News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are 2 more bundles, $349 & $499 respectively...
xbox%20one%20special%20edition%20gears%20of%20war%20bundle_hero.png

xbox%20one%20with%20kinect%20bundle_large%20tile.png

I really hope they are planning on dropping the price on the Kinect bundle. Plus, another Gears bundle? At least it's $349 for an all white console.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/10/xbox-one-special-edition-gears-of-war-and-xbox-one-with-kinect-bundles

Tommy McClain

We do not know if they use W10 kernel or stayed on forked 8.
I was at Build2015. I know it's using Windows 10, otherwise a handful of my sessions would be moot.
Win8 does not support UWP in the way that W10 does - and xbox will be supporting the latter.

Please check your negative attitude at the door. We're frankly tired of your unsubstantiated FUD at this point.

I like his negative attitude. Also, unless you have access to the XBO's source code you have no idea if it is FUD or not. Also, what difference would it make?

I don't get the point of putting the xbox one on a fork of windows 8 ? Seriously, there are like 15m xbox ones out there . Why continue supporting windows 8 kernels ? The main strength would be to get as many people on windows 10 kernel as possible which is why its free for a year on the pc to those with 7 or 8.

The only thing that's getting forked is the surface rt line but there are a few million at best and shrinking all the time in regards to that and its using arm chips unlike pc's that use x86-64bit which is what the xbox one is also on.

I like his negative attitude. Also, unless you have access to the XBO's source code you have no idea if it is FUD or not. Also, what difference would it make?

Xbox One is really running a modified Windows ME kernel. No one can prove that it's not. There is a flying spaghetti monster that alters the results of carbon dating tests. No one can prove that there's not.

Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg
URL]

Xbox One is really running a modified Windows ME kernel
You're wrong - it boots, so it can't be :)

OT rikimaru didnt say anything wrong. It's the same reason you very often backport patches instead of doing full OS upgrades (linux is a classic example, microsoft's compattelrunning sp*ware backported in 7 & 8 is another example).

It simply depends how many changes they had to do for the port. I don't think you need full w10 capabilities in a locked device, so it is quite possible.
From a cost perspective, I would probably do it, as backporting stuff is much cheaper.

His post history suggests otherwise. He continues to one liner/drive by comments that are backed by nothing.

This site has banned several individuals who repeatedly believe that Xbox is capable of X or Y because of unsubstantiated proof. And that MS had created this amazing product on their hands that is crazy built for the future.

Rikimaru is doing the same thing only against the product where everything positive is a lie and anything negative is true. It's the same tired story but from the other side. Since he has started posting here it has always been largely an anti MS sentiment.

There is no respect there for the talented individuals who actually work on these products because their pay stub has MS on it. It's ridiculous and personally it has no place here in a technical forum. If we have specific rules about AMD and Nvidia badgering there should be equal stances for consoles.

What is the point of pro Sony fan boys or anti MS sentiment coming into these threads constantly? Is it that bad that consumers are getting better return on their investment than previously?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back