working alongside the historic FIA, to develop a game that continues to be more realistic and authentic, the online racing championships promise to offer something new for players.
But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.
With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of PS4.

Trailer:

Higher quality on Gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_gran_turismo_sport_pgw_trailer-36054_en.html

And a few snaps from gaf, i think these are some of the best material shaders we've seen so far this gen, better than Driveclub?

1tpkm7.png

2jrjsb.png

61rkod.png

Last edited:
I just hope the single player campaign doesn't suffer. I'm not the kind of person who likes competitive racing or even motorsport in the real world, but I like machines, technology and enjoy testing them out in a fantasy world version of motorsport that is fun without any of the real life downsides.

I still didnt understand what this game is. Just a limited version for the competition that will be organized by FIA?

Best looking racing game to date. My only reservation is that normally these trailers are caveated with "rendered entirely on the play station 4" which I didn't see. (If wrong On mobile phone sorry)

Personally I thought that the whole Polyphony presentation was so irrelevant that it became shamelessly disrespectful to the audience. He stood there for what seemed like 10 minutes, in an event where people want to see games/announcements/concrete stuff, and talked about the history of FIA and god knows what else he was babbling about, and showed a few seconds of 'cool looking' replays running under god knows what conditions. After having worked on this for years.
Sometimes you can be such a total Debby downer that you actually become disrespectful.

Last edited:
They Driveclubbed GT.
Which begs the question of why have two seemingly very similar experiences: DC and GT:Sport? This won't be a popular view with DC fans but I really hope this spells an end Evolution working longterm on DC. I think they got the opportunity to do a serious racer becuase Polyphony had no chance of getting something out in decent time and Sony wanted to address that market but now GT:Sport is on the horizon, Evolution will be asked to do something else.

A new Motorstorm game?, that could work. :yep2:

I'm sure this is what happened. there are no other explanations:

Sony: "We need something to show NOW !!!"
Polyphony: "We don't even have any AI yet!"
Sony: "Make a prologue version without AI"
Polyphony: "All right, here's GT Sports, competitive only"
Sony: "We need some nice gaming footage for the show"
Polyphony: "But the game isn't done! The show is tomorrow!"
Sony: "Emergency call to Digic... ah shit, only enough time for a few seconds of fake footage, if nobody sleeps at
all. Digic sucks! Plan B, you talk about the game's features on stage!!"
Polyphony: "Game features aren't decided yet, I was too busy racing for real"
Sony: "Just talk about FiA for 10 minutes, we'll double that time with the translator"
Polyphony: "Done! It's in the bag, the fans will shower us with praises."

Sony: "One last thing, promise them a Beta for early 2016"
Polyphony: "But.. that's completely imposs.."
Sony: "PROMISE THEM A BETA"
Polyphony: "All right."

Best looking racing game to date. My only reservation is that normally these trailers are caveated with "rendered entirely on the play station 4" which I didn't see. (If wrong On mobile phone sorry)

I looked at the Gameryde direct feed and it could be real time. There was shadow map dithering, specular noise and some really brief lighting artifacts in some scenes. Looks nothing like what they would have done in past GT pre-rendered trailers/intros in the past with were always artifact free.

I looked at the Gameryde direct feed and it could be real time. There was shadow map dithering, specular noise and some really brief lighting artifacts in some scenes. Looks nothing like what they would have done in past GT pre-rendered trailers/intros in the past with were always artifact free.
i don't doubt that that isn't rendered by the engine :) but like all AAA games, they are developed on Intel machines.

i don't doubt that that isn't rendered by the engine :) but like all AAA games, they are developed on Intel machines.

You can see really gamey grass to the right, otherwise it looks like a real picture. The trailer was probably supersampled like how PD's trailers usually are, but still in-game assets.

wL8b.png

Back