Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

never played any of the 3 uncharted games, only golden abyss which i really liked, i'm happy to discover this trilogy in it's super saiyan form.

Golden Abyss was a competent Vita shooter but was a pale imitation of the Uncharted experience on the TV; you're in for a great ride! :yes: Uncharted 2 is in my top three games of last gen and my No. 1 wow moments action game.

At 44.46GB the Uncharted Collection is filling that Blu Ray disc to the brim.

I was thinking about PS-VITA Golden Abyss being missing but now it makes sense as to why it wouldn't have fit well.

Nevertheless Uncharted Collection may set a golden standard on making last gen remake/remasters as I've always wanted that game developers would pretty much use their latest possible 3d engine tools to add and basically make a type of Directors Cut of the original version of the games since these are 3d polygon graphics based videogames.

I'm sure Digital Foundry is gonna enjoy analyzing the crap out of this collection which has been a constant wish of tech fans and gamers to know or see the older games running at full speed 60 frames per second and 1080p resolution...not to mention sound takes up considerable space if it's all 7.1 surround sound capable.

This is a pleasant surprise given that we all know that Uncharted series never sold (when initially released) huge numbers like other games.

As for Gears 1 remake...I've read up on it and seen the videos...I still feel they could have used the Gears 3 tech (including A.I., physics, gameplay refinements) or a modified version to remake both Gears 1 and 2 on Xbox one while also reaching 60fps and 1080p...

Btw I always felt Halo 1 and Halo 2 could have benefited greatly if remade as such considering those games have been played to death that new fixes would be a welcome change.

Curiously I've been playing GTAIV Complete Edition on PS3 and thought how much it would benefit from using the latest version of RAGE engine used in GTA V PS4/Xbox One to finally fix or present that early game in full colors, 60 fps and 1080p along with overall improved A.I., physics and gameplay mechanic refinements given that the game was a huge seller and is still relevant.

Anyways this isn't the first time a remake has been so well done but it's definitely the first time for the HD generation...I have high hopes other game devs follow suit...

It took a whole seven years for PS3 to get three Uncharted Games and now in less than three years, the PS4 is about to host four single player campaigns of Uncharted...that's a lot of games.

Next up is Gravity Rush from Vita to Ps4, although that's quite a bit easier than the entire Uncharted trilogy i expect Bluepoint to deliver once again. These guys are awesome.

Also, colors are identical to the Ps3 version, only different lighting in a couple spots

And much better use of AO in the remaster
capturex9jkd.png

Last edited:
The points about the removed input lag are the reason why I couldnt stand the entire last generation. PS2 had top notch controls in pretty much everything, nailed down 60FPS in many games.
Then came the advent of post processing, both in game and in TVs, and suddenly those critical properties of action games got left behind for some "cinematic" crap.
And to add insult to injury, "Multiplayer" became a thing against some guys you dont know miles away.

Enough of this rant, U2 is top notch, and anyone who hasnt played it, should get this remaster.
For U3 I would hope they made the barely interactive cutscenes skipable, for U1 I hope they burned away all of the motion controls.

Next up is Gravity Rush from Vita to Ps4, although that's quite a bit easier than the entire Uncharted trilogy i expect Bluepoint to deliver once again. These guys are awesome.

Also, colors are identical to the Ps3 version, only different lighting in a couple spots

And much better use of AO in the remaster
capturex9jkd.png

IIt's amazing that Gravity Rush got a console version at all...perhaps it was a lucky title to be considered as a potential big or good franchise given that there's also a sequel.

However as far as colors, the last gen consoles used GPUs that were mare before the advent of the Nvidia GT200 which boasted a higher colors output which may be noticed the higher the resolution you go if used...

I ccould be wrong but both current gen consoles should have those capabilites however for Uncharted unless source assets were revamped we wouldn't know it.

The points about the removed input lag are the reason why I couldnt stand the entire last generation. PS2 had top notch controls in pretty much everything, nailed down 60FPS in many games.
Then came the advent of post processing, both in game and in TVs, and suddenly those critical properties of action games got left behind for some "cinematic" crap.
And to add insult to injury, "Multiplayer" became a thing against some guys you dont know miles away.

Enough of this rant, U2 is top notch, and anyone who hasnt played it, should get this remaster.
For U3 I would hope they made the barely interactive cutscenes skipable, for U1 I hope they burned away all of the motion controls.

Also there was the advent of resolutions going higher...if we over analyse GPU tech to have gotten better capable GPUs last gen then the console jump would have to happen in 2008 and the huge problem with that is that even for back then the 55nm hit thermal and power consumption. walls that are a bit higher than what we got last gen...depending if we expect high end GPUs...

thats what killed current gen from getting dedicated high end GPUs...

The PS2 was a well designed powerhouse back then but it had limitations that could not be noticed until the games were made on HD remasters.

I've been watching the gamersyde videos of Uncharted 1 and wow!!

The absense of screen tearing alone makes the game seem like a new experience.

Wow I'm seriously starting to wish for these devs to handle a remaster of Heavenly Sword and any early PS3 games that could use such a boost.

That and I'm seriously wishing for Guerrilla Games to remake Killzone 1, Liberation, Killzone 2, Killzone 3 and maybe the PS-VITA Killzone for PS4.

That and Rockstar games remaking GTA IV...on current gen and this is gonna be the generation where you can't complain about backward compatibility anymore.

I've been watching the gamersyde videos of Uncharted 1 and wow!!

The absense of screen tearing alone makes the game seem like a new experience.

Wow I'm seriously starting to wish for these devs to handle a remaster of Heavenly Sword and any early PS3 games that could use such a boost.

That and I'm seriously wishing for Guerrilla Games to remake Killzone 1, Liberation, Killzone 2, Killzone 3 and maybe the PS-VITA Killzone for PS4.

That and Rockstar games remaking GTA IV...on current gen and this is gonna be the generation where you can't complain about backward compatibility anymore.

Ooooh pleeeese THIS!!! KZ2 at the very least... Even today that game is stunning

I'd definitely be up for a remaster of KZ2 (and a complete remake of KZ1 - just so I can learn to hate Rico all over again and experience using Anti-aircraft guns to annihilate Helgast to a background of lush parkland and falling cherry blossom).

Oh, according to IGN's review this collection doesn't have any behind the scenes stuff that was available for all games on Ps3. I think that alone saved them some serious space. I wish they would just have it as an optional download for people who want to watch this stuff, i enjoyed them on Ps3.

Oh, according to IGN's review this collection doesn't have any behind the scenes stuff that was available for all games on Ps3. I think that alone saved them some serious space. I wish they would just have it as an optional download for people who want to watch this stuff, i enjoyed them on Ps3.
afaik this stuff was on official yt channel for ages.
Is concept art there?

I haven't played Uncharted 2 or 3 in the collection yet but you unlock concept art as you play (accessed through Bonus menu) in Drake's Fortune.

I cancelled my pre-order as was very disappointed with the demo.

I'm still playing MGS5 and felt like it wasn't worth stopping playing this for something that's aged so badly.

Hmm, i thought the opposite from playing the demo. I was surprised by well it aged :D Especially because of the aiming and shooting now moved to L2/R2. And like other people already mentioned on gaf, the default aiming sensitivity in the demo is way too low (20% IIRC) i am running it at 70-80% and it's really snappy.

On another note, the game being so clean AA/AF wise is a really good sign for U4
uncharted_thenathandrpusz5.jpg

It's much better than TLOU:R in that department.

Last edited:
I cancelled my pre-order as was very disappointed with the demo.

I'm still playing MGS5 and felt like it wasn't worth stopping playing this for something that's aged so badly.

A came away from the demo a little shocked as well. I always thought the Uncharted games were shooters that were at least competent. By no means great, but certainly more than serviceable. That said, the gameplay in the demo definitely felt like a relic from a time where developers still hadn't quite figured out how to make shooters work on consoles. And that spastic movement - yikes.

Back