Transformers Devastation: More than meets the eye

Yah, I've been keeping my eye on this one. Waiting for the reviews to drop. Visually, it looks great. Platinum knows the genre. In theory, it'll be a winner.

This one caught my eye as well. As the owner of the Japan only Transformers Tataki by Takara Games on PS2 and having at least a glorious CGi intro, in game cut scenes in engine real time and English language dubbing as an option in a Japan only game!!

I always wondered when this franchise would be retrospectively revisited (as it's Japanese anime and toy franchise had fairly good success and outlasted the U.S. versions) definitely interested in the reviews as well as how the PS3 vs PS4 versions compare since it's not supposed to be a huge tech pushing game.

Albeit the PS3 dev tools are extremely advanced so the game should be impressive even there.

I've seen about four of five different reviews for this game and it seems Platinum Games, imho made an all out "Arcade style" beat em up game in the sense that such games tended to be shorter in play length but this game is being touted by reviewers as being 5 to 6 hours long.

The cell shaded 3d polygon graphics are the best according to reviews and this game is on five? Platforms...although I haven't noticed a Wii U version which PG should be getting on since they did a Bayonetta game already and it's all about cashing in right?

Franchise aside, it's a bit of a miracle this type of retro-throwback game was made this way at all. The fluidity of the cell shaded graphics give the reviewers the impression that they are actually playing the old 80s animated series.

Definitely needs a couple sequels by PG.

I was gonna pick it up anyways but at least thanks to the reviews I don't mind spending the scratch.

There is a technological value to the game's refined use of cell shading.

This one caught my attention... Has anyone here played it? Looks incredible and it's getting a lot of very decent reviews...

Consensus seems to be that if you love the original Transformers series, then you will very likely love this, unless you hate everything that Platinum makes.

Personally, I am very meh about the original series and none of Platinum's games have appealed to me so far, and my kid who is a fan of transformers also didn't really seem attracted to it, so I am going to pass on it. But he's just been bitten by the Minecraft bug, so not that likely anything else will appeal for a while anyway ;)

This one caught my attention... Has anyone here played it? Looks incredible and it's getting a lot of very decent reviews...
I meant to pick it up this week, but with Halo 5 so close I need to finish replaying Halo 3 and then finish Halo 4 in time for the launch.

I'll probably pick it up after that.

Consensus seems to be that if you love the original Transformers series, then you will very likely love this, unless you hate everything that Platinum makes.

Personally, I am very meh about the original series and none of Platinum's games have appealed to me so far, and my kid who is a fan of transformers also didn't really seem attracted to it, so I am going to pass on it. But he's just been bitten by the Minecraft bug, so not that likely anything else will appeal for a while anyway ;)
How old are you? :)

I believe your kid is more attached to the newer generation as well as other cartoon/toy lines.

if I had this game back in the 80s when I was a kid I am pretty sure I would have been peeing in my pants from joy. I was a Transformers maniac!
Transformers The Movie was my favorite cartoon. I was watching it every day again and again and again. I dont think Transformers are as big today as they used to be

Platinum games are kind of niche I believe. Their games are usually unforgiving and rely on high reflexes and skill to enjoy.

Hahaha aha roflmao

I just saw and read up the Digital Foundry analysis.

The game may not seem to be pushing hardcore geometric numbers but it's clocking...1080p 60fps and 16x AF!! On PS4 and Xbone.

I'm gonna get this on PS3 as I don't have the time to get the new consoles but I'll check my friends XboxOne if he gets it.

As for Transformers appealing to kids...well they do have the DVDs fairly cheap for all eps...it really may depend but a while back my younger cousins watched and actually liked most eps of season 1...

I don't mind arcade style games and from the reviews there's mixed feelings of wanting more which older style arcade beatem ups didn't really do however there is a replay system...I feel like PG may be able to do more with sequels however they better be cranking out a Wii U version since they did a Bayonnetta game there.

Actually I hope we see Bayonetta 2 on other consoles than see a Wii U version of Transformers. It makes more sense

I'd love to see Bayo 2 on ps4 but I thought that would never happen since Nintendo paid for it.
As long as the IP still belongs to Platinum, then it might still be possible. I believe it depends on the publisher interest (as in who wants to pay for the porting cost and probably enough difference to call this the definitive edition).

50 or 60% off on Steam.
yup, I finally got King's Quest because it was only 1,50€.

But I also wanted this game since it was released, although I am not keen to pay 25€ for it as of currently. I'd do that in the case of Broken Sword, since I have all the games of the series, except the new one. But I need the money for other expenses nowadays and didn't purchase it day one, which was my initial intention.

I got this for £20 a while ago and while very eye catching, I didn't love it and didn't play it after that first afternoon I downloaded it.

Back