Detroit [PS4, PC]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend

Although the "D" (Detroit) is battered, still love my hometown where I was born and raised for the first 18yrs of my life. So it warms my heart to see a title (game) being centered around it... :love::love::love:

FYI: The graphics... :oops::oops::oops:

Still remembering that funny realtime demo they did with the wizard looking incredible, I can believe that they could release one of their games looking like this. Very nice. And I've never actually played one of their games, perhaps I'll pick up the remastered versions when they come out.

Looking great. I'm eager to see some gameplay, I'd like to see if it still has the same core elements of heavy rain and beyond or if it's a bit more engaging this time. I think they definitely need to freshen it up a bit.

Gaf Gif.
detroit_rainbcszu.gif

Dear god in heaven them graphics are insane! This game easily surpasses everything on ps4 shown so far, the lighting, effects, models (include every single NPCs holy crap) and environments are simply astounding it reminds me of that CyberPunk CGI. The character's motion capture is on spot too. Also love the fact Kara is back, the PS3 demo left me wanting for so much more back then. Blind buy day one.
image_detroit-30067-3428_0001.jpg
image_detroit-30067-3428_0009.jpg

Reactions: scf
I think the AA, AF are not what it will be in the real game. Probably rendered on PS4 at a very low framerate...

The DOF too, true 3D DOF...

I wouldn't be surprised if the actual game has lower quality DOF, I wouldn't be surprised the looks as good. These are the guys who did the Sorcerer demo after all :)

Stunning. I didn't feel Heavy Rain from the commercials but I'm very interested in how this story plays out.

Sorry, I've only played Heavy Rain from them. Aren't Quantum known to make these type of games, like interactive movie like? I'm assuming this will be like that, given the graphics it portrays, so I'm not expecting anything fast-paced but more movie-like with interactivity etc. Or am I completely wrong?

Sorry, I've only played Heavy Rain from them. Aren't Quantum known to make these type of games, like interactive movie like? I'm assuming this will be like that, given the graphics it portrays, so I'm not expecting anything fast-paced but more movie-like with interactivity etc. Or am I completely wrong?
Pretty much a sure thing. "Interactive movie".

26fps. Not bad, especially since we don't even know when the game will be released [late 2016 at the earliest it seems].

Some parts of the trailer seem very GTA and Infamous Second Son in nature... something I haven't seen from any of the previous Quantic games.

Quantics 'Omikron: The Nomad Soul' was one of the poineers of sandbox adventure games. It felt a lot like an early GTA3 set in the future at times. I'd be pretty happy if they brought back that level of freedom into a living and breathing world. Their latest games have been great in how alive they can feel, but only in small areas at a time.

Ooooh, this game looks phenominal!!! I was so glad to hear they're making a game out of that Kara tech demo. I always felt like it was such a missed opportunity.

Can't wait to play this game. Need to see more.

Back