Fallout 4 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

That's it. I'm not a fan of this - I like the unpredictability of doing massive damage and I'll probably forget to use crits most of the time!!

Even putting in a Solid State Drive merely postponed the mess which Skyrim would eventially turn into on the PS3. Believe me, I've tried it.
I never encounter this, even after hundreds of hours on a single save. Were you one of those maniacs stealing all the forks?

The Team Bringing Fallout 4 to Life, Part 1 (13 minutes)

The Team Bringing Fallout 4 to Life, Part 2 (6 minutes)

Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Video Series - Intelligence

I never encounter this, even after hundreds of hours on a single save. Were you one of those maniacs stealing all the forks?

I really just played the game. Didn't do anything fancy. Did you play it right on day1? I'm asking because Bethesda, after god knows how many games, finally acknowledged there was an issue and they actually went ahead and fixed it. Even though my save file was so fucked the game would crawl no matter the drive in my pS3, it actually went back to running normally on the stock HDD afterwards.

I really just played the game. Didn't do anything fancy. Did you play it right on day1? I'm asking because Bethesda, after god knows how many games, finally acknowledged there was an issue and they actually went ahead and fixed it. Even though my save file was so fucked the game would crawl no matter the drive in my pS3, it actually went back to running normally on the stock HDD afterwards.

Yeah, I played Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim day 1 on PS3. I'm a nightmare in open world games because I get so easily sidetracked checking out something on the horizon so each game took me a while to complete the main campaign but I have played each game many times with different character builds and while I've had a mighty helping all sorts of bugs in all of the games, I never had that issue - though obviously I saw plenty of videos of other people suffering. My Skyrim saves have to be hundreds of hours long.

Bethesda have released the PC requirements and a bunch of information pertinent to all platforms - all blatantly borrowed from the official site:

Prepare for the Future: Fallout 4 Important Release Info
We’re almost there! In just over a month, the wait for Fallout 4 ends and you can finally explore its densely populated Wasteland on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Until then, Vault-Tec was kind enough to provide us with some handy information to ready you for launch.

PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Console Storage Space
Make sure you have enough space in the vault to store Fallout 4.
Fallout 4 requires 28-35 GB depending on territory and languages supported.

Release Time
Want to know exactly when you can start playing Fallout 4? Digitally the game will become available at 12:01 am (local time) in all territories (In North America, the unlock time will be 12:01 am EST), except Asia (available at 12 am on Tuesday, November 11th) and Japan (available at 12 am on Thursday, December 17th).

What languages does Fallout 4 support?
  • In North America, Fallout 4 supports English/French voice/text.
  • In South America, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text, as well as BR-PT and Latin American Spanish text.
  • In the United Kingdom and Australia/New Zealand, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text only.
  • In most European territories, Fallout 4 supports English/French/Italian/German/Spanish voice/text
  • In Russia and Poland, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text and Polish/Russian text.
  • In Asia, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text and English voice / Traditional Chinese text.
  • In Japan, Fallout 4 supports Japanese voice/text.
Note: On consoles, you may need to adjust the system level language settings to gain access to additional languages.

Fallout4_E3_PipBoy_730x411.png

Does Fallout 4 have gamepad support on PC?
Fallout 4 has plug & play compatibility with both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers. Alternate controller options may require additional user adjustments

Does Fallout 4 support Steam Achievements?
Yes.

What platforms and phones support the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy App?
The Fallout 4 Pip-Boy App is usable in tandem with Fallout 4 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. The App is supported on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices.

When will the Pip-Boy App become available?
It will be available for the launch of Fallout 4 on November 10.

What phones will fit in the Pip-Boy Edition Pip-Boy?
The Pip-Boy included will have foam inserts that fit iPhone 6/6s, iPhone 5/5s, iPhone 4/4S, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, and Samsung Galaxy S3. In addition, using the customizable foam insert you should be able to fit most other popular smartphone devices. As we wanted to stay faithful to the dimensions of the in-game model, any smartphones larger than the models listed will not fit inside the wearable device, but can still use the Pip-Boy App.

What is the latest update on the Creation Kit, modding, downloadable content, and Season Pass?
For the latest information, please read our most recent update posted on Bethesda.net

Is there a pre-order bonus?
Everyone who pre-orders a physical copy of the regular or Pip-Boy Edition of the game will receive a Perk Poster with your copy of the game. Digital pre-order bonuses vary by retailer, check with your retailer for more info.

Where else can I learn about Fallout 4?

Official Website
http://fallout4.com

Bethesda.net
http://www.bethesda.net

Facebook
https://facebook.com/fallout

Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/fallout

Instagram
http://www.instagram.com/fallout_game

The minimum GPU gap (550Ti/7870) is certainly large, benchmarks could be interesting.
Yeah, perhaps it heavily favours Nvidia hardware.

I'm still undecided on platform. My default choice is PS4 and we just got a mammoth lounge pug which is f***ing awesome for TV gaming but my iMac (16Gb RAM, 3.5Ghz i7 4771 and 4Gb 780M) could probably run this respectably.

Dammit.

Surprising that it would favor Nvidia so much, you'd think they'd be optimzing for the 7xxx architecture to some degree because of both consoles so something like a 7850 could run it just as well as a 550ti.

Claiming comparable performance between a 40nm GF116 (~700 GFLOPS) and a 28nm Pitcairn XT (~2600 GFLOPS) is beyond ridiculous.

The 550 Ti would probably not match a Radeon 7750 even in the most nVidia-optimized scenario.
Maybe there was a typo and they actually meant 750 Ti, which even then wouldn't be very convincing.

Regardless, the game will probably install and run on anything that supports DX11. They wouldn't want the game not to be playable at all in 99% of the laptops out there.

AWESOME! :yes:

They need to start putting this on TV in the next few weeks.

Back