• Intel Skylake
  • 12-inch and 14-inch versions
  • Thinner and lighter
  • Updated stylus

Band 2 rumors:
  • Curved display
  • Available in more countries
  • AT&T promotion with Lumia 950 (US)
Also rumored is a surface phone running a next gen intel atom series chip and a stylus and a surface mini running an intel atom cpu running windows mobile 10.

Is anyone going ? Its about 15 minutes from my house and would go out for a drink with anyone that is in town

I'm thinking a Surface 8" and 12 or 14" Pro combo would be a ideal for me.
I'd like to get hands on the 12" and 14" models if real to get a tactile sense of them.

I'd be interested in a 14 inch pro and a intel phone with continuum. I think that would work great , phone on the go and hook it up to any tv or monitor and then the surface for when I need more power or travel for longer distances.

My poor 1520 has suffered the seemingly now common front-facing microphone failure. I can't be sure when exactly this occurred, whether it was related my care of the device (I've dropped it a few times, although it's in spectacular shape) or related to a software upgrade (as is alluded to in many of the MS forum posts on the subject of the microphone failure.)

Despite this failure, I'm still quite happy with my Windows phone and would enjoy a new model. The 950 XL is quite interesting to me, especially with Continuum.

I'd be quite tempted by a 14" Surface Pro. I'd love to have a portable tablet that had a screen roughly as large as a standard magazine. Unfortunately, it'd probably be a bit on the heavier side, but I'd make do with the greater usability that would bring.

Regards,
SB

Does this really qualify to be in P.C Industry forum looks more like a fit for Mobile Industry
It's a bit of both, especially with Continuum blurring the lines between what is truly mobile and what is truly a PC.When the OS and apps can cleanly flow between the two, where is the delineation point?

Does this really qualify to be in P.C Industry forum looks more like a fit for Mobile Industry

I would say with the surface pro 4 items it squarely fits in the PC Industry. And then throw in the Continuim bits for the other devices and it ties in that way too.

I think this is the surface I will finally get. The 3 made it enough for me to like, but the reduced power consumption will be quite nice. Frankly I don't care if it is thinner and lighter. I hope it still fits the stylus inside the device. I hate to have it on the outside. It might be different for a phone, but I still cannot get on board with separate stylus instead of integrated one. I am still interested in the intel powered phone as well and am thinking my G2 (which I believe I finally fixed) will last that long.

15" SP4 ... thats what i want ... .. i think this will be the surface that truely competes with the macbook pros

I think this is the surface I will finally get. The 3 made it enough for me to like, but the reduced power consumption will be quite nice. Frankly I don't care if it is thinner and lighter. I hope it still fits the stylus inside the device. I hate to have it on the outside. It might be different for a phone, but I still cannot get on board with separate stylus instead of integrated one. I am still interested in the intel powered phone as well and am thinking my G2 (which I believe I finally fixed) will last that long.

Unlikely for it to be stored in the body itself unfortunately. It's a tablet designed primarily for business. A stylus that could fit in the body of the tablet would be too thin for comfortable use throughout the day for businessmen and most especially for artists. So the stylus for the Surface line is designed around the size and heft of a typical high end big business/artist pen.

It would be nice if there was some way to work around that but that would involve a compromise that I don't think Microsoft is willing to make. I myself have a Surface pen and I think the size and weight are almost perfect. Although I wish it wasn't battery powered, I understand why they went that route (lighter tablet, move the weight to where it makes the most sense).

Regards,
SB

Somehow my wife's Surface Pro (original) pen broke where the magnetic "clicky bump" exists; somehow the bump actually pulled out of the pen and stayed attached to the Surface. The replacement was freakin' $80 on Amazon, yet any Wacom tablet pen can work -- so we bought her an inexpensive Fuitsu T5000 for $40 with replaceable nib and eraser points. It doesn't stick to the side of her Surface, but she loves it even more than the original.

I found that the Wacom aftermarket options were excellent, not so much on the Surface 3 side. Does that make a compelling argument for Microsoft to consider switching back? Probably not.

The reason the pen is so expensive is because they no longer make it for the pro 1 and pro 2.

The surface 3 uses tech from ntrig that MS bought. Apparently Wacom was pissed at how much the surface was eating into its sales of the higher end Wacom devices and stoped selling them to ms. In turn MS bought Ntrig

Tommorow is the day. There is a rumor of a MS cardboard like device that apparently leaked onto a website and a rumor that MS / Oculus are announcing something

Tommorow is the day. There is a rumor of a MS cardboard like device that apparently leaked onto a website and a rumor that MS / Oculus are announcing something

Do you have a link to the site for the rumor?

Also, I have a reminder set to watch the live event on my Xbox. MS please don't disappoint.

I will finally be picking a Surface device. I know it will not be likely, but I would like an 8" and either the 12" or 14".

Edit: Nvm, I found it. Not for me.

There will be a web stream, yes? As in, for those who don't own any xboxes and stuff.

There will be a web stream, yes? As in, for those who don't own any xboxes and stuff.
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-watch-microsoft-windows10devices-launch-event-live

windows central has you covered. Starts in an hour and 3 minutes.

Other newer rumors is that google will announce its app line up for windows store and phones

There was a treasure chest device leaked by the fcc

Here is the cardboard rival
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/microsoft-expands-virtual-reality-ambitions-122510326.html?nf=1

Back