Far Cry Primal [PS4, XO] (Feb 2016)

I think I'll pass. While I had a couple of thrilling animal hunts in Far Cry 3 it's not something I'd want a whole game centred on and I think the primitive weapons and probable lack of language will make hold this back. Plus I'm not sure I can be arsed to climb more Ubi towers. :nope:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why call this Far Cry?

This has nothing to do with Far Cry except for being an open world explorable in first person. They had an opportunity to create a fresh new franchise but no, let's piggyback on Far Cry because if it sucks, people will buy it for the name.
It's ridiculous how Ubisoft milks its franchises to the extreme.

Far Cry is brand rather then sequel of games with familar characters. It can be silly super mutants or semi realistic setting, as long as it's open world and first person. That said, I can't belive that someone is making stone age first person AAA game in year 2016. Yves must have choked on his morning bagel when developers pitched that idea.

Well, humans killed slow growing k-evolution niche megafauna in real life, so might as well do it in the game. Someone call Phil from Time Team so that we'll get correct stone tools fit for early mesolithic perioid :D

Given the recent resurgence of prehistoric themes in entertainment (Ark, Jurassic World being the 3rd highest grossing movie ever, etc.) I don't see this as a particularly daring move. It fits Ubisoft's games-designed-by-boardroom-members mentality just as snugly as the inclusion of a transgender character in the new AC game does. I'm betting there'll be many giant trees in the game for you to climb so you can scout the surrounding environments for the inevitable open world bloat.

Fast vehicle you say, how about riding fast and stealthy Smilodon Populator that can open up a whole new can of stealth kills ;).
VaVaVooomm!!!!!!

flintstones.jpg

Given the recent resurgence of prehistoric themes in entertainment (Ark, Jurassic World being the 3rd highest grossing movie ever, etc.) I don't see this as a particularly daring move. It fits Ubisoft's games-designed-by-boardroom-members mentality just as snugly as the inclusion of a transgender character in the new AC game does. I'm betting there'll be many giant trees in the game for you to climb so you can scout the surrounding environments for the inevitable open world bloat.

Yeah, who cares if there's 66 million years between age of dinosaurs and era of this game. Practically the same thing right.

This takes place just before the invention of the wheel and in the time when man first started to settle down on one place. Actually I can't think of any game specifically targets this era. Strategy games have had stone age development phases and comedy games mashups (all the eras in one neat setting) like flintstones.

I think I'll pass. While I had a couple of thrilling animal hunts in Far Cry 3 it's not something I'd want a whole game centred on and I think the primitive weapons and probable lack of language will make hold this back. Plus I'm not sure I can be arsed to climb more Ubi towers. :nope:

This is my fear. Lots of killing animals and humans with spears and bows. It doesn't not sound fun. Far Cry is about great gun mechanics and explosions.

I loved playing Far Cry 3 and 4 with the bow. And I like the word bow. Bow.
There is definitely something satisfying in killing a enemy with a bow in a game with good physics. Skyrim. Tomb Raider. Far Cry 3 and 4. The Last of Us.

Why am I not excited ? I usually am for such things, but something here is not working for me :-/ Maybe its the overdone post processing....

After watching the behind the scenes video, I feel a bit better, but the Mad Max brown still throws me off. I hope it is smooth and not clunky in gameplay

This game looks very interesting to me... but yeah. I want Ubi to make Blood Dragon: Vietnam War 3 on nextgen.

Everything is exactly the same as FC3 ! Why ? Even with a complete change in premise, why does the game stick to the old ? FC4 was boring because it was the same as FC3 and now this, even with a complete makeoever, is still the same :-/ ! WTH !

and the lighting is too garish and overexposed in the gameplay demo.

Some great quotes to paraphrase there:

Reginald Dimps: You must lie there all day, thinking of trolling people.

Philip E. Marlow: Yes. Yes, I do.

Philip E. Marlow: I've not seriously doubted since that afternoon that any troll will receive almost instant corroboration, and almost instant collaboration, if the maintenance of it results in the internet's enjoyment of someone else's pain and someone else's humiliation.

Philip E. Marlow: Can I go back to b3d now? I lead an exciting and vibrant life there.

and in tribute of my 3rd yr as smoke free......

I used to think that all I wanted was the good opinion of honorable men and the ungrudging love of beautiful women. Now I know for sure that all I really want is a cigarette.

Back