Nvidia cards with Dets will not render opengl NURB

katarn444

Newcomer
I am making a flight simulator for a graphics class I am taking. The fuselage is made by a 81 control point NURB. On any Nvidia card I have tried with Dets installed I refuses to render it. I have tried several cards and several Det versions. It woks fine on a Voodoo card and Ati cards. NURBS with less control points work fine. The NURB is rendered with standard windows XP video drivers but the framerates are very low. Does anyone have any clue as to what is going on. I appreciate the help.
Katarn

I'd suggest:

a) Contacting NVIDIA's developer relations.

b) Trying the forums at OpenGL.org, perhaps someone there knows.

As well as doing that you should note that NURBS are not really a part of OpenGL. They are supported by the OpenGL Utility library, or GLU, which I believe (on Windows) is supplied by the operating system rather than the Driver developer. I say this becuase I remember something a conversation about Windows GLU being stuck at 1.2 recently. I could be wrong on that though.

What the GLU library does is take your NURB and subdivide it into other primitives, like quads or triangles. It then uses standard OpenGL calls to pass that info to the Hardware.

This being the case, maybe you've found a problem with the Windows implementation of GLU rather than the NVIDIA driver. I'm surprised you say that it works on other makes of card. Are they the same OS (can you get voodoo drivers for XP?) / Are your NVIDIA and ATI cards in the same system?

Or maybe your simple case is only working by fluke, and you actually have a bug in your code. :p

Good luck

Back