Formula 1 - 2015 season

No it wasn't cool of Lewis to throw number 2 branded stuff at Nico. No need to rub it in.
Rosberg read way, way more into it than Hamilton intended. It was more like "don't get up, here you go" instead of rubbing number 2 in his face.

Granted, Hamilton shouldn't have done it because he should have known Rosberg would be sour from making that mistake towards the end of the race, but Rosberg shouldn't have overreacted.

Still the TV initially only showed Rosberg throwing the cap at Hamilton, which made it seem worse.

I just want to say I was laughing out loud at the way Räikkönen got his car out of the barrier when he had an off. It was fantastic. I think other drivers would have shut down and stepped out.

Agreed. Too bad it was his only glory moment for the US GP
Kimi was a bit all of the place with some fantastic overtaking, some excursions and then the problem that retired the car after his trip to the wall.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12475/10054138/how-did-red-bull-get-in-this-mess
Mclaren will block Honda, Ferrari and Mercedes are out so it just leaves Renault because nobody in the world can make an F1 V6 1.6 litre hybrid engine programme ready from today to the start of the 2016 winter tests.

The theory I am leaning to is Red Bull running rebadged Renault engines next year. That way, Renault and Red Bull can claim they don't have a relationship.
Whatever the name of the engine (Mechachrome, Alpine, Esgargot Racing), they will be built by Renault.

Quick someone get Cosworth to re-enter the F1 engine development business. :p

Regards,
SB
It would be nice if they joined and had a competitive engine, but they can't join before 2017 at the earliest. As far as I know, Cosworth has "something", but at what state and if it is just the ICE or a fully enabled hybrid system, who knows.

Also, it is apparently too late for Honda to supply Red Bull even if Ron Dennis didn't block it, which he has.

Red Bull Racing Mecachrome, here we come

Hasn't Honda been saying from the start (even before RBR needed to find a new engine) that they currently can't really supply another team even if they wanted?

Anyway the Mexican GP was pretty boring if you ask me. It seems the race is popular with the people, which is a good thing because all those middle eastern countries with nobody in the grand stands really don't belong in F1 if you ask me but the race itself was pretty meh. Doesn't look like the circuit is particularly well suited to overtaking either.

Hasn't Honda been saying from the start (even before RBR needed to find a new engine) that they currently can't really supply another team even if they wanted?

Anyway the Mexican GP was pretty boring if you ask me. It seems the race is popular with the people, which is a good thing because all those middle eastern countries with nobody in the grand stands really don't belong in F1 if you ask me but the race itself was pretty meh. Doesn't look like the circuit is particularly well suited to overtaking either.
Track surface was new so it was very slippery, and Pirelli had made a conservative tyre choice with soft/medium which made overtaking really difficult. Next year should be supersoft/soft or maybe even the new ultrasoft compound which is due to be tested after the Abu Dhabi GP.

Back