Tom Clancy's The Division [PS4, XO]

Is that MP4 video showcasing the native resolution of Xbone version? ;)

Anyhow, visuals as usual look great. I'm more concerned about game content.

Is that MP4 video showcasing the native resolution of Xbone version? ;)

Anyhow, visuals as usual look great. I'm more concerned about game content.
That would be scandalous if that wasn't captured on an Xbox One while indicating it was captured on an Xbox One.
I saw Division in person it looked fairly low res. so perhaps the environment show case they upped in, but I think with working game code it could be back to that low resolution.

But your right, I care more about content.

Todays "reveal" was only another very short snippet.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/lights_xb1_web_225100.mp4

Still, looking great again IMO, Destiny on steroids? (the fan reminds me of that). Very nice lighting. Getting hyped again.
Thats it ! Thats all!

Looks like BF4 with higher contrast and a more detailed Metro Last Light.
I am just wary that after Destiny, the combat might feel pretty sterile and clinical. Also, after playing Destiny for more than a year, I am getting bored of grinds to get a weapon which can fire straight as they should. Lets see, they will need to convince me with a demo if they want me in.

The guns in Destiny fire straight, they just have recoil and aren't always the easiest to hit with, like real guns.

Anyways since I love this grindy, level up style in RPG's and Destiny that is why I'm interested. I wonder if it will approach the immense depth and scale of Destiny? I hope so...

Edit: But I guess no raids...

Last edited:
Personally I'm hoping its Destiny meets State of Decay. Destiny for its level of it investment, solid core gameplay mechanics and added content structure. State of Decay for making it more about simply surviving in your environment and less about some grand story and your place in it.

@Rangers
the guns in destiny have bend bullet like in those movie with a woman that can bend bullet.

@dobwal
im hoping its more like MGSV where what we do can have tangible impact in the game world, and affect the AI, albeit momentarily. Than destiny with its super pristine world where what we do means nothing.

The guns in Destiny fire straight, they just have recoil and aren't always the easiest to hit with, like real guns.

Anyways since I love this grindy, level up style in RPG's and Destiny that is why I'm interested. I wonder if it will approach the immense depth and scale of Destiny? I hope so...

Edit: But I guess no raids...
Indeed, Raids are so key. The absolute best part of Destiny and sadly not enough of are raids. They gave me an excellent feel of what WoW once was, though 6 man is rather small, but it's still enjoyable. 20-40 man raids are nearly impossible to gather now.

So I noticed a few days ago there is a beta for this coming in December! It's very easy to get in using the Amazon preorder loophole (basically Amazon does not charge you until something ships, so no charge for a preorder, preorder the division, they will send you email a beta code, cancel preorder anytime up til release). So, I should be playing this soon.

Here's a newer video, interesting I guess much like Destiny's structure there will be singleplayer missions as well.

Only the X1 Beta in Dec, I believe there may be other betas later. Game comes out March 8 IIRC, so it's not like a long time, that's barely 3 months.

Here's a somewhat older video about the downgrade. Seems like fairly solid technical info

The newest gifs look nice, so I'm hoping there's been a bit of a re-upgrade before release.

What systems have the beta? Only X1? I guess you need Gold to play the X1 beta?

No...

Do I need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to participate in the beta?
Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system owners will not need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to access and play the beta. However, there are some game modes that require such accounts. More details on this will be released in the future.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/faq/

If you're playing multiplayer naturally you're going to need a Gold or PS+ account.

Tommy McClain

From AzBat's post, no. Otherwise a network account would be required to participate in the Beta. Unless they're open to Beta participants to just try out the menus...

Back